Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Deon Butler Sighting.
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:39 pm 
NET Veteran

Per Doug Baldwin's twitter.

Butler would probably make the most sense to bring in. Fairly familiar with the guys, still young. And hey I always liked him!

Attachments:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG [ 21.36 KiB | Viewed 2895 times ]

Post subject: Re: Deon Butler Sighting.
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:47 pm 
*Host of .NET Awards*

I always liked Butler.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:50 pm 
NET Veteran

Good idea. Now get ready to play in 2 days!

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:52 pm 
NET Veteran

I'd love for Butler to get another shot.

IMO, though very different WRs, we never should have kept Edwards over him. Things have changed with our WR set since Butler was kicked to the curb. I think what may not have been a great fit back then, would work much better for us today. Who knows, maybe he really fills in and with the improved play of Tate, we may not have to use a 1st on a WR in April. That would be a wonderful thing.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:52 pm 
NET Veteran

also like this.I expect him to be inactive this week in the Charley Martin role

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:54 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Always liked Butler. I agree he'll likely be inactive this week, but I like this move better than bringing up. someone with no real experience this close to playoff time. We are pretty young already, it's nice to bring in someone with a little time under his belt

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:07 pm 
NET Veteran

We really, really need to think 1 or 2 WRs in this years draft. We don't have depth there at all.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:10 pm 
* NET Philistine *

Bring back Butler. I always thought he got a raw deal. Dude broke his leg for us in 2011. (Well, sort of. I mean, he broke his leg, but I can't say if it was really 'for us'.)

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:11 pm 
NET Veteran

T-Sizzle wrote:
We really, really need to think 1 or 2 WRs in this years draft. We don't have depth there at all.

I agree. I'd love to see Kearse, Bates, Tuninea (sp?) become good players, it's just we need to inject more talent into the group. I hope we use a 1st-3rd pick on a WR (higher end pick) and maybe someone to develop in the 5-6th round.

Even Baldwin had the 1 good year and has been limited this year due to injuries and whatnot. I'd like to see us retool that position, like we've done at so many other position group.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:15 pm 
* 17Power Blogger *

Better than any of that other depth we have.

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:24 pm 
NET Veteran

Long road to recovery since that broken leg! Mad skills, a little fragile.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:25 pm 
NET Veteran

Remember that the 3rd WR typically gets better once you get that first and second threat. So as Rice and Tate have played better and McCoy had a great game last week an "unknown" WR may get many open looks in his first game out there. Kind of like Ogletree for Dallas that had a huge first game against the Giants...

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:26 pm 
NET Veteran

Now read that butler will not travel with the team to toronto

Last edited by canzag on Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:30 pm 
NET Veteran

It would be nice to bring him in, he's def. an upgrade over Kearse, and has made plenty of plays in his career. I mean Moore?? He's brutal.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:33 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

canzag wrote:
Now read that baldwin will not travel with the team to toronto

Baldwin? Do you mean Butler? Baldwin isn't on the injury report. He should definitely be travelling.

As for Butler I haven't even seen an official signing for him yet, so there's no way he's playing sunday with no practice time at all. If he is in town to be signed, he'll practice next week.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:35 pm 
NET Rookie

Nothing against Butler since I like him but I'm starting to feel a little worried about our WR core. We are another injury away from being in serious trouble.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:37 pm 
NET Veteran

kidhawk wrote:
canzag wrote:
Now read that baldwin will not travel with the team to toronto

Baldwin? Do you mean Butler? Baldwin isn't on the injury report. He should definitely be travelling.

As for Butler I haven't even seen an official signing for him yet, so there's no way he's playing sunday with no practice time at all. If he is in town to be signed, he'll practice next week.

Whoops-yes meant Butler,will edit it

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:53 pm 
* NET Eeyore *

Cool. Always liked Mr. Butler.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:32 pm 
NET Veteran

jlwaters1 wrote:
T-Sizzle wrote:

I agree. I'd love to see Kearse, Bates, Tuninea (sp?) become good players, it's just we need to inject more talent into the group. I hope we use a 1st-3rd pick on a WR (higher end pick) and maybe someone to develop in the 5-6th round.

Even Baldwin had the 1 good year and has been limited this year due to injuries and whatnot. I'd like to see us retool that position, like we've done at so many other position group.

I pretty much gave up on Kearse during his senior year at UDub and didn't expect much from him as a Hawk. He just refuses to look the ball in. I'd love to see him get on track.

