Team needs.

ProckHawks

Reaction score
I know that everyone after a loss loves to play "GM" and has the pefect plan to fix the problem. What about after a blowout win? You're only as good as your weakest link. Did anyone see somthing from last sunday that might need to be tweated next offseason?

For me DE and DT is still a big key. WR too.

KitsapHawk

Reaction score
ProckHawks":1nh7ehid said:
I know that everyone after a loss loves to play "GM" and has the pefect plan to fix the problem. What about after a blowout win? You're only as good as your weakest link. Did anyone see somthing from last sunday that might need to be tweated next offseason?

For me DE and DT is still a big key. WR too.

I like our Wr's, do need a new interior lineman if Big Red 5 cant step it up.

hawker84

Reaction score
replace Breno, his stupid penalties are ridiculous at this point. i know he's good at times but enough is enough

kearly

Reaction score
I expect Seattle will have a "wide open" mentality in the first couple rounds this year. If you believe what John Schneider himself said after the draft, he was strongly considering safety Mark Barron as an option at #12 if he reached that pick- despite having two pro-bowl safeties already. That might sound crazy but really it shouldn't. If you truly believe in your bones that a player will be great for your team, he should be worth considering even if it means moving a good existing player to a new position (like Kam moving to big nickle safety or LB).

Without turning this into a draft post, IMO this doesn't look like a good year to take a 1st round DT, although there are some nice DE/LB options that could be in play. There is one WR and one TE I would love to see Seattle draft in round one- and I say that as someone that has always maintained that WR/TE were not needs for this team. I still don't think they are needs, but like the Mark Barron analogy, I don't care about need if it means getting a future pro-bowler.

So rather than pigeonholing O-line, D-line, or pass rush like Seattle has done in recent drafts, I think this year they will just draft players they really like. The only position I'd rule out completely in the first couple rounds is QB. I also have a hunch that O-line is at least somewhat unlikely, unless Giacomini is in the doghouse more than we know.

As far as free agency, I expect a very different year than last year. No big exciting moves will be likely when Seattle's current $13.5 million cap estimate likely won't even be enough to re-sign all of their existing free agents. I'd strongly prefer to keep both Jones and Branch, and if they did it would eat up most of their money in two in-house moves.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Like Kearly said, I'm not seeing huge holes, which puts our FO in a good position.

Areas of upgrade:

Interior OL, RT, WR (I think a top notch rookie would be an upgrade over everyone from Baldwin on down), 3 Tech DT, OLB (this probably is the closest thing we have to a hole....Hill's getting old and Smith might not be the answer) and that's about it.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
I know after at least one penalty Pete was definitely screaming "Come on Breno!" Depending on how well Cable likes the guys he's got I could see RT as a spot the look at late in the 1st.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
We drafted Carp as our RT of the future. We really should try that again. We are getting some great play out of our line even with everything considered. Cable is doing a good job playing the line to its strength and the opponents weakness.

Other than that, I think our FO has shown the past few seasons that they draft well and put the players in a position to be successful. I am starting to have confidence that they will take the best available each round for our team needs.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
RT, WR, LB. We find three serviceable guys to fill these needs, everything else is just gravy. It's great knowing that JS/PC have a bead on potential talent and as a result, we can truly pick and choose at this point.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
Wide receiver is our weakness... rice is good, tate is good but there is a significant drop in production outside those two.. could you imagine tate being the slot guy... would be better than welker..

Like someone else said, I don't see any glaring weakness... and its to early to tell right now... OH the water boys are VERY SLOW... and swapping out shermans water with adderal water is NOT acceptable

Scottemojo

Reaction score
We won't spend a high pick on a RT.

Early draft needs/wants. Another receiver to move Golden into the slot. A LB to replace Hill. A TE. More pass rush.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Need to solidify the O line, emphasis on health and smarts. Love you Giaco but the penalties have to end.
Need some fast, smart, receivers with Hands the size of a catchers mitt and a willingness to throw a body now and then.

Another 6'3"+ DB to replace Sherman for a while and Trufant for the long haul.

Need a kicker with a 60 yard leg.

That is all.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
I think it's a matter of printing out the current roster and looking at each player and position. From that list, which players need conpetition or outright replacement? I don't think the Hawks have any really huge needs this year.

To me, a rush DT is a fairly big need (first rounder=?) as well as replacements for Braylon at WR and Hill at LB are important and a TE upgrade of Moore & a RT upgrade of Breno would be nice. Beyond that, perhaps a DB or WR that can also return kicks could be an eventual replacement of Leon Washington. I suspect they may also want go with a cheaper alternative at the place kicker position. Backup players need to be constantly chalenged by draft picks and/or FA's in order to move into playing time situations and insure their overall development. So.... DT, WR, OLB, TE, RT, PK.