i kinda wish our helmets had more green...

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • we have so much green now on our uniforms, i wonder why they didn't alter the hawk on the helmet more to this ?

Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire

• no offense.... just not diggin that
    blue 22
    NET Veteran

• Wow that just looks bad. :)
    I enjoy ruining threads by making them about personal attacks and then commenting about how personal attacks make the other person's argument invalid.

:les:
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

• that would be cool if it were lighted :)
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• My eyes hurt... I like it the way it is...

If you are going to go with more green, I think it would have to be a different shade. IMO, they used just enough.
    Starrman44
    NET Veteran

• No thanks on that version of the helmet but I sure wish they made the grey in the updated Hawk logo to be metallic/silver, not the dirty snow color it is now.

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• The neon green is a color that looks pretty good on our uniforms as a detail color. If you add more it becomes too strong. I love our uniforms now and I have to say no to that helmet. And this is coming from a guy who loves the neon green.

The metallic/silver idea sounds very good though.
    talic7
    NET Bench Warmer

• Barf. No way.
    We want the ball and we're gonna score.
    LawHawk
    NET Veteran

• That would be a great helmet for highway safety workers and school crossing guards.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Don't show that helmet to the Army.. that would mesh perfectly with our reflective belts..

Where can I find Seahawks98.com???
    Barthawk
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*

• I don't know why they just didn't put LED's in the helmets and uniforms and light us up like a Christmas tree every Sunday.
    djb28
    NET Veteran

• No thanks, I like them how they are. The green just doesn't look good.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• Really ? :pukeface:
    hawkfannj
    NET Veteran

• Barthawk wrote:Don't show that helmet to the Army.. that would mesh perfectly with our reflective belts..

Sounds like Mr. Leo is still working for the Army....

WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• If we did that we would have ALL of the forty-whiner fans complaining about how blinding it is!!
    "Make good teams look bad and make bad teams look terrible!" -Michael Robinson
    BlueTalons
    NET Veteran

• :pukeface:
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• :177692: :pukeface:
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• I think it would help RW. The green would be like a beacon going straight up in the air so he could locate the players easier you know since he is short and all.......
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• Great, you just brought on my acid reflux for the day. That looks absolutely hideous
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• I think it looks kind of cool. Love Aros' idea of the metalic silver too.
    "I want to drink Ranier Beer out of a mug made from Jim harbaugh's hollowed out skull." CANHAWK
    sam1313
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• Neon any color will never, and I repeat never stand the test of time. We need LESS lime neon green, not more.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

• Sgt. Largent wrote:Neon any color will never, and I repeat never stand the test of time. We need LESS lime neon green, not more.

But this is what politicians do. You add more then when you take it away people think they have less and everyone is happy in this case

Or like taxes they temporarily removed some and then they don't want to put any back cause it is an increase.
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• The green is meant to be a tiny accent. To be honest, .NET has a bit too much green also.
    vant
    NET Practice Squad

• Sgt. Largent wrote:Neon any color will never, and I repeat never stand the test of time. We need LESS lime neon green, not more.

i know i made this thread, it was to get the opinon of more green on the helmet, but personally, i agree with you Sgt. Largent. I wish there was NO green - ZERO, ZIP, NOTHING

if we replaced the neon green with a metallic darker silver (gunmetal) - it would look BAD ASS !! (IMO)

people have said "oh we'd look like a cowboys uniform"

cowboys are a completely differrent shade of blue, and a bright silver, and then white

we would be a darker more intimidating blue, an intimidating shade of gunmetal, and then white

plus we have an intimidating 'Hawk on our helmets - they have just a boring star
    Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire

• Barthawk wrote:Don't show that helmet to the Army.. that would mesh perfectly with our reflective belts..

Hahaha sure would. We already have enough guys wearing neon green/yellow running shoes.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• How many different ways can you say, "Suck"? :34853_doh:
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• The current helmet is my least favourite part of the new uni's. Just doesn't look right. I'm not feeling the middle stripe... mainly because it looks like it's been stuck on using glue and scissors. If it was meshed into the helmet somehow and looked a bit more natural... great. It just looks like a sticker and I'm sure I've seen air bubbles on some of the players helmets recently. Never been a fan of the two-headed snake 'Seahawk' either. Not sure why the logo can't just been on the side of the helmet as it is.

Also, it's neither a matte finish or a metalic finish. It's kind of in-between and just looks a bit... crap. Although the new uni's have grown on me overall, the helmet kind of symbolises just how little cohesion there is between each element. Whenever we replace the uni's, something equally modern but less bat-shit crazy would be fine with me.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

• theENGLISHseahawk wrote:The current helmet is my least favourite part of the new uni's. Just doesn't look right. I'm not feeling the middle stripe... mainly because it looks like it's been stuck on using glue and scissors. If it was meshed into the helmet somehow and looked a bit more natural... great. It just looks like a sticker and I'm sure I've seen air bubbles on some of the players helmets recently. Never been a fan of the two-headed snake 'Seahawk' either. Not sure why the logo can't just been on the side of the helmet as it is.

Also, it's neither a matte finish or a metalic finish. It's kind of in-between and just looks a bit... crap. Although the new uni's have grown on me overall, the helmet kind of symbolises just how little cohesion there is between each element. Whenever we replace the uni's, something equally modern but less bat-shit crazy would be fine with me.

On the contrary...it is the coolest aspect of our uniform! We all can have our personal opinion. Referring to our helmuts as "bat-shit crazy" is ludirous!!
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• Keeping the angrier (new) Hawk logo, I would be ecstatic if we went back to the original silver and blue. Alot like Detroit's, but I always felt it was one of the classiest uniforms of all time. Have we even worn them for a throw back occasion? I can't recall.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• djTOY2000 wrote:we have so much green now on our uniforms, i wonder why they didn't alter the hawk on the helmet more to this ?

They should just use chin straps and mouth guards that color. Or the face mask....
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

• That's definitely too much. The old school unis with the royal blue and kelly green pulled it off IMHO, but no to the neon, please.

Oh, and the current way the stripes connect in the back of the helmet doesn't work for me. It was OK in the day, when it was a simple wraparound stripe, but the new logo demands that they don't connect in the back. Just put the logo on the side of the helmet. JMO, don't shoot me.

;)
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• I doesn't make me puke like some here, but i don't like it.--but maybe a thin line of the green around the logo all the way around would make it pop. I mean VERY little.
    KARAVARUS
    NET Veteran

• Less is more.

The green should be minimal to be most effective.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• :pukeface:

That's horrendous.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:49 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]