Thurmond out; Sidney Rice playing vs Bills

canzag

Reaction score
Maxwell and Lane will have to step up.I assume Snead dresses as the 4th corner,still very confident this week and moving forward.

Killa Kam

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":or1or80l said:
I hope Lane can step up. Maxwell is terrible.
Aside from last week I don't think he's ever gotten playing time; So what makes you think he's going to be terrible.

HawkWow

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3jhsfzpx said:
At least nobody has a lot of film on Lane and Maxwell...Expect them to get tested early and hopefully we can get some pressure on Fitz.

Excellent point. We know them, they don't know us. Our back ups have the luxury of playing / studying under the best secondary in the league. That elite secondary was hand picked by Pete and Pete picked the back ups as well. I think with a decent rush, we wil be fine and may even find another diamond in the process.

themunn

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":qbbdottv said:
hawker84":qbbdottv said:
does the dude know the term stretch out before practice...

Actually, stretching doesn't help you prevent injuries. It's a myth, basically.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/09/0 ... -injuries/
http://www.runnersworld.com/stretching/ ... t-injuries

Stretching before straight up running doesn't - if you're a regular runner that is, it's still beneficial for someone who hasn't been at full-fitness, and in a sport like football where there's a lot of changing direction (which forces muscles into various positions), it's definitely helpful.

But that does prove something I always thought true - when I was running every day I never ever stretched and never felt I had to. That said, I stopped about 4 months ago and now my muscles all feel inflexible and any time i do any light exercise they tighten up quickly unless I stretch first

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
themunn":293gi7b7 said:
in a sport like football where there's a lot of changing direction (which forces muscles into various positions), it's definitely helpful.
Provide some good evidence for this.

themunn":293gi7b7 said:
But that does prove something I always thought true - when I was running every day I never ever stretched and never felt I had to. That said, I stopped about 4 months ago and now my muscles all feel inflexible and any time i do any light exercise they tighten up quickly unless I stretch first
Nobody is arguing that it doesn't loosen your muscles, the argument is whether tight/unloosened muscles contribute more to injury, and they don't; even if it feels logical.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Hawk-A-Loogie":1y6i03wv said:
Atleast Kelly Jennings was durable....

That's because he never tackled anyone and just followed them to the endzone.

nsport

Reaction score
rideaducati":4tvatyzp said:
Hawk-A-Loogie":4tvatyzp said:
Atleast Kelly Jennings was durable....

That's because he never tackled anyone and just followed them to the endzone.

bazinga.jpg

mikeak

Reaction score
TJ Graham always caught the deep ball at NC State. Seemed like he had one every game........scares me with the CB backups in there. I know he hasn't done much in the pros and Glennon does have a great arm even though he sometimes forgets who is on his team so maybe Fitz can't find Graham....

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":12lhogh0 said:
Sucks! Next man up, PC and company will coach these guys up and hopefully they'll tear it up.
Agreed....disappointed, but that's the way it is. Believe in your team and it's players or don't. I choose to believe. Go Hawks!

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I read a few studies that showed that stretching actually increased injury rates significantly (well beyond the margin of error in all studies done).

I was a coach and PE teacher for a while and eliminated the 20 minutes of stretching we were told to do, and just did what the studies suggested and did slower versions of the main movements to "warm up" instead. Repetitions of the primary actions basically (just as you see NFL players do during warm-ups out on the field and baseball players do in BP before the game).

I found a significant drop in injury and a significant improvement in performance. I tried it for 5 years myself after being an ardent stretcher and constantly injured athlete, and in that five year span didn't tear, stretch, or strain anything. The one thing that happened was a broken ankle from a direct karate kick by an opponent. Stretching wouldn't have changed that. But I also saw my own performance improve. I went from a fair to middling baseball/softball player, to one who moved up two ranks nationally to B level, which is where college baseball/minor league baseball level players are classified. So past my prime years without stretching I went from D to nationally ranked B. Just one small scale experiment, but it worked for me, and it worked for the teams I coached at all different age levels, and also for the classes I taught where we were having constant hamstring and calf and knee issues along with abdominal and back strains after the district's prescribed 20 minutes of stretching. It was pretty amazing.

hawksman53

Reaction score
Yeah lets trade Browner and let Thurmond take over his spot!!! :sarcasm_on:

morgulon1

Reaction score
hawksman53":1olt0wqs said:
Yeah lets trade Browner and let Thurmond take over his spot!!! :sarcasm_on:

I dont know why, but I laughed out loud (a little).

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Now Chancellor's hip is injured. This is new. WTF?