Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Re: To much Breno Hate
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:15 pm 
NET Veteran

Zebulon Dak wrote:
Breno's the hitman. His job is to take the nasty to the next level. Strategically bend the rules. Preferably don't get caught, but it doesn't always work out that way. I'd bet money that's EXACTLY how Coach looks at it.

Do you have a source that backs up this claim? I think his job is to block people and not get boneheaded penalties. Wasn't there a stat on here a couple weeks back listing him as the 56th of 60 some RGs in the league? Seattle is #1 in pre-snap penalties and that dude is a huge part of it. Add on his post-whistle penalties it's unbearable.

However, Zebulon made a good point in that he became somewhat invisible penalty wise for a few games after getting benched.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:20 pm 
NET Veteran

Zebulon Dak wrote:
I'd bet money that's EXACTLY how Coach looks at it.

Is that why Pete ran over to Breno after his latest bonehead penalty and yelled at him on the sidelines?.......and has constantly said that Breno needs to clean up his antics during press conferences?

If there's three things you can count on in life, it's death, taxes and Pete Carroll NOT being OK with dumb penalties by his offensive linemen, especially in the red zone.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:27 pm 
NET Starter

Moffit is a pussy.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:44 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *

No I don't have a source, it's what I think. I could be as wrong as Sturm is about the uniforms. Makes sense to me though.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:44 pm 
* NET GIF Master *

falcongoggles wrote:

Do you have a source that backs up this claim? I think his job is to block people and not get boneheaded penalties. Wasn't there a stat on here a couple weeks back listing him as the 56th of 60 some RGs in the league? Seattle is #1 in pre-snap penalties and that dude is a huge part of it. Add on his post-whistle penalties it's unbearable.

However, Zebulon made a good point in that he became somewhat invisible penalty wise for a few games after getting benched.

There are only 32 RG's in the league and Breno is a RT.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:46 pm 
NET Veteran

Zebulon Dak wrote:
No I don't have a source, it's what I think. I could be as wrong as Sturm is about the uniforms. Makes sense to me though.

LMFAO!

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:47 pm 
NET Veteran

bigtrain21 wrote:
falcongoggles wrote:

There are only 32 RG's in the league and Breno is a RT.

now multiply that by 2 and you get 60 some. I'm just going off of memory and the number was in the 60s. If someone could find that thread it would be great.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:59 pm 
* NET Sports Handicapper *

I didn't read all 3 pages - so if this has been said, I acknowledge my own laziness:

I think Breno is awesome. I love what he stands for. I think he is a core cog on this machine. He makes those around him better. His energy is contagious. Shore up the penalties and I think he's an All Pro. Definitely one of my favorite players on the team right now...

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:01 pm 
NET Veteran

AbsolutNET wrote:
SirTed wrote:
It's really frustrating seeing a bunch of you apparently hoping for choir boys around here.

Its even more frustrating when a bunch of guys don't actually think about what you say and just go with the most hyperbolic version of an opinion they can come up with.

When the play is over, I'd just like the guy to help Marshawn up and walk back to the huddle.

so he goes 1-2 seconds after a whistle because of sheer aggression and adrenaline. Your acting like after the whistle blows and accelerates and tries to hit more people. Hes a 300 lb man going full force because he has too against other big full forced men. Sometimes its a seconds after the whistle cause, well, you try and hit the breaks on your vehicle next time your speeding and see how long it takes to stop.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:15 pm 
* NET X's & O's Guru *

Cartire wrote:
AbsolutNET wrote:
SirTed wrote:
It's really frustrating seeing a bunch of you apparently hoping for choir boys around here.

Its even more frustrating when a bunch of guys don't actually think about what you say and just go with the most hyperbolic version of an opinion they can come up with.

When the play is over, I'd just like the guy to help Marshawn up and walk back to the huddle.

so he goes 1-2 seconds after a whistle because of sheer aggression and adrenaline. Your acting like after the whistle blows and accelerates and tries to hit more people. Hes a 300 lb man going full force because he has too against other big full forced men. Sometimes its a seconds after the whistle cause, well, you try and hit the breaks on your vehicle next time your speeding and see how long it takes to stop.

21 other guys on the field manage to do it on a regular basis.

And lets not kid ourselves into thinking his personal fouls aren't because he loses his cool or decides to disregard the whistle.

My point is, that if we have SF at home and need points to win the division, his "sheer aggression and adrenaline" that puts on us in 3rd and long and out of field goal range in the 4th quarter won't be quite as acceptable.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:17 pm 
NET Veteran

SirTed wrote:
I just don't understand people on this board sometimes.

As somebody said, this is the type of guy we've wanted on this team for years, especially when we had a bunch of soft ass o linemen who got pushed around. Offensive linemen have to be a nasty bunch. This guy takes penalties, but A LOT of the recent ones have had more to do with his reputation than the actual play. Yes, he has the rep. for a reason, but to me it's something you live with, assuming his play justifies a start.

Does no one consider that Marshawn's running style has caused A LOT of these late hit style penalties? I don't blame Lynch at all, but when you have a back that never quits, and has busted more than one improbable run after being locked up, YOU WANT your o-line to make those hustle plays to try and spring him, and Breno pushes that boundary, but I'd rather he did that than let our guy go down.

It's really frustrating seeing a bunch of you apparently hoping for choir boys around here. THAT'S the type of team that we had under Ruskell and personally, I don't EVER want to see a team like that again.

I'll take Brandon Browner's PI's and defensive holds over Kelly Jennings and Marcus Trufant. I'll take Breno's over aggressiveness over Locklear's complacency.

I agree 100%

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:31 pm 
NET Veteran

AbsolutNET wrote:
21 other guys on the field manage to do it on a regular basis.

And lets not kid ourselves into thinking his personal fouls aren't because he loses his cool or decides to disregard the whistle.

My point is, that if we have SF at home and need points to win the division, his "sheer aggression and adrenaline" that puts on us in 3rd and long and out of field goal range in the 4th quarter won't be quite as acceptable.

And lets not also kid ourselves and act likes it such a big deal. He has 2 Unnecessary roughness and 2 personal fouls for a total of 4 after the whistle penalties. Ill take 4 against him in 13 games for his edge. I think everyone here has blown his after the whistle penalties out of proportion.

All im saying is I truly believe his edge and fight have given us more of an advantage even with his penalties then having someone like locklear back

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:36 pm 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*

Maybe we can also keep in mind this is his first full season starting. Browner got a full season under his belt, then reduced his penalties quite a bit.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:58 pm 
NET Veteran

He's starting to get real tick tacky calls against him because he has the reputation for being dirty. A reputation that he brought on himself. He shouldn't have been penalized on the play in the AZ game. He did absolutely nothing wrong. The whistle had not even blown yet.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]