This article brings up a good point

bellingerga

Reaction score
Not a ton of talk about Bobby Wagner in the main forum this year for how good he's been. Here's an article that makes a case for him being Defensive rookie of the year. I think he has a legitimate shot. He's been absolutely fantastic for the role he was thrust into and with all the responsibilities he's been given.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...ng-adrian-peterson-andrew-luck-deserve-awards

For what its worth, should probably take everything he says in the article with a grain of salt as he has Luck as rookie of the year over RG3 and Russ. In my not so humble opinion the only two that should be in the discussion are RG3 and Russ, but it's not like he snubbed him completely. Just basically said its a toss up between the three.

Cartire

Reaction score
I think hes been amazing against the run and blitzing.

However, I still see him making a lot of mistakes when in the zone coverage. I give it to him just because of the immense responsibility of the role hes playing.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Wagner has been getting better. He made a lot of mistakes early in the season, but he is starting to really turn into a great MLB.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Cartire":29wke0ro said:

However, I still see him making a lot of mistakes when in the zone coverage. I give it to him just because of the immense responsibility of the role hes playing.

As a general rule, linebackers kinda suck in coverage. He will get better but it's safe to say that we shouldn't ever expect him to be a blanket for receivers and TEs.

Waterhawk1

Reaction score
I believe there are three additional rookie linebackers that are having a great year as well. It will be close, if we make the playoffs and do well he could leap
frog them.

Cartire

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":1og1vy5h said:
Cartire":1og1vy5h said:

As a general rule, linebackers kinda suck in coverage. He will get better but it's safe to say that we shouldn't ever expect him to be a blanket for receivers and TEs.

Yea, but i think I just got spoiled with Tutupu's ability to read in the zone. I wish his knees didnt give out on him so early.

I guess I want Tutupus knowledge and instinct with Wagners athletic abilities.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Cartire":2qduq6b6 said:
SmokinHawk":2qduq6b6 said:
Cartire":2qduq6b6 said:

Yea, but i think I just got spoiled with Tutupu's ability to read in the zone. I wish his knees didnt give out on him so early.

I guess I want Tutupus knowledge and instinct with Wagners athletic abilities.
Yeah. Dave Wyman was saying on the radio that if Lofa's head had Curry's body he would've been unstoppable. Dude understood the game so well.

KK84

Reaction score
Waterhawk1":xeamloj1 said:
I believe there are three additional rookie linebackers that are having a great year as well. It will be close, if we make the playoffs and do well he could leap
frog them.

I think it comes down to Wagner, Luke Kuechly, or Harrison Smith.

Unless Bruce rips off 8 sacks in the last 3 games. I could live with that :D