To much Breno Hate

-The Glove-

Reaction score
He's a hothead that doesn't know when to stop. Even after PC benched him, he still hasn't learned. A lot of the times his hits are unnecessary (Lynch stopped dead in his tracks. Whistle blows. And he jumps on top of the pile). Not only that, on multiple occasions, I've seen him double team a DT that was blocked and let a guy run in free. Like the play when RW got blasted against AZ. He's the best we got right now, but I'm praying we find someone to replace him next season.

CPHawk

Reaction score
He's old school, and 20 years ago he wouldn't get flagged. I love the guy, he would beat anyone who hits Wilson to hard. I'll take a penalty now and then to have his nastinest on the team, protecting our franchise guy.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
CPHawk":2jxivm4a said:
He's old school, and 20 years ago he wouldn't get flagged. I love the guy, he would beat anyone who hits Wilson to hard. I'll take a penalty now and then to have his nastinest on the team, protecting our franchise guy.

So where was he "beating" that guy when he let the Dlineman straight through on our first drive and Wilson's head went bouncing off the ground?

Smoke

Reaction score
He is commiting last year Browner mistakes. He is going to learn how to be a civilized dirtbag next year.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
He went quite a few games, if memory serves, without the dumb penalties (after the benching, IIRC). Everybody was getting silly penalties in the Cardinals game. I don't think it's a big deal. Breno's the man.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
What "Breno Hate" are you referring to? I haven't seen it, other than about the stupid penalties, which you said pissed you off too.

hawker84

Reaction score
CPHawk":2f4mkgg2 said:

eh, you can have him, i'd like to see him replaced next season, go be a bone head and kill drives on somenes elses team.. and go to a couple anger management classes in the off season.. there's playing aggresive , then there's playing out of control..

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":33dq4xiv said:
sturg78":33dq4xiv said:
He has not had a lot of penalties lately and after watching the replay for Az, the excessive blocking foul he got was bad luck. He was ahead of Lynch when he started to make his block.
I'm re-watching the AZ game myself tonight and that play just played.

Breno was just a tad bit late on his block, wherein, with his arm extended, he pushed a player on his back as that player was going down to the ground. Had he stopped there, there would have been no penalty.

Instead, what he did was... he took another step and then piled on the guy's back driving his upper body and face into the turf.

The dude doesn't know when good... is good enuf!!

Simply, STUPID.

I saw the same thing and frankly, I kind of liked it. I just wish it was Dockett that he drove to the turf. I suppose I would have liked it less if the Hawks didn't score a TD following it.

I have seen/heard enough of Tim Ryan and his comment was "that isn't the first time Giacomini was caught cleaning up a pile around Lynch"

Then I realized it, Breno sees his hard working team mate being bullied while they try to bring him down and he is just defending his all-pro RB. Kind of like Lynch's bodyguard if you will. We all know that if Lynch was to have a body guard, being the nasty, hard ass pound your body into the pile RB he is, that the perfect Body guard would be Breno.

I just kind of like that we have a nasty guy on the line like that. If you watch Sweez in the game, he is kind of nasty on guys too. He just doesn't get caught as much.

Largent80

Reaction score
I agree with Loaf, his nastiness is what we have been clamoring for. Along with that nastiness are going to be penalties. They go hand in hand.

OP
OP
Cartire

Cartire

Reaction score
falcongoggles":33pwxh20 said:
CPHawk":33pwxh20 said:

So where was he "beating" that guy when he let the Dlineman straight through on our first drive and Wilson's head went bouncing off the ground?

I assume you are talking about the sack on the first SEA drive. It wasnt a D-Lineman, it was Groves, an OLB who was lineup on the TE and blitzed. It was a right side blitz which means Wilson is responsible for reading that. Wilson actually made the mistake here and took the hit. Brenos target was on the line, the line shifted left and breno with it.

Now it could be said that if Breno saw the blitz he would have picked it up, but because he was shifting left with the blitz coming off the right, he didnt even see it. Regardless, was not his fault at all.

