Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Seahawks v Bills in Toronto - anyone else going?
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:05 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

Super excited to be going to Toronto and seeing the Hawks. Anyone else making the trek from Seattle?

Post subject: Re: Seahawks v Bills in Toronto - anyone else going?
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:06 pm 
NET Veteran

I will be going.

a trash-talking, dreadlocked Baryshnikov suspended
impossibly above the turf – pro football's paean to
wanton human destruction slips into the sublime.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:19 pm 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Pretty sure Dom and BFS are going to be there, and I'll be there spirit from my room :)

Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:48 pm 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *

Yes. Check our thread a ways down the page. Let's all try and hook up when we are there.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:57 pm 
NET Veteran

This PR stunt is gonna backfire on the bills so cold. Canadians and alaskans are traditionally big seahawks fans aren't they?

Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:01 pm 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *

Seeker wrote:
This PR stunt is gonna backfire on the bills so cold. Canadians and alaskans are traditionally big seahawks fans aren't they?

Lol. Do you even know where Toronto is located?

Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:10 pm 
NET Veteran

It's in North-South canadia right? Next to Vancouver and Montreal?

:sarcasm_off:

Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:20 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

Seeker wrote:

this is true we get more seahawk games up here cause are providers i think find it a cheaper product to buy then the big market games. well other then the bills so yes there are alot of seahawk games up here a year.

Mike Bullene ‏@12thManM1ke 45m
@TDESPN Though, you did say the other night you cannot win the SB riding a defense. Even though you are literally the poster child for that. --twittered back at dilfer after he tried to slam hawks fans.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:23 pm 
NET Practice Squad

Will be there as well, is anyone planning a tailgate, or is there a fan zone that we could meet up at

Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:31 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

First post.

I'm going. I recommend the Fox and Fiddle, a block west of the Rogers Centre on Fort York Blvd. (south side of the stadium) for the early games. Good food, typical crappy Toronto beers and maybe some live guitar music. Best collection of TV screens in a small bar in Toronto. This was my Grey Cup HQ last week and I got to know the owner/manager, so I can get folks in if there is a line-up.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:07 pm 
* NET Radish *

Tech Worlds wrote:
Seeker wrote:

Yep,,,just north and a bit east of Buffalo. French speaking tho. That won't bother Dom, you can't understand what he says in english.

:les:

Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:51 pm 
NET Veteran

I was gonna go until I learned that for where I want to sit and stay for the evening with 3 people costs what it would for a week in Disney! I live 3 hours away, It is not the vacation I had planned. Screw it. TV, Best seat in the house!

Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:01 pm 
NET Veteran

The Radish wrote:
Tech Worlds wrote:
Seeker wrote:

Yep,,,just north and a bit east of Buffalo. French speaking tho. That won't bother Dom, you can't understand what he says in english.

It is certainly not French speaking and there about 50 Seahawk fans in the city. I suppose it is a bit like L.A. in that you have team fans from every team. I know fans of the Cowboys, Steelers, Packers, Vikings, Patriots, 49ers and Bills. The first three are the big ones in this city though - with the Bills but there aren't that many Bills fans in the city - mostly from the hinterlands.

a trash-talking, dreadlocked Baryshnikov suspended
impossibly above the turf – pro football's paean to
wanton human destruction slips into the sublime.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:10 am 
NET Veteran

I am going. We all need to meet up before the game....and more importantly, after we win we need to 'reconvene' somewhere to watch the Patriots beat down the 49ers in the night game!!!

Win Forever!

Post Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:25 am 
NET Bench Warmer

Seeker wrote:

Here is the results of a cross Canada poll of the Sun newspaper chains on which NFL teams are the most popular in Canada. Without a doubt the Hawks are huge in B.C and Alberta.

http://canada.nfl.com/2012/11/28/canada ... nfl-teams/

Post Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:58 am 
NET Bench Warmer

Sweet! I like the sound of that Fox and Fiddle joint -- I'm going to be doing some research for food/drink places this week I'll let you know if I find any other locales.

Slightly OT: Anybody been to Montreal? I'm going to be spending a few days there before arriving in Toronto and would welcome some thoughts on where to eat/drink and what to see. East-Canada Tour 2012!

