Seahawks v Bills in Toronto - anyone else going?

JonRud

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":73bzpgyo said:
We all gotta try and exchange phone numbers so we can hook up in Toronto. My wife and I will be arriving on Friday.

I believe BestFightStory, MysterMatt, and theditch are arriving Friday as well.

JonRud & Mrs. JonRud arriving Friday as well.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Pretty sure I'll be there.

Taking a 10 hour bus from Manhattan to Toronto on Saturday after work, will be arriving in Toronto during the AM on Sunday. Would be awesome to meet up with everyone before the game though. Then, I'll be taking a midnight bus back to New York that night. Should be one hell of a trip! Just gotta make sure I can get my shift for Sunday covered and I'm Golden.

HawkRiderFan":277u4pf8 said:
If you are are thinking of going and havent got your tickets yet, I would make the trip and plan to get cheap ones outside the stadium.

Thanks for the heads up. This is the route I'm thinking that I'll go. I figured this would be the case.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
So I went to the Fox and Fiddle you guys were talking about last night. It seems a good spot for a meet up. Close to the stadium and probably wont be as crazy as some of the other places. Don't think it will exactly be empty though. And it's not the biggest place. So someone might want to get there early. Although I'm sure that won't be a problem. ;) Only thing is they don't exactly have the best beer selection on tap if you are like myself and enjoy darker beers. Then again, most bars in Toronto seem to be the same way. It's cool though. You can just drink Molson all day, eh?

JonRud

Reaction score
I'm gonna plan to stop by the Fox & Fiddle to say hi to everyone before the game. Don't know how long I'll stay as I want to check out the 'fan festival' and head into the Skydome early. This is my first [and probably only?] trip to the Skydome so I like to check out a new stadium I haven't been to.

Will plan to hit up the Loose Moose after the game to cheer on the Pats with the rest of the 12's.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
SeaTown81":27xtq4hb said:
So I went to the Fox and Fiddle you guys were talking about last night. It seems a good spot for a meet up. Close to the stadium and probably wont be as crazy as some of the other places. Don't think it will exactly be empty though. And it's not the biggest place. So someone might want to get there early. Although I'm sure that won't be a problem. ;) Only thing is they don't exactly have the best beer selection on tap if you are like myself and enjoy darker beers. Then again, most bars in Toronto seem to be the same way. It's cool though. You can just drink Molson all day, eh?

For a better selection of beer go to the Irish Embassy at Yonge & King, lots of darker beers, on tap.

mich83

Reaction score
The Radish":3qox9tg1 said:
Been to a couple of senior pro bowling tournaments in Toronto and the main language was French then. I doubt its much different now, perhaps because its so close to the US.

French is the official language of most of Eastern Canada.

:les:

ARE YOU FOR REAL? YOUR NOT CANDAIAN ARE YOU? I'm from Toronto a very english speaking city and eastern part of canada. If you want french goto Montreal or Quebec. You need todo more homework on canada cause you know nothing.

The Buffalo Bills, Rogers Centre and some Entertainment Coordinator are putting together a free tailgate party outside the rogers centre on game day. It's free. Dont known when it starts probably 11am(so i've heard, itill the gates open) I would be better if front street and the convention centre were involved.

And it really gets to me when people stereotype canada and they just assume. Just ike i assume that terrorists are attracted to america. Just to let all the americans know that you will not see any eskimos, polar bears or ingloos on the street.

kobebryant

Reaction score
I was there last week visiting my brother in law school. Real Sports is definately the spot.

You guys need to to tweet Cam Stewart as he's probably the biggest Hawks fan on TV and a hilarious dude that rolls in the same circle of friends as my bro.

Off topic, also went to Montreal for the very first time. 100x better than Toronto and possibly the best city ever.

zetes

Reaction score
mich83":233odogw said:
And it really gets to me when people stereotype canada and they just assume. Just ike i assume that terrorists are attracted to america. Just to let all the americans know that you will not see any eskimos, polar bears or ingloos on the street.

Dude, you need to chill a bit. He already admitted he was wrong about his "french assumption". There is nothing worse than an irate Canadian complaining about "how little americans know about us". Yes, I am born and bred in Toronto as well so I have no problem saying it. We are all Hawks fans and there a whole bunch of fans from this board (mostly from Seattle) traveling to Toronto to see the Hawks play which I think is pretty cool. I've been to Seattle years ago where I experienced great hospitality and I feel honoured to be hosting fellow Hawk fans in our great city. I think its our duty as Hawk fans (and humble Canadians) to try and return the favour with some hospitality of our own (even if they think we are all Eskimos who drink maple syrup ... on a side note it doesn't help when Edmonton's CFL team is called the Edmonton Eskimos). I look forward to meeting as many Hawk fans as possible and most of all a Hawk victory!

