Sherman suspension pushed back to next season

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

• dangit almost got here in time! Good catch though :)
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• Uh, woot!
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• Nice....Me Likey, and every QB in the NFC is saying F***.
    Last edited by Largent80 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Awesome! Assuming it does happen next year, we will have Browner so the hit won't be as rough
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• I don't know much about defensive formations. With Thurmond looking awesome last year and in his first duty back, and now that we'll have Browner and Sherman for the playoffs, does this mean we could use Thurmond on slot receivers, the one weakness our pass defense seems to have?
    formido
    NET Starter

• Let's not get ahead of ourselves, here. I see a lot of "ifs" and "coulds" in there. I'm hopeful this is good news, but I'll believe it when it happens.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• This is EXACTLY what I think they were shooting for. This means that no matter what, we will have two very good starting CB's during the suspensions. Thurmond is just fine starting for either of them. This news just made me happier than the Cardinal butt kicking

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Let's not get ahead of ourselves, here. I see a lot of "ifs" and "coulds" in there. I'm hopeful this is good news, but I'll believe it when it happens.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• You had me for a minute. I was like "holy sh*t, Superbowl !"

This article doesn't say anything different. It says "the expectation is that it will be pushed back to next year"

I'm stoked, but nothing concrete yet.

So, now my question is, why didn't Browner go this route ? Hell we wouldn't have lost either CB !
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• :3-1: :229031_cheers: :229031_thewave: :229031_victory: :kool-aid:

EDIT: Ahh, its more like a "maybe". So it's more like :34853_tinfoil: :pray:
    Last edited by Mistashoesta on Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    San Fransisco. Still partying like it's 1981.
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

• This better be true.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Tentatively stoked.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• Hawks46 wrote:So, now my question is, why didn't Browner go this route ? Hell we wouldn't have lost either CB !

We do not know how much input our Front Office had on this decision.
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• If we ever needed the power of Tanzania it is NOW.
    R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Largent80 wrote:If we ever needed the power of Tanzania it is NOW.

The 12th Land will provide.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Horray for pimpin the system!!! You can do whatever you want!!! I'm not wearing pants anymore!
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

• Hii ni habari njema!

[that means 'This is great news' for those of you who didn't study Swahili in school]

Win Forever!
    JonRud
    NET Veteran

• WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

:fam:
    KitsapHawk
    NET Veteran

• Please, please, please be true!!!
    "I want to drink Ranier Beer out of a mug made from Jim harbaugh's hollowed out skull." CANHAWK
    sam1313
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• Eat that fourty whiner fans!
    I saw ya'll laughing and cheering in your forums!
    Cus I lurk, and ya'll lurking now too! hehehehe
    TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS!!!
    Hawk-A-Loogie
    NET Rookie

• Pumpkin:

Oh I agree, Browner dropping that appeal had the FO's hands all over it. Browner really has to trust them to do that for them. I wonder if informal contract extension talks have already commenced ?
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• I sure hope this is how it works out.
    bluengreen
    NET Veteran

• Should probably put a 'SPECULATION:' disclaimer in the title here.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• First off let me say that I'm as pumped and jacked about a good young Seahawks team as anyone.

That being said, maybe I'm way off but how many people here think Sherman has been falsely accused and has a legit appeal vs him and the 'Hawks working the system to stagger the suspensions. Browner seems to have accepted his guilt.

There is a reason why this stuff is banned. Have a google of 'Adderall dangerous side effects'. If some guys get away with it, then more guys will get away with it, and eventually virtually everyone in the league will have to keep up with the joneses. Worst though would be the pressure on up-and-coming-kids to keep up, most of whom will never see the NFL.

If he's guilty the thing to do man up about it. A public apology would be a good start (perhaps I missed it but I didn't hear one from Browner?). If he's guilty I think it's lame to work the appeal system and pretend otherwise.
    makkapakka
    NET Practice Squad

• this is huge if true
    World champs

russell wilson was born 5ft 10"
    hawksincebirth
    NET Rookie

• makkapakka wrote:First off let me say that I'm as pumped and jacked about a good young Seahawks team as anyone.

That being said, maybe I'm way off but how many people here think Sherman has been falsely accused and has a legit appeal vs him and the 'Hawks working the system to stagger the suspensions. Browner seems to have accepted his guilt.

There is a reason why this stuff is banned. Have a google of 'Adderall dangerous side effects'. If some guys get away with it, then more guys will get away with it, and eventually virtually everyone in the league will have to keep up with the joneses. Worst though would be the pressure on up-and-coming-kids to keep up, most of whom will never see the NFL.

If he's guilty the thing to do man up about it. A public apology would be a good start (perhaps I missed it but I didn't hear one from Browner?). If he's guilty I think it's lame to work the appeal system and pretend otherwise.

I just want him on the field. I don't want him to cheat but what's done is done.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Zebulon Dak wrote:
    I just want him on the field. I don't want him to cheat but what's done is done.

Principled. What would you think if he were a 49er?
    makkapakka
    NET Practice Squad

• So he's still All-NFL 1st team/Pro bowl eligible?
    20% off Karmaloop & 10% off PLNDR, rep code: DUCK20
    dontbelikethat
    NET Veteran

• makkapakka wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:

Principled. What would you think if he were a 49er?

