Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: To much Breno Hate
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:15 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:46 pm
Posts: 3067
Location: Florence, Italy
Zebulon Dak wrote:
Breno's the hitman. His job is to take the nasty to the next level. Strategically bend the rules. Preferably don't get caught, but it doesn't always work out that way. I'd bet money that's EXACTLY how Coach looks at it.


Do you have a source that backs up this claim? I think his job is to block people and not get boneheaded penalties. Wasn't there a stat on here a couple weeks back listing him as the 56th of 60 some RGs in the league? Seattle is #1 in pre-snap penalties and that dude is a huge part of it. Add on his post-whistle penalties it's unbearable.

However, Zebulon made a good point in that he became somewhat invisible penalty wise for a few games after getting benched.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: To much Breno Hate
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:20 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am
Posts: 2447
Zebulon Dak wrote:
I'd bet money that's EXACTLY how Coach looks at it.


Is that why Pete ran over to Breno after his latest bonehead penalty and yelled at him on the sidelines?.......and has constantly said that Breno needs to clean up his antics during press conferences?

If there's three things you can count on in life, it's death, taxes and Pete Carroll NOT being OK with dumb penalties by his offensive linemen, especially in the red zone.

_________________
If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: To much Breno Hate
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:27 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:03 pm
Posts: 445
Location: Mindianapolis, Idaho
Moffit is a pussy.

_________________
'The bevell is in the details.' -BFS


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: To much Breno Hate
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:44 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13441
Location: King In The North
No I don't have a source, it's what I think. I could be as wrong as Sturm is about the uniforms. Makes sense to me though.

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: To much Breno Hate
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:44 pm 
* NET GIF Master *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:48 am
Posts: 845
falcongoggles wrote:

Do you have a source that backs up this claim? I think his job is to block people and not get boneheaded penalties. Wasn't there a stat on here a couple weeks back listing him as the 56th of 60 some RGs in the league? Seattle is #1 in pre-snap penalties and that dude is a huge part of it. Add on his post-whistle penalties it's unbearable.

However, Zebulon made a good point in that he became somewhat invisible penalty wise for a few games after getting benched.


There are only 32 RG's in the league and Breno is a RT.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: To much Breno Hate
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:46 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:44 am
Posts: 2524
Location: Naples, FL
Zebulon Dak wrote:
No I don't have a source, it's what I think. I could be as wrong as Sturm is about the uniforms. Makes sense to me though.


LMFAO!

_________________
Wolf grey all day every day.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: To much Breno Hate
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:47 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:46 pm
Posts: 3067
Location: Florence, Italy
bigtrain21 wrote:
falcongoggles wrote:

Do you have a source that backs up this claim? I think his job is to block people and not get boneheaded penalties. Wasn't there a stat on here a couple weeks back listing him as the 56th of 60 some RGs in the league? Seattle is #1 in pre-snap penalties and that dude is a huge part of it. Add on his post-whistle penalties it's unbearable.

However, Zebulon made a good point in that he became somewhat invisible penalty wise for a few games after getting benched.


There are only 32 RG's in the league and Breno is a RT.


now multiply that by 2 and you get 60 some. I'm just going off of memory and the number was in the 60s. If someone could find that thread it would be great.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: To much Breno Hate
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:59 pm 
* NET Sports Handicapper *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:13 am
Posts: 1407
I didn't read all 3 pages - so if this has been said, I acknowledge my own laziness:

I think Breno is awesome. I love what he stands for. I think he is a core cog on this machine. He makes those around him better. His energy is contagious. Shore up the penalties and I think he's an All Pro. Definitely one of my favorite players on the team right now...

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: To much Breno Hate
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:01 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:49 am
Posts: 2037
AbsolutNET wrote:
SirTed wrote:
It's really frustrating seeing a bunch of you apparently hoping for choir boys around here.


Its even more frustrating when a bunch of guys don't actually think about what you say and just go with the most hyperbolic version of an opinion they can come up with.

