Sherman suspension pushed back to next season

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • vin.couve12 wrote:BEHOLD!

This is fantastic!
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

• Interesting........lets see how it plays out for Sherm.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• any thoughts to the NFL.com article calling for a Seattle-GB matchup as #1 on christmas list? They probably realize we don't make it without Sherman (possibly) and thus want to make sure we make it into the playoffs giving us the "dream" re-match.

Thoughts
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran

• Zebulon Dak wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:If we ever needed the power of Tanzania it is NOW.

The 12th Land will provide.

The 12th land on the 12th day on the 12th....ehhh u get it
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• Evil_Shenanigans wrote:Umm shouldn't the title of this read appeal instead of suspension?

Yeah there is really no news here.
    suspension has not been pushed back till next season. Not even sure where the OP got that idea from the article.
    BUT, sure hope that this does happen!
    shayatin
    NET Bench Warmer

• sutz wrote:Let's not get ahead of ourselves, here. I see a lot of "ifs" and "coulds" in there. I'm hopeful this is good news, but I'll believe it when it happens.

:13:
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• Oh happy days!
    ParisPC07
    NET Starter

• CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:BEHOLD!

This is fantastic!

loved that movie as a kid.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

• Sports Hernia wrote:I think Rog is tired of getting sued by players.

What's a rog?
    zayden185
    NET Veteran

• Sprfunk wrote:
    makkapakka wrote:First off let me say that I'm as pumped and jacked about a good young Seahawks team as anyone.

That being said, maybe I'm way off but how many people here think Sherman has been falsely accused and has a legit appeal vs him and the 'Hawks working the system to stagger the suspensions. Browner seems to have accepted his guilt.

There is a reason why this stuff is banned. Have a google of 'Adderall dangerous side effects'. If some guys get away with it, then more guys will get away with it, and eventually virtually everyone in the league will have to keep up with the joneses. Worst though would be the pressure on up-and-coming-kids to keep up, most of whom will never see the NFL.

If he's guilty the thing to do man up about it. A public apology would be a good start (perhaps I missed it but I didn't hear one from Browner?). If he's guilty I think it's lame to work the appeal system and pretend otherwise.

The court system is screwed up anyway. It rewards Prosecuting Attorney's for getting fast results, and often times (IMHO its more often they we would like to admit) people take plea deals when innocent and plead guilty as to not risk getting the max penalty. Don't believe me? Look up Brian Banks.

I don't know what to think either way, but I don't need a public apology, and am not about to condemn anyone without being shown proof.

1. This isn't in the courts.
    2. This isn't a criminal matter. There is no prosecutor.
    3. This isn't at all similar in any way shape or form to what happened to Brian Banks.
    4. Google "Straw Man Argument"
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• jlwaters1 wrote:
    CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:BEHOLD!

This is fantastic!

loved that movie as a kid.

On December 21st,
    I heard Red Bull is going to get Cru Jones to do a back flip over a Mayan calendar.
    GET YOUR EAR PLUGS READY!!!
    DROPPIN' THE NOISE HAMMER AT THE SOUTH ALASKA INSANE ASYLUM
    TheHawkster
    * NET Bad Ass *

• MODS:

PLEASE edit the topic title as it's totally misleading.

I don't get ANYTHING from the linked article that indicates that either the appeal or the suspension is known to be pushed back to the 2013 season.

I haven't seen ANYTHING on any other media to suggest that the status has changed at all. We've known for a while now that Sherman has hired a lawyer, and that the December 14th date for the appeal will be moved back. We don't know ANYTHING about when that appeal will occur, and the timing of any possible suspension.

I'm really disappointed with the OP.
    BocciHawk
    NET Veteran

• According to Clayton, he could be suspended as early as this coming Tuesday, or as late as next year.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Very misleading title.
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran

• makkapakka wrote:That being said, maybe I'm way off but how many people here think Sherman has been falsely accused and has a legit appeal vs him and the 'Hawks working the system to stagger the suspensions. Browner seems to have accepted his guilt.

I don't think the team is behind this. I think these are decisions made by the individuals, in consultation with their agents and/or lawyers.

Since the players are unionized, I doubt that the team can try to lean on them to do anything outside of their own will. It's possible that they decided individually to do this for the good of the team, but that seems doubtful too. The value of their next contract, as well as other possibilities to market themselves, hangs in the balance over this stuff. They're probably going to put themselves first, and they should.
    MidwestHawker
    NET Veteran

• The team absolutely cannot have any real impact on the situation. They aren't even really supposed to discuss it with the player. I'm sure some informal talking happens, but it's entirely between the player and the NFL.
    BocciHawk
    NET Veteran

• BocciHawk wrote:The team absolutely cannot have any real impact on the situation. They aren't even really supposed to discuss it with the player. I'm sure some informal talking happens, but it's entirely between the player and the NFL.

Is this true? I'm not saying you are wrong, I could just be ignorant of this fact, but as I understand it, the team is not allowed to discuss this publicly. I also have heard that a team cannot punish a player in any way for being suspended for PED's, but I hadn't heard that they couldn't discuss it at all with them. Just curious if this is your take or if you got this from a reporter or some other source?
    :les:

kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Hawken-Dazs wrote:Very misleading title.

YEAH
    judgemint
    NET Bench Warmer

• Agree someone DEFINITELY needs to change the title - WAY misleading

BUT I enjoyed the BMX dance off - how did I miss that movie growing up? Thought the dude was Scott Baio. "It's yer JOB to know!"
    tdigitee
    NET Rookie

• Rad is one of the illest movies ever made...only thing that made this thread
    worthwhile.
    What's Next? What's Next? What's N-X-E-T...?"
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

• tdigitee wrote:Agree someone DEFINITELY needs to change the title - WAY misleading

BUT I enjoyed the BMX dance off - how did I miss that movie growing up? Thought the dude was Scott Baio. "It's yer JOB to know!"

You had to have a mullet flowing in the wind in the 80s....
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:02 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information