Walter Thurmond

MLTHawk

Reaction score
I thought I heard on the radio this morning that Walter Thurmond pulled his hamstring. I can't seem to find any links about it, or how severe.

If this is the case, I am worried about his longevity.

Basis4day

Reaction score
He was on the injury report as a limited participant. There is no such thing as a healthy football player this late in the season. He'll be fine. Lynch has been on the injury list all year.

Don't worry about midweek injury reports.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
MLTHawk":2keawiwl said:
I thought I heard on the radio this morning that Walter Thurmond pulled his hamstring. I can't seem to find any links about it, or how severe.

If this is the case, I am worried about his longevity.

Pete mentioned it in his press conference. Thurmond was limited, but still participated. I would be more concerned with injuries on Thurmond that were from the knee down. His hamstring is likely just from going practice speed to game speed in a short period.

Chapow

Reaction score
Basis4day":bqpzicyt said:
He was on the injury report as a limited participant. There is no such thing as a healthy football player this late in the season. He'll be fine. Lynch has been on the injury list all year.

Normally I would agree with you, but this is Thurmond we're talking about. I feel sorry for him, but he just can not be relied upon. The guy just can't stay healthy.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Chapow":1a3softm said:
Basis4day":1a3softm said:

Normally I would agree with you, but this is Thurmond we're talking about. I feel sorry for him, but he just can not be relied upon. The guy just can't stay healthy.

Yea, Lynch has proven to be able to play hurt. Thurmond has proven that he gets knocked out for long stretches with injuries. We should all be worried.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Basis4day":3bta230u said:
There is no such thing as a healthy football player this late in the season.

There's no such thing as a healthy Walter Thurmond, ever.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Thurmond is starting to look like DJ Hackett 2.0, very frustrating. Plenty of talent, but he is obviously the new Mr. Glass :(

kidhawk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":67vafvyb said:
Chapow":67vafvyb said:
Basis4day":67vafvyb said:

Yea, Lynch has proven to be able to play hurt. Thurmond has proven that he gets knocked out for long stretches with injuries. We should all be worried.

Worry about the players listed as "Did Not Participate" Limited participation means they are (at the time of practice) able to play, but they are being careful with them. If you follow the reports every week you will notice this pattern. Now, there is a chance he could go from Limited to Did Not (participate) on any given day, so if you really want to keep up, I recommend just following the teams daily injury reports which are listed here [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/team/injuries.html[/urltargetblank] every Wednesday, Thursday & Friday afternoon. Friday's being the most important one as it lists their official status as reported to the league. If a player is for sure OUT, it will be listed that day.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I suspect they are just cautious. This is the first whole game he played in a long time

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":5spxoobx said:
Chapow":5spxoobx said:
Basis4day":5spxoobx said:

Agreed. There is a direct correlation between broken legs, shredded knees, and hamstring soreness that doesn't keep you completely out of practice.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":lxfpxd37 said:
Thurmond is starting to look like DJ Hackett 2.0, very frustrating. Plenty of talent, but he is obviously the new Mr. Glass :(

So much dumb in this post.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Really? The guy has played 8 games in the last 2 seasons, and is always hurt. So my post is dumb because he's looking like another Mr. Glass? Um, ok. I said he's starting to LOOK LIKE the new Mr. Glass, not saying he is. Hopefully he'll beat the injury bug, but there are just some players that seem to be injured all the time, sucks but it's reality.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1dtxf3tj said:
MontanaHawk05":1dtxf3tj said:
He hasn't even missed the game yet, guys...

Nope, just 23 games in 2 1/2 years.
Which he's back from. Show ne one seahawk who has no injuries at this time of year and ill show you a liar.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
I love the doom and gloom around here every time a guy that was hurt at all ever in his life gets a hang nail... You guys are all awesome.

OP
OP
MLTHawk

MLTHawk

Reaction score
I'm probably just overly concerned because of the Browner suspension and the potential Sherman suspension. If Thurmond does in fact miss games during this time, it makes for a more serious topic.

Is he someone that we can rely on going forward? Definitely too early to speculate, just something I find myself worrying about.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":a91y1gdl said:
Really? The guy has played 8 games in the last 2 seasons, and is always hurt. So my post is dumb because he's looking like another Mr. Glass? Um, ok. I said he's starting to LOOK LIKE the new Mr. Glass, not saying he is. Hopefully he'll beat the injury bug, but there are just some players that seem to be injured all the time, sucks but it's reality.

When he stays healthy you will just move onto your next punching bag. It is the same thing as when people were all over Okung just a short time ago. If somebody is just looking for a reason to wring their hands then they will have no shortage of material. I just wish that they fretting crew would not jump so quickly from one irrationality to another.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":1ghh5p69 said:
SoulfishHawk":1ghh5p69 said:

When he stays healthy you will just move onto your next punching bag. It is the same thing as when people were all over Okung just a short time ago. If somebody is just looking for a reason to wring their hands then they will have no shortage of material. I just wish that they fretting crew would not jump so quickly from one irrationality to another.

.........and when he actually stays healthy, then you can criticize people for calling Thurmond brittle. But that time is not now.