All-22-
image.jpg

ivotuk

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":196t7qyv said:
sturg78":196t7qyv said:
He has not had a lot of penalties lately and after watching the replay for Az, the excessive blocking foul he got was bad luck. He was ahead of Lynch when he started to make his block.
I'm re-watching the AZ game myself tonight and that play just played.

Breno was just a tad bit late on his block, wherein, with his arm extended, he pushed a player on his back as that player was going down to the ground. Had he stopped there, there would have been no penalty.

Instead, what he did was... he took another step and then piled on the guy's back driving his upper body and face into the turf.

The dude doesn't know when good... is good enuf!!

Simply, STUPID.

Disagree. He's playing at game speed, and that looked like a tactic to piss off the defensive lineman. He got caught, but I think in most game situations he gets away with that and it's a good play. There are lots of plays like that, just before and after the whistle that have a negative effect on opposing players.

I love Breno for his attitude and the fact that I saw him maul Dockett and put him on the ground. DD is a monster DT and anytime anyone puts him on the ground it's a sight to behold.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":2t2q5bbt said:
I agree with Loaf, his nastiness is what we have been clamoring for. Along with that nastiness are going to be penalties. They go hand in hand.

I don't agree with this, you can be nasty without being stupid with the penalties.

Steve Hutchinson is the perfect example of how you want your offensive lineman to play. He broke the will of his opponents on a weekly basis, not by making each play about him with pushing, shoving and cheap shots after the whistle like Breno does. Hutch did it by mauling and out working the hell out of whoever he was across from for 60 minutes..........so that that defensive lineman knew by the end of the game who was the better player.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3pqe3o8f said:
Largent80":3pqe3o8f said:

I don't agree with this, you can be nasty without being stupid with the penalties.

Steve Hutchinson is the perfect example of how you want your offensive lineman to play. He broke the will of his opponents on a weekly basis, not by making each play about him with pushing, shoving and cheap shots after the whistle like Breno does. Hutch did it by mauling and out working the hell out of whoever he was across from for 60 minutes..........so that that defensive lineman knew by the end of the game who was the better player.
This.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
You guys see a lot of Hutches laying around? Be happy we have Breno and not Ashworth.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":366hb6ga said:
You guys see a lot of Hutches laying around? Be happy we have Breno and not Ashworth.

I'm not comparing the two talent wise, I was explaining the difference in how to play nasty the right way.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
It won't be as excusable in two weeks when he pushes his luck against SF and costs us points against a good team. I like having him, but 15 yard penalties really hurt in close games. Its not a "take the good with the bad" situation; personal fouls are completely avoidable.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
It's a gamble. He likes to get in people's heads and rough them up a bit. Sometimes he gets flagged, sometimes he doesn't. I'm ok with the occasional flag if it achieves the desired effect. Obviously it's a double edged sword but hey, we're 8-5 so we're doing ok, right?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2irjz3xw said:
I'm ok with the occasional flag if it achieves the desired effect.

What's the desired effect?

If you're known as a tough nasty player that plays within the confines of the rules, then it increases your value to the team. If you're known as a tough nasty player that likes to fight after the whistle and take cheap shots that cost your team valuable yardage with stupid penalties........then the effect is you get to look for a new job next year.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I already told you the desired effect. It's like Kam hitting a guy hard when he comes across the middle. He may get flagged but that guy's gonna think about it for the rest of the game. I'm not saying it's best case scenario or anything, I'm just saying it's not necessarily all bad every time.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3nbuu3zz said:
I already told you the desired effect. It's like Kam hitting a guy hard when he comes across the middle. He may get flagged but that guy's gonna think about it for the rest of the game. I'm not saying it's best case scenario or anything, I'm just saying it's not necessarily all bad every time.

I understand what you're saying, I just can't take the jump from detrimental to the team to being a positive.

That player isn't going to think about how nasty Breno is, he's going to think "how can I use Breno's short temper and penchant for getting personal foul penalties against him."

Breno reminds me of Incognito when he played for the Rams. Every time the Rams would come to town, we could count on Incognito to get 2-3 stupid penalties. Did our defensive players respect Incognito? Or even fear him? Nope, they'd just say he was an idiot that they knew would explode due to his temper and get a penalty.

Latest posts