Sherman suspension pushed back to next season

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
makkapakka":1moihpol said:
The point of going to that extreme was to illustrate that there has to be a line to cross. But alright then, let me ask: if Browner & Sherman were 49ers, working the system to stagger the suspensions would be all good, no complaints? Also, no admission of wrong-doing necessary?

You don't know the circumstances as to why the case has been pushed back. In Shermans defense, he may have knowledge of why the results transpired the way they did, but he just needs time to collect the evidence. Browner seemingly acknowledged his wrong doing and accepted his penalty. Just because Browner was tagged for PED's, does not mean Sherman will as well.

Since you brought up the comparison to homicide earlier, do homicide suspects not get the opportunity to prove their innocence? Seems like your mind is made up. I would much rather postpone the hearing until the ones in question are able to gather their evidence, then to hold some one who may be innocent at fault because we wanted a outcome asap.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
So great for us if it does actually get pushed back. The final decision could go either way, but I was one of those guys who would rather risk missing games next year as opposed to this year.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
makkapakka":125bndgg said:
First off let me say that I'm as pumped and jacked about a good young Seahawks team as anyone.

That being said, maybe I'm way off but how many people here think Sherman has been falsely accused and has a legit appeal vs him and the 'Hawks working the system to stagger the suspensions. Browner seems to have accepted his guilt.

There is a reason why this stuff is banned. Have a google of 'Adderall dangerous side effects'. If some guys get away with it, then more guys will get away with it, and eventually virtually everyone in the league will have to keep up with the joneses. Worst though would be the pressure on up-and-coming-kids to keep up, most of whom will never see the NFL.

If he's guilty the thing to do man up about it. A public apology would be a good start (perhaps I missed it but I didn't hear one from Browner?). If he's guilty I think it's lame to work the appeal system and pretend otherwise.

The court system is screwed up anyway. It rewards Prosecuting Attorney's for getting fast results, and often times (IMHO its more often they we would like to admit) people take plea deals when innocent and plead guilty as to not risk getting the max penalty. Don't believe me? Look up Brian Banks.

I don't know what to think either way, but I don't need a public apology, and am not about to condemn anyone without being shown proof.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
makkapakka":3emvkvtm said:
If a key player committed murder and went to jail would you ask the same question? If no, where do you draw the line? Somewhere between dog fighting and steroids?

mj-laughing.gif

Makes sense.. I can totally see the correlation between Adderall and murder.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
any thoughts to the NFL.com article calling for a Seattle-GB matchup as #1 on christmas list? They probably realize we don't make it without Sherman (possibly) and thus want to make sure we make it into the playoffs giving us the "dream" re-match.

Thoughts

shayatin

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":y91u6x0u said:
Umm shouldn't the title of this read appeal instead of suspension?

Yeah there is really no news here.
suspension has not been pushed back till next season. Not even sure where the OP got that idea from the article.
BUT, sure hope that this does happen!

Basis4day

Reaction score
Sprfunk":37340w3d said:
makkapakka":37340w3d said:
First off let me say that I'm as pumped and jacked about a good young Seahawks team as anyone.

That being said, maybe I'm way off but how many people here think Sherman has been falsely accused and has a legit appeal vs him and the 'Hawks working the system to stagger the suspensions. Browner seems to have accepted his guilt.

There is a reason why this stuff is banned. Have a google of 'Adderall dangerous side effects'. If some guys get away with it, then more guys will get away with it, and eventually virtually everyone in the league will have to keep up with the joneses. Worst though would be the pressure on up-and-coming-kids to keep up, most of whom will never see the NFL.

If he's guilty the thing to do man up about it. A public apology would be a good start (perhaps I missed it but I didn't hear one from Browner?). If he's guilty I think it's lame to work the appeal system and pretend otherwise.

The court system is screwed up anyway. It rewards Prosecuting Attorney's for getting fast results, and often times (IMHO its more often they we would like to admit) people take plea deals when innocent and plead guilty as to not risk getting the max penalty. Don't believe me? Look up Brian Banks.

I don't know what to think either way, but I don't need a public apology, and am not about to condemn anyone without being shown proof.

1. This isn't in the courts.
2. This isn't a criminal matter. There is no prosecutor.
3. This isn't at all similar in any way shape or form to what happened to Brian Banks.
4. Google "Straw Man Argument"