Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: How great is this Sunday?
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:18 am 
* Report Button *

As Seahawks fans we get to root an up and coming elite QB, making a statement in Wilson. Then, we can gleefully and without guilt, root for the greatest QB and maybe male of all-time, in Tom Brady?

Also, assumimg the Hawks hold serve, it'll be VERY nice to see what Coach Hoodie has in store for Harbaugh. Bill wants this, bad, to prevent a NY Giants type edge over his team. Plus, it doesn't appear Harbaugh is a favorite within the NFL coaching fraternity.

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.

Post subject: Re: How great is this Sunday?
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:26 am 
NET Veteran

So fired up. A bunch of us are going up to Vancouver to watch the game. I can't help but think about how incredible it would be to watch the Pats knock off the Whiners AFTER we win. Come on Hawks, get it done.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:27 am 
* Report Button *

Assuming Hawks win, is there anyone you'd rather want to face the 9ers, than the Pats? Its perfect.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:28 am 
NET Rookie

SoulfishHawk wrote:
So fired up. A bunch of us are going up to Vancouver to watch the game. I can't help but think about how incredible it would be to watch the Pats knock off the Whiners AFTER we win. Come on Hawks, get it done.

I am sure BB has let Wilfolk AND Brady know that Harbaugh believes their SB are tainted.. (and said in such a way to make them think Harbaugh was implying they are not that good.) A fired up Brady and an ANGRY Beast in wilfolk I like our chances...

(am I bad in hoping its a worse beat down they give to the 49ers than what we did to the Texans? i so want a 54-0 blow out..)

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:30 am 
NET Veteran

I will be a HUGE Pats fan on Sunday night, and won't feel bad about it one bit. To be honest, and I'm not a Pats hater at all, I respect what they've done, although I really only like the Hawks, and nobody else. I do think the Pats are the best team in the NFL right now.
Do your thing on Sunday Night! The 12th Man will be pulling for you, big time.

Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:31 am 
* Report Button *

I can't ever hate the Pats.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:38 am 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

pehawk wrote:

Don't ever say ever.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:38 am 
* NET Philistine *

PatsFanNH wrote:
SoulfishHawk wrote:

I am sure BB has let Wilfolk AND Brady know that Harbaugh believes their SB are tainted.. (and said in such a way to make them think Harbaugh was implying they are not that good.) A fired up Brady and an ANGRY Beast in wilfolk I like our chances...

(am I bad in hoping its a worse beat down they give to the 49ers than what we did to the Texans? i so want a 54-0 blow out..)

The Pats Super Bowl wins are tainted. 9-0 before Spygate, 7-6 since. (Or maybe the defense Carroll built for them was that good, just like ours.)

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:40 am 
* Report Button *

tomahawk wrote:
pehawk wrote:

Don't ever say ever.

So true. I used to enjoy Stealers.

Touche, sugarpants, touche.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:41 am 
NET Rookie

Sarlacc83 wrote:
PatsFanNH wrote:
SoulfishHawk wrote:

The Pats Super Bowl wins are tainted. 9-0 before Spygate, 7-6 since. (Or maybe the defense Carroll built for them was that good, just like ours.)

7-6 you mean playoff record? (I think) and you and I can debate the tainted BUT A HC SHOULD NEVER EVER EVER SAY IT!! (fans is one thing a HC just being dumb IMO)

and FYI the D was good when Carroll was here but 90% were Parcell drafts or old BB D players from Jets etc... The draft under Carroll were gawd awful, but he didnt have full co9ntrol either.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:45 am 
NET Veteran

pehawk wrote:
Assuming Hawks win, is there anyone you'd rather want to face the 9ers, than the Pats? Its perfect.

the Rams? but the Pats will do. i hate the Pats for the simple fact they've gorged themselves on success for the last decade , and we have not.. divisional titles are great, but nothing satisfies like a superbowl victory... so i am jealous, i too want to dine at the adult table...

this will be a tough game for both teams, home field advantage and crappy weather , i give the nod to the pats.. hopefully it's a huge ginormous nod..

Go Pats!!!! and oh yea Go Steelers :pukeface: f**k Michael Irvin

Last edited by hawker84 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:46 am 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

No matter what BB does - Spygate will be something that always hangs over him and his wins.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:52 am 
NET Rookie

tomahawk wrote:
No matter what BB does - Spygate will be something that always hangs over him and his wins.

VERY TRUE! But man been very successful since (Best record in the NFL and 2 SB) and Spygate one silver lining for me is the having the plays called in the same way the O does now.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:54 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*

If Sunday goes as I am hoping, it will be the beginning of an awesome week that will culminate in quite possibly the most anticipated game at the Clink since the NFCCG.

So yeah, I am hoping not just for a Pats victory, but the kind of victory that creates cracks in the Niners confidence and adds more strain to the impending Harbaugh media debacle. (for the record, niner trolls, I think he is a great coach, but c'mon, we all know there is a Denny Green/Jim Mora Sr type meltdown moment in his future)

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:58 am 
NET Veteran

Scottemojo wrote:
If Sunday goes as I am hoping, it will be the beginning of an awesome week that will culminate in quite possibly the most anticipated game at the Clink since the NFCCG.

