To much Breno Hate

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3q3x299h said:
I already told you the desired effect. It's like Kam hitting a guy hard when he comes across the middle. He may get flagged but that guy's gonna think about it for the rest of the game. I'm not saying it's best case scenario or anything, I'm just saying it's not necessarily all bad every time.

Hitting a guy over the middle is different than late hits or fighting after the whistle. Breno gets his penalties after the play, not during.

SirTed

Reaction score
I just don't understand people on this board sometimes.

As somebody said, this is the type of guy we've wanted on this team for years, especially when we had a bunch of soft ass o linemen who got pushed around. Offensive linemen have to be a nasty bunch. This guy takes penalties, but A LOT of the recent ones have had more to do with his reputation than the actual play. Yes, he has the rep. for a reason, but to me it's something you live with, assuming his play justifies a start.

Does no one consider that Marshawn's running style has caused A LOT of these late hit style penalties? I don't blame Lynch at all, but when you have a back that never quits, and has busted more than one improbable run after being locked up, YOU WANT your o-line to make those hustle plays to try and spring him, and Breno pushes that boundary, but I'd rather he did that than let our guy go down.

It's really frustrating seeing a bunch of you apparently hoping for choir boys around here. THAT'S the type of team that we had under Ruskell and personally, I don't EVER want to see a team like that again.

I'll take Brandon Browner's PI's and defensive holds over Kelly Jennings and Marcus Trufant. I'll take Breno's over aggressiveness over Locklear's complacency.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
SirTed":1q0m75fc said:
It's really frustrating seeing a bunch of you apparently hoping for choir boys around here.

Its even more frustrating when a bunch of guys don't actually think about what you say and just go with the most hyperbolic version of an opinion they can come up with.

When the play is over, I'd just like the guy to help Marshawn up and walk back to the huddle.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
AbsolutNET":2qo3b6ak said:
Zebulon Dak":2qo3b6ak said:
I already told you the desired effect. It's like Kam hitting a guy hard when he comes across the middle. He may get flagged but that guy's gonna think about it for the rest of the game. I'm not saying it's best case scenario or anything, I'm just saying it's not necessarily all bad every time.

Hitting a guy over the middle is different than late hits or fighting after the whistle. Breno gets his penalties after the play, not during.

It's not any different if they throw a flag.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
A lot of the time I feel like Breno gets screwed by the slow whistle of the refs. He is focused on his guy and blocking him and not looking at the ref and the whistle comes after the hit and yet he still gets a personal foul. When I was playing football we were always taught to play until the whistle blows.

hawker84

Reaction score
SirTed":3atqn3s8 said:

As somebody said, this is the type of guy we've wanted on this team for years, especially when we had a bunch of soft ass o linemen who got pushed around. Offensive linemen have to be a nasty bunch. This guy takes penalties, but A LOT of the recent ones have had more to do with his reputation than the actual play. Yes, he has the rep. for a reason, but to me it's something you live with, assuming his play justifies a start.

Does no one consider that Marshawn's running style has caused A LOT of these late hit style penalties? I don't blame Lynch at all, but when you have a back that never quits, and has busted more than one improbable run after being locked up, YOU WANT your o-line to make those hustle plays to try and spring him, and Breno pushes that boundary, but I'd rather he did that than let our guy go down.

It's really frustrating seeing a bunch of you apparently hoping for choir boys around here. THAT'S the type of team that we had under Ruskell and personally, I don't EVER want to see a team like that again.

I'll take Brandon Browner's PI's and defensive holds over Kelly Jennings and Marcus Trufant. I'll take Breno's over aggressiveness over Locklear's complacency.

i hear what you're saying and i disagree 100%.. nobody wants chior boys, but nobody wants players who can't control themselves either. his stupidity cost this team drives, i actually put some of the blame of our first losses on him and okung.. both of them killed countless drive after drive. okung has gotten better with it, breno still doing the same ole sh*t... and now he has the rep, so the ref's are paying more attention to him. gotta be smarter at the pro level

-The Glove-

Reaction score
SirTed":1yun8x1s said:

Ah yes...we don't like Breno's boneheaded penalties so we must want choir boys.

He hurt the team multiple times against AZ. Luckily it didn't matter much because we were whooping their asses. But against a good team...in a close game? Yeah, I bet you wouldn't like a 20 yd reception or a Beast Mode run to the 5 brought back 15 YDS.

And for someone as nasty as Breno, he sure gets pushed around a lot.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I love Breno. Sure, I want him to get no personal fouls, but he is way better than some of the passive linemen we had here just a couple of years ago.

I thought when Pete said that they can teach guys to dial it back a lot easier than they can teach aggression, that was rather telling. He was talking about Sweezy at the time, but the principle applies.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SirTed":1c6mwlgg said:

I don't understand some people on these boards not understanding constructive criticism, or being able to compartmentalize criticism........like it's an all or nothing thing.

