Sherman suspension pushed back to next season

BocciHawk

Reaction score
MODS:

PLEASE edit the topic title as it's totally misleading.

I don't get ANYTHING from the linked article that indicates that either the appeal or the suspension is known to be pushed back to the 2013 season.

I haven't seen ANYTHING on any other media to suggest that the status has changed at all. We've known for a while now that Sherman has hired a lawyer, and that the December 14th date for the appeal will be moved back. We don't know ANYTHING about when that appeal will occur, and the timing of any possible suspension.

I'm really disappointed with the OP.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
makkapakka":3obdcqa3 said:
That being said, maybe I'm way off but how many people here think Sherman has been falsely accused and has a legit appeal vs him and the 'Hawks working the system to stagger the suspensions. Browner seems to have accepted his guilt.

I don't think the team is behind this. I think these are decisions made by the individuals, in consultation with their agents and/or lawyers.

Since the players are unionized, I doubt that the team can try to lean on them to do anything outside of their own will. It's possible that they decided individually to do this for the good of the team, but that seems doubtful too. The value of their next contract, as well as other possibilities to market themselves, hangs in the balance over this stuff. They're probably going to put themselves first, and they should.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
The team absolutely cannot have any real impact on the situation. They aren't even really supposed to discuss it with the player. I'm sure some informal talking happens, but it's entirely between the player and the NFL.

kidhawk

Reaction score
BocciHawk":2evoysf5 said:
The team absolutely cannot have any real impact on the situation. They aren't even really supposed to discuss it with the player. I'm sure some informal talking happens, but it's entirely between the player and the NFL.

Is this true? I'm not saying you are wrong, I could just be ignorant of this fact, but as I understand it, the team is not allowed to discuss this publicly. I also have heard that a team cannot punish a player in any way for being suspended for PED's, but I hadn't heard that they couldn't discuss it at all with them. Just curious if this is your take or if you got this from a reporter or some other source?

tdigitee

Reaction score
Agree someone DEFINITELY needs to change the title - WAY misleading

BUT I enjoyed the BMX dance off - how did I miss that movie growing up? Thought the dude was Scott Baio. "It's yer JOB to know!"

vin.couve12

Reaction score
tdigitee":9oy2o7i7 said:
Agree someone DEFINITELY needs to change the title - WAY misleading

BUT I enjoyed the BMX dance off - how did I miss that movie growing up? Thought the dude was Scott Baio. "It's yer JOB to know!"
You had to have a mullet flowing in the wind in the 80s....