Buffalo offensive line ailing

NYCoug

Reaction score
Scottemojo":28cm85wu said:
I disagree. We are top 10 in sacks, and have the exact same number as the Niners. We are behind a few teams that blitz a ton in sack totals, but our Defense is better than most of those. Blitzing more is a dangerous way to get pressure.
Sacks are an over rated stat. They matter, but not as much as you are saying.

I agree that sacks are over rated, but pressure is not in my opinion.

Too many times this season the pass rush has disappeared for long stretches throughout games. We've also failed to create pressure in key moments of games as well, which has hurt. If we could just force the QB into a few more hurried throws, we might see some more forced turnovers, which had been a problem til the Zona laugher.

You're right, blitzing is a dangerous way to try and generate pressure. However, I think in the Hawks case I think it plays to their strengths on defense. Just an opinion though.

Hawks46

Reaction score
No thanks to that kid from Wake Forest.

We already have a 6'4" 220lb rush LBer, hehe. That can't be right, he'd make Irvin look huge.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Hawks46":c3wvi57i said:
No thanks to that kid from Wake Forest.

We already have a 6'4" 220lb rush LBer, hehe. That can't be right, he'd make Irvin look huge.

I was kidding about the kid from Wake Forest. Never seen him play or even heard of him before I ran a quick google search. I love how he's ranked 999 out of 249 OLB's. Didn't want to mention he who shall not be named

I guess I swung for the fences and whiffed badly on that one haha

nwgamer

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised to see us blitz more as soon as we see Walter, Sherman, and Browner on the field at the same time.

:les:

falcongoggles

Reaction score
I'm waiting for us to actually feast on an "ailing" offensive line. Every time we are supposed to dominate we go invisible.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
falcongoggles":5rjdcbo4 said:
I'm waiting for us to actually feast on an "ailing" offensive line. Every time we are supposed to dominate we go invisible.

You conveniently overlooked the Packers game.

sam1313

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3lkenfzt said:
falcongoggles":3lkenfzt said:

Where we went invisible during the second half? :)

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
sam1313":1wqrt5pf said:
RolandDeschain":1wqrt5pf said:
falcongoggles":1wqrt5pf said:

Where we went invisible during the second half? :)

Hard to get to the QB when he's going "3-step drop throw quick and duck" mode for the entire 2nd half.