RW In The Toronto News

grizbob

Reaction score
What gives, I would have thought the article would be in French :mrgreen:

But seriously, thanks TH, very nice article, I'd almost forgotten that RW played baseball too :th2thumbs:

Snake Plisskin

Reaction score
That was a GREAT read. Thanks.

“But there was something about him from the time I first met him. Something hard to define. He had that something in his demeanor and his personality and his charisma, an intelligence and self-confidence you don’t see in an 18-year-old. The easy thing to determine is relative arm strength — he had that. The rest is the hard part. And we know what’s happened since.”

silverss

Reaction score
Simmons is a long time Toronto sports columnist.
He writes well even though he is writing for a rag (The Sun).

Here is another 'hawks article in our business paper (Lynch angle):
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/f ... le6277122/

lol at Wilson:
“I’m excited to go there and play there in a cool venue,” he said. “I can’t wait.”
(used to be a COOL venue - not anymore!)

GCrow

Reaction score
Read this last night, normally am giddy to read anything involving Russell however was very skeptical given it was the Toronto Sun and Simmons (Not Bill). However went ahead and was even more giddy when finished. Marc Trestman is a coach who I am very fond of (had no clue he had connections with Pete) and glad can add him to long list of Russell praisers.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
Good article. Also gathered from that, that the Bills aren't really much of a big deal in Toronto. Wonder how much of a home field advantage they will have on Sunday?

silverss

Reaction score
TriCHawk":1xns6xvy said:
Good article. Also gathered from that, that the Bills aren't really much of a big deal in Toronto. Wonder how much of a home field advantage they will have on Sunday?

You are correct.
There won't be much support. Whatever they do will be fake/made up for the event day.

Its only a spectacle for people. They will buy and parade some Bills stuff but ask those same people who the QB is & they have no clue!

True NFL fans in Toronto DO NOT follow the Bills.

OP
OP
T

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
GCrow":2aoq92go said:
Read this last night, normally am giddy to read anything involving Russell however was very skeptical given it was the Toronto Sun and Simmons (Not Bill). However went ahead and was even more giddy when finished. Marc Trestman is a coach who I am very fond of (had no clue he had connections with Pete) and glad can add him to long list of Russell praisers.

Simmons only hates Toronto teams, he seems to be allright with all of the rest. I don't think the Bills will have much of a home field advantage at all, I think there will be a lot of Seahawk fans there.

GCrow

Reaction score
Ya that is very true (not from the GTA but am a Leafs fan *Le Sigh*). I just normally try to avoid - other than a select few - canadian national sportswriters when talking about something other than Hockey.

And ya, there literally is just gonna be a mixed bag of fans in there. I'm sure there will be a few Buffalo folk who make the trip up but shouldn't have to much effect. However I don't think the atmosphere will be similar to the Edward Jones Dome however, where if feels like your playing in a mall. People will cheer for good football, and hey if Russell/Beast Mode and the boys make some plays early on could swing alot of fans on the fence.

grizbob

Reaction score
ParisPC07":4rxi8dyx said:
Je savais pas qu'il y avait beaucoup parmi vous qui s'interressent à la langue français!

Touche' :lol:

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
silverss":jgjzb397 said:
TriCHawk":jgjzb397 said:

You are correct.
There won't be much support. Whatever they do will be fake/made up for the event day.

Its only a spectacle for people. They will buy and parade some Bills stuff but ask those same people who the QB is & they have no clue!

True NFL fans in Toronto DO NOT follow the Bills.

This part was rather condemning and I could see it as an advantage towards Seattle:

And, on Sunday at Rogers Centre, in Round 5 of this ill-fated, ill-conceived Bills in Toronto series that has captured the imagination of so few, it isn’t easy to care about another Bills team paddling in circles.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Its crazy how big of a star this guy is already becoming.

Latest posts