Post Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:22 am 
* NET Radish *

Been to a couple of senior pro bowling tournaments in Toronto and the main language was French then. I doubt its much different now, perhaps because its so close to the US.

French is the official language of most of Eastern Canada.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:23 am 
NET Starter

Since I found I'm eligible to enter Canada again, I have been thinking about it, but the wife's bd/our anniversary is the next day. She says go without her, which sounds like a trap game.

Since she has seen RW play in Raleigh most home games 3 seasons with my mother in law I am somewhat confused. Next time I will marry her on my birthday!

Post Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:00 am 
NET Practice Squad

JYoung_Blue22 wrote:
Sweet! I like the sound of that Fox and Fiddle joint -- I'm going to be doing some research for food/drink places this week I'll let you know if I find any other locales.

Slightly OT: Anybody been to Montreal? I'm going to be spending a few days there before arriving in Toronto and would welcome some thoughts on where to eat/drink and what to see. East-Canada Tour 2012!

I Live in Montreal, so let me know what kind of food you like and i'll give you a heads up on what is good. Keep in mind that Montreal is generally a Hockey town, and with the NHL Locked-out, the usual buzz around the city is somewhat dimmed out, but the nightlife is great, especially if you're a bachlor.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:10 am 
NET Veteran

The Radish wrote:
Been to a couple of senior pro bowling tournaments in Toronto and the main language was French then. I doubt its much different now, perhaps because its so close to the US.

Totally wrong on this one, Ontario is English first, always has been.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:12 am 
NET Veteran

BeerHawker wrote:
First post.

I'm going. I recommend the Fox and Fiddle, a block west of the Rogers Centre on Fort York Blvd. (south side of the stadium) for the early games. Good food, typical crappy Toronto beers and maybe some live guitar music. Best collection of TV screens in a small bar in Toronto. This was my Grey Cup HQ last week and I got to know the owner/manager, so I can get folks in if there is a line-up.

I will be going, Fox and Fiddle sounds good.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:47 am 
* NET Radish *

TorontoHawk wrote:
The Radish wrote:

Got me curious so looked at wikipedia. According to 3 seperate listings of theirs English is the language of just over 50% of Toronto.

And amazingly enough they are considered on of the most diverse language citys on the planet.

So even an old duffer like me can learn things. lol And I wasn't completely wrong.

Les

Post Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:30 pm 
NET Veteran

The Radish wrote:
TorontoHawk wrote:
The Radish wrote:

Got me curious so looked at wikipedia. According to 3 seperate listings of theirs English is the language of just over 50% of Toronto.

And amazingly enough they are considered on of the most diverse language citys on the planet.

So even an old duffer like me can learn things. lol And I wasn't completely wrong.

True!! It is a great city with so many different people and culture.
Les

Post Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:05 pm 
* NET Alumni *

Sorry Les. You are wrong. I have been to Toronto. Was there for 4 days. And not once did I encounter people speaking French. NOT ONCE. Yes, many people speak French along with English, a lot more than out west in BC. But it's not like Quebec. Maybe you went to Montreal???? :P

Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:58 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

Is this the Fox and Fiddle location we are talking about? Looks closest to the stadium...

Fox and Fiddle
27 Wellesley Street East, Toronto, ON M4Y 1G7, Canada
http://wellesleyfox.com/

Unfortunately my wife and I will be hanging with her cousin and his wife who are Bills fans, but it's their season tickets that are getting us into the game :)

Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:05 pm 
NET Veteran

I would go but tickets to Toronto are $700 from Calgary right now.. If they were $400 I would definitely do it.

"We all we got, we all we need"

Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:56 pm 
NET Veteran

I'm thinking about it, and I'll probably end up going to this one.

Obviously I'm a diehard Seahawks fan but I'm also a diehard Blue Jays fan. Go figure, I live in New York City. It sucks. I'm broke as balls right now but I'm thinking about taking the bus from NYC to Toronto on Saturday, getting there Sunday, watching the game and partying afterwards for a bit and then taking the bus back home. It's a 20 hour trip, but I feel like this game was made for me to be there. I have to be there. Screw it, I'll just start a kickstarter... :pukeface:

Edit: What a moron, I forgot to mention that the whole reason I'd be going is because I'll never get to see the Seahawks play on the Blue Jays field again... probably. Once in a lifetime, gotta get it done.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:24 am 
NET Rookie

SeaTown81 wrote:
Sorry Les. You are wrong. I have been to Toronto. Was there for 4 days. And not once did I encounter people speaking French. NOT ONCE. Yes, many people speak French along with English, a lot more than out west in BC. But it's not like Quebec. Maybe you went to Montreal???? :P

The best chance you have of hearing French in Toronto is if you go to a French restaurant. Maybe it was because he was at a "bowling" event. Toronto doesn't really do bowling.