With improved play from our current set, I am hopeful Butler will have an impact so we don't absolutely have to use our 1st on a WR. Robert Woods didn't have the year expected of him and was over-shadowed by Marquis Lee. I hope that means he falls from the 1st and we can trade up to get him in the 2nd. He is a great kid, has great hands, runs precise routes, very coachable and I think has a huge upside. We might want to grab a project type burner later in the draft as well. One thing I am confident in, whomever we draft, will be solid and that's just a great feeling to have.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:13 pm 
I'M JIMMY!

Butler had some moves with the ball and my hopes were high from him.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:12 am 
NET Veteran

seriously why did we let durham go again?

Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:16 am 
NET Veteran

I was seriously worried about this weekend until this happened. I really like Butler.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:17 am 
* NET Bad Ass *

After Patrick Willis snapped his leg and he still held on to the ball for that TD, I'm always going to be pulling for that kid.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:57 am 
NET Starter

Seeker wrote:

I can't say for certain but he didn't run the right routes/made mental mistakes in his last game for Detroit. He made a great catch but its more important that you actually execute what you are supposed to do every down than make a circus catch every once in a while.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:37 am 
* NET Alumni *

Durham looked bad in preseason in the limited time he was healthy.

I'm really liking bringing Butler back. I thought they should have brought him back several weeks ago when we were down to 3 receivers, but I believe he was trying out for the Texans that week anyway. Deon is capable of doing quite a bit, and is a better play by a longshot than your average "street free agent" type. He is the type that can come in and make some big plays.

We've seen it before with Pete Hunter, maybe we see it again with Deon. Interesting thing that Deon was a starter here not too long ago. I don't know what he did to get beat out by Charley Martin, but apparently Martin just had a better preseason. I've actually seen Butler do something in the regular season though. Maybe his leg just got so messed up that he'll never be the same. That would be a real shame, because he was a burner.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:18 am 
NET Veteran

TheHawkster wrote:
After Patrick Willis snapped his leg and he still held on to the ball for that TD, I'm always going to be pulling for that kid.

Agreed. the guy was a definite up-and-comer until he broke his leg. I'm sure he's only going to get better

Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:54 am 
NET Veteran

Mark my words, Deon Butler will catch a game winning TD next week against the Whiners to break their back and spirit. :D

Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:02 am 
USMC 1970-77

I always thought of Butler as Bobby Engram 2.0. Similar size and skillset IIRC, just not as experienced, of course. Wasn't he also a Penn State alum?

Would have loved to hang on to him and see him develop ala Tate. If we could get him back in the fold, he could contribute in just a couple of weeks IMHO. Fans are largely too impatient with young players, especially at WR.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS

Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:39 am 
NET Veteran

My thoughts on the deon butler cutting was this.
WE thought we were going to have Flynn as our starter, and Flynn simply does not have wilsons arm, so without the ability to throw as deep as butler can get (4.25 speed I think) it was pointless to keep him.
He has great hands, and runs good routes... and is a deep threat.
However.. We already have 2 midget wide outs in Baldwin and tate.
that's my thoughts and i'm sticking to it.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:49 pm 
NET Veteran

SEC FAN wrote:
Seeker wrote:

I can't say for certain but he didn't run the right routes/made mental mistakes in his last game for Detroit. He made a great catch but its more important that you actually execute what you are supposed to do every down than make a circus catch every once in a while.

I thought Durham sucked for the Lions in the game I saw against Green Bay. They kept targeting him and he kept finding a way to not get open enough and not come up with the ball. Made me glad that PC/JS let him walk. Now the head-scratcher is Evan Moore, and when if ever he will start making plays for Seattle.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:57 pm 
NET Veteran

I am glad that we are taking a look at Butler again. I like the young man a lot and hope we sign him. I believe the reason we let him go was the blocking on running plays. His size is a bit detrimental in being able to move the corners away from the running lanes to his side.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:25 am 
NET Veteran

I see him playing vs the Bills.With Sidney ailing we might need him so it makes sense to dress him.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:31 am 
NET Veteran

Im Surprised we didnt sign Lockette off the 49ers practice squad , or can we not do that?

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:25 am 
NET Starter

EastCoastHawksFan wrote:
Im Surprised we didnt sign Lockette off the 49ers practice squad , or can we not do that?

Yeah we can. The only rules are that if you take another teams practice squad player he automatically is elevated to the 53 man roster. You have to pay him for 3 weeks as a member of the 53, even if you cut him. And you cannot sign an opposing teams practice squad player withinin 6 days of playing them.

Maybe we could have gotten some insider information we didn't already know about the 49ers comming up?

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:03 pm 
NET Veteran

Butler inactive. Guess will see him next week for the whinners.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]