EITHER YOU LOVE BRENO OR YOU DON'T OMG!!!!!! YOU MUST NOT BE A REALZ FAN!!!!

Breno costs this team precious yardage with stupid penalties, how hard is that to understand criticism of? We have four other offensive lineman that also play aggressive and nasty, stupid penalties don't seem to be a problem with them? Is Breno just THAT much nastier? Nope, he just has a harder time controlling his temper than everyone else.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Breno's the hitman. His job is to take the nasty to the next level. Strategically bend the rules. Preferably don't get caught, but it doesn't always work out that way. I'd bet money that's EXACTLY how Coach looks at it.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":yqq6oo3u said:
Breno's the hitman. His job is to take the nasty to the next level. Strategically bend the rules. Preferably don't get caught, but it doesn't always work out that way. I'd bet money that's EXACTLY how Coach looks at it.

Do you have a source that backs up this claim? I think his job is to block people and not get boneheaded penalties. Wasn't there a stat on here a couple weeks back listing him as the 56th of 60 some RGs in the league? Seattle is #1 in pre-snap penalties and that dude is a huge part of it. Add on his post-whistle penalties it's unbearable.

However, Zebulon made a good point in that he became somewhat invisible penalty wise for a few games after getting benched.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":29lba5wi said:
I'd bet money that's EXACTLY how Coach looks at it.

Is that why Pete ran over to Breno after his latest bonehead penalty and yelled at him on the sidelines?.......and has constantly said that Breno needs to clean up his antics during press conferences?

If there's three things you can count on in life, it's death, taxes and Pete Carroll NOT being OK with dumb penalties by his offensive linemen, especially in the red zone.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
No I don't have a source, it's what I think. I could be as wrong as Sturm is about the uniforms. Makes sense to me though.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
falcongoggles":2xycjj9s said:
Do you have a source that backs up this claim? I think his job is to block people and not get boneheaded penalties. Wasn't there a stat on here a couple weeks back listing him as the 56th of 60 some RGs in the league? Seattle is #1 in pre-snap penalties and that dude is a huge part of it. Add on his post-whistle penalties it's unbearable.

However, Zebulon made a good point in that he became somewhat invisible penalty wise for a few games after getting benched.

There are only 32 RG's in the league and Breno is a RT.

VHawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1wvq69jv said:
No I don't have a source, it's what I think. I could be as wrong as Sturm is about the uniforms. Makes sense to me though.

LMFAO!

falcongoggles

Reaction score
bigtrain21":2hlq9ej3 said:
falcongoggles":2hlq9ej3 said:

There are only 32 RG's in the league and Breno is a RT.

now multiply that by 2 and you get 60 some. I'm just going off of memory and the number was in the 60s. If someone could find that thread it would be great.

nsport

Reaction score
I didn't read all 3 pages - so if this has been said, I acknowledge my own laziness:

I think Breno is awesome. I love what he stands for. I think he is a core cog on this machine. He makes those around him better. His energy is contagious. Shore up the penalties and I think he's an All Pro. Definitely one of my favorite players on the team right now...

OP
OP
Cartire

Cartire

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":2t8v35dm said:
SirTed":2t8v35dm said:
It's really frustrating seeing a bunch of you apparently hoping for choir boys around here.

Its even more frustrating when a bunch of guys don't actually think about what you say and just go with the most hyperbolic version of an opinion they can come up with.

When the play is over, I'd just like the guy to help Marshawn up and walk back to the huddle.

so he goes 1-2 seconds after a whistle because of sheer aggression and adrenaline. Your acting like after the whistle blows and accelerates and tries to hit more people. Hes a 300 lb man going full force because he has too against other big full forced men. Sometimes its a seconds after the whistle cause, well, you try and hit the breaks on your vehicle next time your speeding and see how long it takes to stop.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Cartire":zeqq7snb said:
AbsolutNET":zeqq7snb said:
SirTed":zeqq7snb said:

so he goes 1-2 seconds after a whistle because of sheer aggression and adrenaline. Your acting like after the whistle blows and accelerates and tries to hit more people. Hes a 300 lb man going full force because he has too against other big full forced men. Sometimes its a seconds after the whistle cause, well, you try and hit the breaks on your vehicle next time your speeding and see how long it takes to stop.

21 other guys on the field manage to do it on a regular basis.

And lets not kid ourselves into thinking his personal fouls aren't because he loses his cool or decides to disregard the whistle.

My point is, that if we have SF at home and need points to win the division, his "sheer aggression and adrenaline" that puts on us in 3rd and long and out of field goal range in the 4th quarter won't be quite as acceptable.

Latest posts