Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Tailgate32 EP20: Seattle
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:30 pm 
NET Rookie

A cool video of a typical Seahawks Sunday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4vAXTODZJg&sns=em

Post subject: Re: Tailgate32 EP20: Seattle
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:50 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

They never made it down south of the stadium where the real tailgaters are. We normally start the night before just to get the free parking. Then sleep in until Fox Sunday starts and Red Zone till time to head to the stadium. Been doing it ever since the new stadium opened.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:10 pm 
NET Rookie

Hawgpen wrote:
They never made it down south of the stadium where the real tailgaters are. We normally start the night before just to get the free parking. Then sleep in until Fox Sunday starts and Red Zone till time to head to the stadium. Been doing it ever since the new stadium opened.

I'm with you on that, they should've at least down that. The King Street bar is a cool pre/post game watering hole however.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:59 pm 
NET Veteran

Out of curiosity, I went to see how Pittsburgh was. "We had a hard time finding tailgaters because so many Pittsburgh fans don't live in the area." It looked liked a high school team "tailgate" if you can call it that.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:42 am 
NET Veteran

That was fun, we were down at our regular spot, King Street, when that was filmed. Was glad to not be in the video hahahaha.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:03 pm 
* NET Recluse *
* NET Recluse *

What I like about the video is that they address how the tailgating is spread through the bars and parking lots around the stadium.

What I don't like about the video is the focus on King Street for the bar. In my experience, it is a place where, if you aren't part of that South
Endzone clique, you aren't as welcome as in some of the other bars. I rolled in there when it opened at 8 AM one time last season to meet up with
someone (maybe Psycho?) and sat in that center section. When the makeup-clad people started to come in a couple of hours later, I was
unceremoniously pushed out and ended up waiting outside because I was so pissed off.

I guess kudos to the owner for establishing that spot (and he does do a ton for the Seahawk fan community in the on and offseason)
but I can't imagine another place, say Temple or Triangle, reserving a chunk of their places for late comers, no matter how
much makeup you have on or how much of a regular you are. First come, first served should rule, in my opinion.

Last edited by Riley12 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:05 pm 
* Report Button *

Riley12 wrote:
What I like about the video is that they address how the tailgating is spread through the bars and parking lots around the stadium.

What I don't like about the video is the focus on King Street for the bar. In my experience, it is a place where, if you aren't part of that South
Endzone clique, you aren't as welcome as in some of the other bars. I rolled in there when it opened at 8 AM one time last season to meet up with
someone (maybe Psycho?) and sat in that center section. When the makeup-clad people started to come in a couple of hours later, I was
unceremoniously pushed out and ended up waiting outside because I was so pissed off.

I guess kudos to the owner for establishing that spot (and he does do a ton for the Seahawk fan community in the on and offseason)
but I can't imagine another place, say Temple or Triangle reserving a chunk of the place for late comers, no matter how
much makeup you have on. First come, first served should rule, in my opinion.

I love you.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:06 pm 
* NET Recluse *
* NET Recluse *

I know we share very similar opinions on that crowd. That's part of why I love you too.

I know my attitude is also odd, because we are all fans of the same team. I just get upset, in general, when
people think they are entitled to things. That's about all I'll say on that, because I do have people whom I consider
at least good acquaintances in that aforementioned crowd.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]