If Richard Sherman were a 49er I'd want him as far away from the field as possible.

I don't believe Richard Sherman is a cheater. If he made a mistake then that's what it is. But I don't know him as a person so who knows.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Zebulon Dak wrote:If he made a mistake then that's what it is. But I don't know him as a person so who knows.

If he made a legit mistake fine, I think he should own up to it. Not make up contradictory excuses.
    makkapakka
    NET Practice Squad

• Zebulon Dak wrote:I don't believe Richard Sherman is a cheater. If he made a mistake then that's what it is. But I don't know him as a person so who knows.

He doesn't look like a donut thief to me! ;)
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• makkapakka wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:If he made a mistake then that's what it is. But I don't know him as a person so who knows.

If he made a legit mistake fine, I think he should own up to it. Not make up contradictory excuses.

I have absolutely no problem with them, from within the rules, using the system and the process to their best advantage. It's not my fault, as a paying fan, a customer, that this happened. Why should I be made to suffer for it? I want Richard Sherman on the field, especially as we make our push into the post season.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Zebulon Dak wrote:Why should I be made to suffer for it?

If a key player committed murder and went to jail would you ask the same question? If no, where do you draw the line? Somewhere between dog fighting and steroids?
    makkapakka
    NET Practice Squad

• makkapakka wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:Why should I be made to suffer for it?

If a key player committed murder and went to jail would you ask the same question? If no, where do you draw the line? Somewhere between dog fighting and steroids?

Let's not be silly. If he tested positive for Adderall and is going to be suspended for 4 games but has the ability to push that suspension to next season then I'm all for it. And if he didn't take Addreall then he has every right to try to prove his case.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• makkapakka wrote:

The good old Murder comparison :roll: were talking prescription drug here people not Murder, DUI, Sexual Assault.
    GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!
    Wiseguy
    NET Rookie

• Wiseguy wrote:
    makkapakka wrote:

The good old Murder comparison :roll: were talking prescription drug here people not Murder, DUI, Sexual Assault.

The point of going to that extreme was to illustrate that there has to be a line to cross. But alright then, let me ask: if Browner & Sherman were 49ers, working the system to stagger the suspensions would be all good, no complaints? Also, no admission of wrong-doing necessary?
    makkapakka
    NET Practice Squad

• makkapakka wrote:The point of going to that extreme was to illustrate that there has to be a line to cross. But alright then, let me ask: if Browner & Sherman were 49ers, working the system to stagger the suspensions would be all good, no complaints? Also, no admission of wrong-doing necessary?

If they were 49ers I'd probably hate them. If there was the possibility that we wouldn't have to play against them I'd be all for it.

Guys get suspended and appeal suspensions all the time. Never once has how I felt about it mattered.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Leonard Little killed a lady. Ray Lewis killed a dude. I never expected Rams or Ravens fans to be mad about the fact that they were still able to play.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Umm shouldn't the title of this read appeal instead of suspension?
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

• makkapakka wrote:
    The point of going to that extreme was to illustrate that there has to be a line to cross. But alright then, let me ask: if Browner & Sherman were 49ers, working the system to stagger the suspensions would be all good, no complaints? Also, no admission of wrong-doing necessary?

You don't know the circumstances as to why the case has been pushed back. In Shermans defense, he may have knowledge of why the results transpired the way they did, but he just needs time to collect the evidence. Browner seemingly acknowledged his wrong doing and accepted his penalty. Just because Browner was tagged for PED's, does not mean Sherman will as well.

Since you brought up the comparison to homicide earlier, do homicide suspects not get the opportunity to prove their innocence? Seems like your mind is made up. I would much rather postpone the hearing until the ones in question are able to gather their evidence, then to hold some one who may be innocent at fault because we wanted a outcome asap.
    San Fransisco. Still partying like it's 1981.
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

• So great for us if it does actually get pushed back. The final decision could go either way, but I was one of those guys who would rather risk missing games next year as opposed to this year.
    Tall men come down to my height when I hit 'em in the body.

Jack Dempsey
    Fuzzman55
    NET Veteran

• makkapakka wrote:First off let me say that I'm as pumped and jacked about a good young Seahawks team as anyone.

The court system is screwed up anyway. It rewards Prosecuting Attorney's for getting fast results, and often times (IMHO its more often they we would like to admit) people take plea deals when innocent and plead guilty as to not risk getting the max penalty. Don't believe me? Look up Brian Banks.

I don't know what to think either way, but I don't need a public apology, and am not about to condemn anyone without being shown proof.
    "When is the NFL going to start fining receivers for running routes across KAM’S MIDDLE?!?!"
    -bpup33
    Sprfunk
    NET Veteran

• makkapakka wrote:If a key player committed murder and went to jail would you ask the same question? If no, where do you draw the line? Somewhere between dog fighting and steroids?

Makes sense.. I can totally see the correlation between Adderall and murder.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• CurryStopstheRuns wrote:Rad

BMX DANCE OFF!
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

• Won't this mess up Pete's 4 year plan starting out next year short handed?
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Tech Worlds wrote:Won't this mess up Pete's 4 year plan starting out next year short handed?

Think there might be a leap year involved or something.....
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

• BEHOLD!

vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

• I think Rog is tired of getting sued by players.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Next

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:06 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information