So yeah, I am hoping not just for a Pats victory, but the kind of victory that creates cracks in the Niners confidence and adds more strain to the impending Harbaugh media debacle. (for the record, niner trolls, I think he is a great coach, but c'mon, we all know there is a Denny Green/Jim Mora Sr type meltdown moment in his future)

Yes. A thousand times yes.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:11 am 
NET Veteran

Very excited for football this weekend. Not only for the reasons you said, but I also have a fantasy football semi-final that I am super excited about

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:23 am 
* NET Philistine *

Scottemojo wrote:

I predict it happens in the playoffs after Kaep blows a big game and the media starts to question why he didn't start Alex Smith. It starts as a T.O. "This is my QB" situation and just completely escalates.

But if it happened after a loss to Seattle putting the 49ers in 2nd place in the NFC West, I'd probably cry from joy. We'd never hear about 5 golden rings ever again on this forum because there'd be no way to get around the post-Seattle meltdown.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:26 am 
* 17Power Blogger *

Scottemojo wrote:

I cannot wait for this day.

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:31 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*

This Sunday is only great if we win and the 49ers lose. If the 49ers beat NE, we're only in the play-offs as a wild card.

However, this Sunday will be very exciting, for sure.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:34 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*

RolandDeschain wrote:
This Sunday is only great if we win and the 49ers lose. If the 49ers beat NE, we're only in the play-offs as a wild card.

The one nagging thought at the back of my mind is that this team just doesn't do much the easy way. So, if we end up a wild card team, so be it.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:48 am 
* NET Philistine *

RolandDeschain wrote:

The 49ers have to win and Seattle has to lose for the 9ers to clinch the division. It's very unlikely they lose to Arizona, but stranger things have happened.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:52 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*

Sarlacc83 wrote:
The 49ers have to win and Seattle has to lose for the 9ers to clinch the division. It's very unlikely they lose to Arizona, but stranger things have happened.

Right, but I'm not counting on the 1-in-a-million shot; lol.

*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:00 am 
NET Rookie

RolandDeschain wrote:
Sarlacc83 wrote:

Right, but I'm not counting on the 1-in-a-million shot; lol.

well with a little luck all the Hawks need to do is take care of business next Sunday and the division is theirs.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:21 am 
US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78

Scottemojo wrote:

I genuinely dream about this happening, but I won't rate this game on par with the NFCCG. I rate it more along the line of maybe the Saints PO game 2 years ago.
Yet, what a wonderful scenario for debate and conjecture.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:09 pm 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*

LudwigsDrummer wrote:
Scottemojo wrote:

I genuinely dream about this happening, but I won't rate this game on par with the NFCCG. I rate it more along the line of maybe the Saints PO game 2 years ago.

Thus my use of the word SINCE.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:02 pm 

Scottemojo wrote:
LudwigsDrummer wrote:
Scottemojo wrote:

Thus my use of the word SINCE.

Dang, I missed the SINCE part and beg forgivness.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:06 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*

LudwigsDrummer wrote:

You don't receive it. HANG HIM!

*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:16 pm 
* PA's # 1 Seahawks Fan *

Please Guys......
Don't put the Wagon BEFORE the Bill...... :34853_doh:

This is a SHOULD win ~ ...just like Miami...
I hope this is the one thing the guys have learned in the last few weeks !!!

Hopefully, Wolf Grey bring their BITE !!! :icon_new:

GO HAWKS !!

Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:21 pm 

RolandDeschain wrote:
LudwigsDrummer wrote:

You don't receive it. HANG HIM!

Rats, I'm a goner.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:58 pm 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*

PatsFanNH wrote:
Sarlacc83 wrote:
PatsFanNH wrote:
[quote="SoulfishHawk"]So fired up. A bunch of us are going up to Vancouver to watch the game. I can't help but think about how incredible it would be to watch the Pats knock off the Whiners AFTER we win. Come on Hawks, get it done.

7-6 you mean playoff record? (I think) and you and I can debate the tainted BUT A HC SHOULD NEVER EVER EVER SAY IT!! (fans is one thing a HC just being dumb IMO)

and FYI the D was good when Carroll was here but 90% were Parcell drafts or old BB D players from Jets etc... The draft under Carroll were gawd awful, but he didnt have full co9ntrol either.[/quote]
I got the impression from articles I've read that Pete had little to no say over personnel in New England (he was really ticked when Martin was traded to the Jets). That's one of the reasons the job at USC was so attractive to him. It's also why he had said he didn't think he'd leave USC to go back to the NFL; he didn't think he'd ever get the type of control to shape and run a team the way he wanted. Paul Allen changed all that.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:55 pm 
* Report Button *

Forgot while rooting for Brady is great, the Patriots are still and AFC team.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]