When the play is over, I'd just like the guy to help Marshawn up and walk back to the huddle.


so he goes 1-2 seconds after a whistle because of sheer aggression and adrenaline. Your acting like after the whistle blows and accelerates and tries to hit more people. Hes a 300 lb man going full force because he has too against other big full forced men. Sometimes its a seconds after the whistle cause, well, you try and hit the breaks on your vehicle next time your speeding and see how long it takes to stop.

_________________
Time of possession is the most meaningless statistic in football. -RolandDeschain


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: To much Breno Hate
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:15 pm 
* NET X's & O's Guru *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
Posts: 8615
Location: PNW
Cartire wrote:
AbsolutNET wrote:
SirTed wrote:
It's really frustrating seeing a bunch of you apparently hoping for choir boys around here.


Its even more frustrating when a bunch of guys don't actually think about what you say and just go with the most hyperbolic version of an opinion they can come up with.

When the play is over, I'd just like the guy to help Marshawn up and walk back to the huddle.


so he goes 1-2 seconds after a whistle because of sheer aggression and adrenaline. Your acting like after the whistle blows and accelerates and tries to hit more people. Hes a 300 lb man going full force because he has too against other big full forced men. Sometimes its a seconds after the whistle cause, well, you try and hit the breaks on your vehicle next time your speeding and see how long it takes to stop.


21 other guys on the field manage to do it on a regular basis.

And lets not kid ourselves into thinking his personal fouls aren't because he loses his cool or decides to disregard the whistle.

My point is, that if we have SF at home and need points to win the division, his "sheer aggression and adrenaline" that puts on us in 3rd and long and out of field goal range in the 4th quarter won't be quite as acceptable.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: To much Breno Hate
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:17 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:55 pm
Posts: 2446
Location: Battle Ground, Wa
SirTed wrote:
I just don't understand people on this board sometimes.

As somebody said, this is the type of guy we've wanted on this team for years, especially when we had a bunch of soft ass o linemen who got pushed around. Offensive linemen have to be a nasty bunch. This guy takes penalties, but A LOT of the recent ones have had more to do with his reputation than the actual play. Yes, he has the rep. for a reason, but to me it's something you live with, assuming his play justifies a start.

Does no one consider that Marshawn's running style has caused A LOT of these late hit style penalties? I don't blame Lynch at all, but when you have a back that never quits, and has busted more than one improbable run after being locked up, YOU WANT your o-line to make those hustle plays to try and spring him, and Breno pushes that boundary, but I'd rather he did that than let our guy go down.

It's really frustrating seeing a bunch of you apparently hoping for choir boys around here. THAT'S the type of team that we had under Ruskell and personally, I don't EVER want to see a team like that again.

I'll take Brandon Browner's PI's and defensive holds over Kelly Jennings and Marcus Trufant. I'll take Breno's over aggressiveness over Locklear's complacency.


I agree 100%

_________________
http://personal-spectrum.com/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: To much Breno Hate
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:31 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:49 am
Posts: 2037
AbsolutNET wrote:
21 other guys on the field manage to do it on a regular basis.

And lets not kid ourselves into thinking his personal fouls aren't because he loses his cool or decides to disregard the whistle.

My point is, that if we have SF at home and need points to win the division, his "sheer aggression and adrenaline" that puts on us in 3rd and long and out of field goal range in the 4th quarter won't be quite as acceptable.


And lets not also kid ourselves and act likes it such a big deal. He has 2 Unnecessary roughness and 2 personal fouls for a total of 4 after the whistle penalties. Ill take 4 against him in 13 games for his edge. I think everyone here has blown his after the whistle penalties out of proportion.

All im saying is I truly believe his edge and fight have given us more of an advantage even with his penalties then having someone like locklear back

_________________
Time of possession is the most meaningless statistic in football. -RolandDeschain


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: To much Breno Hate
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:36 pm 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10044
Maybe we can also keep in mind this is his first full season starting. Browner got a full season under his belt, then reduced his penalties quite a bit.

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: To much Breno Hate
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:58 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:12 am
Posts: 761
He's starting to get real tick tacky calls against him because he has the reputation for being dirty. A reputation that he brought on himself. He shouldn't have been penalized on the play in the AZ game. He did absolutely nothing wrong. The whistle had not even blown yet.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.