i kinda wish our helmets had more green...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Neon any color will never, and I repeat never stand the test of time. We need LESS lime neon green, not more.

mikeak

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":17b7gihy said:
Neon any color will never, and I repeat never stand the test of time. We need LESS lime neon green, not more.

But this is what politicians do. You add more then when you take it away people think they have less and everyone is happy in this case

Or like taxes they temporarily removed some and then they don't want to put any back cause it is an increase.

vant

Reaction score
The green is meant to be a tiny accent. To be honest, .NET has a bit too much green also.

OP
OP
djTOY2000

djTOY2000

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1ytl1lhb said:

i know i made this thread, it was to get the opinon of more green on the helmet, but personally, i agree with you Sgt. Largent. I wish there was NO green - ZERO, ZIP, NOTHING

if we replaced the neon green with a metallic darker silver (gunmetal) - it would look BAD ASS !! (IMO)

people have said "oh we'd look like a cowboys uniform"

cowboys are a completely differrent shade of blue, and a bright silver, and then white

we would be a darker more intimidating blue, an intimidating shade of gunmetal, and then white

plus we have an intimidating 'Hawk on our helmets - they have just a boring star

Steve2222

Reaction score
Barthawk":6r6ahg77 said:
Don't show that helmet to the Army.. that would mesh perfectly with our reflective belts..

Hahaha sure would. We already have enough guys wearing neon green/yellow running shoes.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
The current helmet is my least favourite part of the new uni's. Just doesn't look right. I'm not feeling the middle stripe... mainly because it looks like it's been stuck on using glue and scissors. If it was meshed into the helmet somehow and looked a bit more natural... great. It just looks like a sticker and I'm sure I've seen air bubbles on some of the players helmets recently. Never been a fan of the two-headed snake 'Seahawk' either. Not sure why the logo can't just been on the side of the helmet as it is.

Also, it's neither a matte finish or a metalic finish. It's kind of in-between and just looks a bit... crap. Although the new uni's have grown on me overall, the helmet kind of symbolises just how little cohesion there is between each element. Whenever we replace the uni's, something equally modern but less bat-shit crazy would be fine with me.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":6yk9usrz said:
The current helmet is my least favourite part of the new uni's. Just doesn't look right. I'm not feeling the middle stripe... mainly because it looks like it's been stuck on using glue and scissors. If it was meshed into the helmet somehow and looked a bit more natural... great. It just looks like a sticker and I'm sure I've seen air bubbles on some of the players helmets recently. Never been a fan of the two-headed snake 'Seahawk' either. Not sure why the logo can't just been on the side of the helmet as it is.

Also, it's neither a matte finish or a metalic finish. It's kind of in-between and just looks a bit... crap. Although the new uni's have grown on me overall, the helmet kind of symbolises just how little cohesion there is between each element. Whenever we replace the uni's, something equally modern but less bat-shit crazy would be fine with me.

On the contrary...it is the coolest aspect of our uniform! We all can have our personal opinion. Referring to our helmuts as "bat-shit crazy" is ludirous!!

HawkWow

Reaction score
Keeping the angrier (new) Hawk logo, I would be ecstatic if we went back to the original silver and blue. Alot like Detroit's, but I always felt it was one of the classiest uniforms of all time. Have we even worn them for a throw back occasion? I can't recall.

rideaducati

Reaction score
djTOY2000":2746uqu1 said:
we have so much green now on our uniforms, i wonder why they didn't alter the hawk on the helmet more to this ?

Helmet 02 nfl mezz 1280 1024 600x450 zps6d8161c0

They should just use chin straps and mouth guards that color. Or the face mask....

sutz

Reaction score
That's definitely too much. The old school unis with the royal blue and kelly green pulled it off IMHO, but no to the neon, please.

Oh, and the current way the stripes connect in the back of the helmet doesn't work for me. It was OK in the day, when it was a simple wraparound stripe, but the new logo demands that they don't connect in the back. Just put the logo on the side of the helmet. JMO, don't shoot me.

;)

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
I doesn't make me puke like some here, but i don't like it.--but maybe a thin line of the green around the logo all the way around would make it pop. I mean VERY little.