Go Hawks!

Cheers

Z.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
zetes":3bs2kice said:
mich83":3bs2kice said:

Dude, you need to chill a bit. He already admitted he was wrong about his "french assumption". There is nothing worse than an irate Canadian complaining about "how little americans know about us". Yes, I am born and bred in Toronto as well so I have no problem saying it. We are all Hawks fans and there a whole bunch of fans from this board (mostly from Seattle) traveling to Toronto to see the Hawks play which I think is pretty cool. I've been to Seattle years ago where I experienced great hospitality and I feel honoured to be hosting fellow Hawk fans in our great city. I think its our duty as Hawk fans (and humble Canadians) to try and return the favour with some hospitality of our own (even if they think we are all Eskimos who drink maple syrup ... on a side note it doesn't help when Edmonton's CFL team is called the Edmonton Eskimos). I look forward to meeting as many Hawk fans as possible and most of all a Hawk victory!

Go Hawks!

Cheers

Z.

Yes, also been to Seattle for games and me and my wife went to Temple Billards and were treated great by local hawk fans, and had a great time, I hope all coming from Seattle have the same great time in our city and hope to meet as many hawk fans and have drinks before the game. GO HAWKS!!

jayneseahawk

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Been a Hawk fan since 92 but just came across this forum. I'll be at this game with my wife (whose is originally from Tanzania) Hopefully that will help the Hawks feel like home, like it did when we went to Carolina earlier this year. Anyways we'll be at the Moose before the game but we may have to stop by afterwards too. Its always cool to meet new Hawk fans. Goooo Hawks!!

Jay

Snake Plisskin

Reaction score
zetes":3a8rzxpo said:
mich83":3a8rzxpo said:

Go Hawks!

Cheers

Z.

You DO call each other "hoser", don't you? I'd be disappointed if it wasn't true.

Bobanddoug1 zpsac619a8c

Canhawks

Reaction score
Toronto is a big town with lots to do,only NY,LA and Chicago are bigger in the States.While the football experience will not be near as good as home,u guys should have plenty of fun things to do.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Hey guys. Be easy on Pithy. I already set him straight a couple pages back. ;)

As for French speaking Canada, I'm in Montreal right now. Cool city. Now THIS is French Canada. Maybe Pithy's bowling tournaments were populated with mostly people from Quebec?

As for the bars for Sunday in Toronto. I have now visited all 3 I mentioned earlier. I say Fox and Fiddle's a good call for pre-game, and Loose Moose for post-game. The Moose will be a good place to watch the SF game.

Can't wait for game day. It's gonna be a hoot! Oh, and I ran into a random guy wearing a Hawks jacket in Ottawa yesterday. Complimented him on his attire, and he said he's going to the game. Too cool.

Rainger

Reaction score
The Radish":2ug4rze8 said:
Been to a couple of senior pro bowling tournaments in Toronto and the main language was French then. I doubt its much different now, perhaps because its so close to the US.

French is the official language of most of Eastern Canada.

:les:
Missing on this one Radish Ontario is English speaking it is Quebec that is French. There would be less than 16 percent French in Toronto. Maybe you got there during a French convention LOL.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Any idea what time you guys are going to show up to the Fox and Fiddle? How early y'all starting up? Trying to figure things out.

JonRud

Reaction score
Thinking fox and fiddle around noon? I brought my 12th man flag with me. Just arrived Toronto hotel.

Customs official asked why i am here. I said "to see the seahawks win". I was also wearing a Lynch jersey and hat.

Big D

Reaction score
First Post.

I'm a huge Seahawks fan and just recently discovered this site. I'm currently in Sudbury, Ontario which is about a 4 hour drive from Toronto. My co-worker and I have decided to drive down to Toronto tomorrow to catch the game. So it looks like everyone is going to meet up at the Fox and Fiddle??? I will plan on being there about noon. I will be wearing my Richard Sherman jersey.

See you all tomorrow. Go Hawks!

mich83

Reaction score
Z.[/quote]

You DO call each other "hoser", don't you? I'd be disappointed if it wasn't true.

Bobanddoug1 zpsac619a8c[/quote]

Sorry to disappoint we don;t say "hoser" maybe "eh".
'

NYTwelve

Reaction score
I'll be there! Should be arriving in Toronto in about 3 hours. Can't wait!