Z.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:33 am 
NET Rookie

JYoung_Blue22 wrote:
Is this the Fox and Fiddle location we are talking about? Looks closest to the stadium...

Fox and Fiddle
27 Wellesley Street East, Toronto, ON M4Y 1G7, Canada
http://wellesleyfox.com/

Unfortunately my wife and I will be hanging with her cousin and his wife who are Bills fans, but it's their season tickets that are getting us into the game :)

No, that fox and fiddle is far away from stadium. The one we are gathering at is 17 Fort York Boulevard which is a couple minute walk from the stadium. It is "slightly" hidden so it will be a great spot to gather since the ones on Front street (main street of stadium) will probably be pretty full. There is a twitter account I've created to spread the work of the gathering - www.twitter.com/HawksFanToronto to get the word out

For those coming in from other parts -- there is a planned "street festival" planned where basically you can buy expensive beer and walk around (the "walking" around part is new here legally) from the official organizing group (BillsInToronto) but most likely it will be pretty cold so not sure how "fun" it will be. There are also lots of bars on front street which I'm sure will be busy. There is the massive "real sports grill" bar but you probably won't get in without reservation. There is also a Raptors game that starts at 1pm same day which is walking distance to football game.

Go Hawks!

Z.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:01 am 
NET Bench Warmer

The Fox and Fiddle gets a brunch crowd who come for the fried French toast (outstanding grease delivery system). They don't all stay for football, so tables free up at 1 PM, which is very convenient for football fans. (Brunch menu is available until 2 PM) There should be plenty of room for the early game, and we can get the GM/owner Adam to let us in after the game for the Whiner game afterwards if you all like it. if I have an idea of #'s who might be there for the early game, I'll call and let Adam know what our seating needs are and snag some tables where we can watch all the early games.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:06 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*

Sadly, I have only gotten one thing out of this thread.

Radish is either a pro bowler or he travelled to Canada just to watch bowling.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:00 pm 
NET Starter

I was just in Toronto for work this week and last week for the Grey Cup (CFL championship). You guys will be disappointed in that there will be nothing like the tailgating you are used to. Thank the lack of decent lots and our Canadian drinking laws for that one. I am sure there will be some festivals etc set up though. Rogers Centre is very close to a street called Front Street where there are a few decent pubs etc. Want to a place called the Loose Moose which was pretty good, and about a 10 min walk to the stadium.

This whole Buffalo Bills thing in Toronto has been a failed experiment. If you are are thinking of going and havent got your tickets yet, I would make the trip and plan to get cheap ones outside the stadium. If only the conference I was just at was two weeks later. I could have flown out on the company dime and attended the game. Interesting that the store at the stadium was selling Seahawk gear along with Bills gear.

Jon Ryan grew up in the same part of the country I did but it would be pretty expensive to think a lot of his friends and family will make the trip.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:37 pm 
* NET Alumni *

I'm already in Toronto. Hanging out with some friends for the week.

We are going to Real Sports Bar before the game. It's right next to the stadium and has a two story tv and over 200 tvs. Safe to say all the early games will be on.

I hear it will be very crowded. So maybe you guys are good with the Fox and the Fiddle if you want something sane.

After the game we are going to the Loose Moose. It too is near the stadium.

I googled "Toronto Sports Bars" and both came up on this "best of" feature, listed for the stadium district.

http://www.thegridto.com/city/sports/to ... ars/#pager

If you guys do the Fox and Fiddle before game, you should come by the Loose Moose after. Depending on time, I might also try to swing by the Fox if you guys end up there.

