Bruce Irvin has set the rookie Seahawk record for sacks

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
legend38":2r33ce58 said:
This is sweet,another good draft class.

Right? Who would've known that our first 3 picks would break Seahawk rookie records....

Bruce Irvin, sacks.

Bobby Wagner, tackles.

Russell Wilson, passing TD's (and maybe on a national scale as well).

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
hawksfan515":yj6fun25 said:
Right? Who would've known that our first 3 picks would break Seahawk rookie records....

Bruce Irvin, sacks.

Bobby Wagner, tackles.

Phhhht..... I did.

:sarcasm_off:

aredub

Reaction score
I was at the Seahawks draft party at Century Link and the whole place went dead silent followed up by a bunch of "what the hell" he wasn't even listed on the draft card as a DE. I was so confused. Glad I'm not GM...great draft! Really happy with it.

rastahawk

Reaction score
hawksfan515":2rgnr7ql said:
legend38":2rgnr7ql said:

Bruce Irvin, sacks.

Bobby Wagner, tackles.

And that boys and girls is what you call an A+ draft*. Immediate production and production.

* Mel Kiper did not approve this grade.

redhawk253

Reaction score
i called for 10-12 sacks from irvin so he still has a couple to get in the next 3 games!! i also called that r wilson would be starting by the end of the season.. it just happened a lot sooner than i thought! wagner and turbin have been great surprises for me!

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
I like Irvin. Bruce has good potential but his consistency bothers me. In watching the all22 I see got some good hurries in. I worry about his consistency. His best game was vs green bay when I think he got the first two sacks early in the game to set the tone. His other key sacks were against patriots to seal the game. I'd like to see more of his sacks come at pivotal moments in the game, rather than in garbage time.

I hope he bulks up this summer.

Also a big kudos to him for staying out of trouble off the field. Hopefully he does not surround himself with bad influences over the summer.

MANUNITED23

Reaction score
First off, Mel Kiper most of the time doesn't have a clue. And I absolutely love the production of our rookies.

JerHawk81

Reaction score
I think I hear that Wagner has a shot at breaking the rookie tackle record for the league. 27 away?

chawkjones

Reaction score
Yes, this draft has to be considered a win win for us hawk fans, wonder how that crow is tasting to all those so called annalists or is it anal list. Go Hawks!!!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
For the league? There's a couple of rooks ahead of him right now. Kuechly by a long shot. Too bad Wagner didn't play every down from game one on.

Omahawk

Reaction score
hawksfan515":1mjxgyau said:
legend38":1mjxgyau said:

Bruce Irvin, sacks.

Bobby Wagner, tackles.

Wait a second... Bobby Wagner has a Seahawk rookie record? (Sorry for changing the subject briefly)
Didn't Lofa Tatupu go to the Pro Bowl his rookie seaon? Wow. Bobby Wagner is mannn...

olyfan63

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":38zjpfmg said:
For the league? There's a couple of rooks ahead of him right now. Kuechly by a long shot. Too bad Wagner didn't play every down from game one on.

Kuechly is a stud, watching his NFL play. He would have made a terrific Seahawk too. No complaints at all about Irvin or Wagner. I wonder if Kuechly was still available at our draft slot if we would have taken him over Irvin. No regrets, in any case; Irvin has been doing great things, and for sure will continue to improve and be even more of a force. I thought Kuechly would be a stiff in the NFL but I was wrong and now just have to admire his play.

Erebus

Reaction score
We're getting immediate production from several rookies every year, and even more draft picks producing a year or two after being drafted. Imagine how much better we'll be with one more draft class, and this year's late round picks developing.