For anyone wanting directions. I made a map showing the Rogers Centre and the 3 bars I mentioned. You can click on the blips for info for the places.

https://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?msid=205 ... 89,0.01929

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:27 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

since i lives 15 mins from downtown T O count me in just got the big thumbs up from the wife. so just let me know meeting time and im there also anybody here were they might be practicing would like to drop by there if we are allowed.

Mike Bullene ‏@12thManM1ke 45m
@TDESPN Though, you did say the other night you cannot win the SB riding a defense. Even though you are literally the poster child for that. --twittered back at dilfer after he tried to slam hawks fans.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:11 pm 
NET Veteran

Im thinking of calling in sick and heading down if I can find a cheap ticket. I'll try to drag Nanomoz there, but he still may be in school. Hopefully we can all get together, what SUUCKS is the cell phone data prices. Make sure you are in a hotel with wifi so I can at least pm you guys. I'm in Canada quite often and I never use my phone due to the cost.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:22 pm 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *

We all gotta try and exchange phone numbers so we can hook up in Toronto. My wife and I will be arriving on Friday.

I believe BestFightStory, MysterMatt, and theditch are arriving Friday as well.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:10 pm 
NET Starter

I stay in Toronto and bought my ticket today ....super excited to finally see my Seahawks live is a under statement !

Follow me on Twitter: @NFL_Hawk

Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:31 am 
NET Veteran

I am in, Fox in the Fiddle, there are lots of spots near the game, let me know and I will be there.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:54 am 
NET Bench Warmer

I AM!!! Western NY Seahawks fan. I rarely get the chance to see them live and still dreaming of the day I fly west to take in a home game! We are going with two other couples and packing jerseys for them all to wear. Even got the wife a new ladies #12 Fan jersey (she is so excited :sarcasm_on: )

It's ok though, I am doing it right. Heading to Toronto with her on Saturday for shopping nice dinner and a show. Then the rest of the pack come on Sunday. Even booked a hotel two blocks from the stadium to crawl back to. SO PSYCHED!!!

I'm In!!!

Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:46 am 
NET Veteran

Embarrassed to admit that I won't be there. Wanted to take my son to his first game, but the upcoming Hawk Finn Hat Trick (triplets) has changed a few priorities. And living in Rochester, it's virtually in my backyard...frustrating. Oh well, we'll have the best seats in the house in my living room.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:13 am 
NET Veteran

Tech Worlds wrote:
We all gotta try and exchange phone numbers so we can hook up in Toronto. My wife and I will be arriving on Friday.

I believe BestFightStory, MysterMatt, and theditch are arriving Friday as well.

JonRud & Mrs. JonRud arriving Friday as well.

Win Forever!

Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:15 am 
NET Veteran

Pretty sure I'll be there.

Taking a 10 hour bus from Manhattan to Toronto on Saturday after work, will be arriving in Toronto during the AM on Sunday. Would be awesome to meet up with everyone before the game though. Then, I'll be taking a midnight bus back to New York that night. Should be one hell of a trip! Just gotta make sure I can get my shift for Sunday covered and I'm Golden.

HawkRiderFan wrote:
If you are are thinking of going and havent got your tickets yet, I would make the trip and plan to get cheap ones outside the stadium.

Thanks for the heads up. This is the route I'm thinking that I'll go. I figured this would be the case.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:17 am 
* NET Alumni *

So I went to the Fox and Fiddle you guys were talking about last night. It seems a good spot for a meet up. Close to the stadium and probably wont be as crazy as some of the other places. Don't think it will exactly be empty though. And it's not the biggest place. So someone might want to get there early. Although I'm sure that won't be a problem. ;) Only thing is they don't exactly have the best beer selection on tap if you are like myself and enjoy darker beers. Then again, most bars in Toronto seem to be the same way. It's cool though. You can just drink Molson all day, eh?

Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:32 am 
NET Veteran

I'm gonna plan to stop by the Fox & Fiddle to say hi to everyone before the game. Don't know how long I'll stay as I want to check out the 'fan festival' and head into the Skydome early. This is my first [and probably only?] trip to the Skydome so I like to check out a new stadium I haven't been to.

Will plan to hit up the Loose Moose after the game to cheer on the Pats with the rest of the 12's.

Win Forever!

Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:31 pm 
NET Veteran

SeaTown81 wrote:
So I went to the Fox and Fiddle you guys were talking about last night. It seems a good spot for a meet up. Close to the stadium and probably wont be as crazy as some of the other places. Don't think it will exactly be empty though. And it's not the biggest place. So someone might want to get there early. Although I'm sure that won't be a problem. ;) Only thing is they don't exactly have the best beer selection on tap if you are like myself and enjoy darker beers. Then again, most bars in Toronto seem to be the same way. It's cool though. You can just drink Molson all day, eh?

For a better selection of beer go to the Irish Embassy at Yonge & King, lots of darker beers, on tap.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:53 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

The Radish wrote:

ARE YOU FOR REAL? YOUR NOT CANDAIAN ARE YOU? I'm from Toronto a very english speaking city and eastern part of canada. If you want french goto Montreal or Quebec. You need todo more homework on canada cause you know nothing.

The Buffalo Bills, Rogers Centre and some Entertainment Coordinator are putting together a free tailgate party outside the rogers centre on game day. It's free. Dont known when it starts probably 11am(so i've heard, itill the gates open) I would be better if front street and the convention centre were involved.

And it really gets to me when people stereotype canada and they just assume. Just ike i assume that terrorists are attracted to america. Just to let all the americans know that you will not see any eskimos, polar bears or ingloos on the street.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:05 am 
NET Veteran

I was there last week visiting my brother in law school. Real Sports is definately the spot.

You guys need to to tweet Cam Stewart as he's probably the biggest Hawks fan on TV and a hilarious dude that rolls in the same circle of friends as my bro.

Off topic, also went to Montreal for the very first time. 100x better than Toronto and possibly the best city ever.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:41 am 
NET Rookie

mich83 wrote:
And it really gets to me when people stereotype canada and they just assume. Just ike i assume that terrorists are attracted to america. Just to let all the americans know that you will not see any eskimos, polar bears or ingloos on the street.

Dude, you need to chill a bit. He already admitted he was wrong about his "french assumption". There is nothing worse than an irate Canadian complaining about "how little americans know about us". Yes, I am born and bred in Toronto as well so I have no problem saying it. We are all Hawks fans and there a whole bunch of fans from this board (mostly from Seattle) traveling to Toronto to see the Hawks play which I think is pretty cool. I've been to Seattle years ago where I experienced great hospitality and I feel honoured to be hosting fellow Hawk fans in our great city. I think its our duty as Hawk fans (and humble Canadians) to try and return the favour with some hospitality of our own (even if they think we are all Eskimos who drink maple syrup ... on a side note it doesn't help when Edmonton's CFL team is called the Edmonton Eskimos). I look forward to meeting as many Hawk fans as possible and most of all a Hawk victory!

Go Hawks!

Cheers

Z.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:51 am 
NET Veteran

zetes wrote:
mich83 wrote:

Dude, you need to chill a bit. He already admitted he was wrong about his "french assumption". There is nothing worse than an irate Canadian complaining about "how little americans know about us". Yes, I am born and bred in Toronto as well so I have no problem saying it. We are all Hawks fans and there a whole bunch of fans from this board (mostly from Seattle) traveling to Toronto to see the Hawks play which I think is pretty cool. I've been to Seattle years ago where I experienced great hospitality and I feel honoured to be hosting fellow Hawk fans in our great city. I think its our duty as Hawk fans (and humble Canadians) to try and return the favour with some hospitality of our own (even if they think we are all Eskimos who drink maple syrup ... on a side note it doesn't help when Edmonton's CFL team is called the Edmonton Eskimos). I look forward to meeting as many Hawk fans as possible and most of all a Hawk victory!

Go Hawks!

Cheers

Z.

Yes, also been to Seattle for games and me and my wife went to Temple Billards and were treated great by local hawk fans, and had a great time, I hope all coming from Seattle have the same great time in our city and hope to meet as many hawk fans and have drinks before the game. GO HAWKS!!

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:38 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

Hi guys,

Been a Hawk fan since 92 but just came across this forum. I'll be at this game with my wife (whose is originally from Tanzania) Hopefully that will help the Hawks feel like home, like it did when we went to Carolina earlier this year. Anyways we'll be at the Moose before the game but we may have to stop by afterwards too. Its always cool to meet new Hawk fans. Goooo Hawks!!

Jay

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]