Is it me or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

skater18000

Reaction score
If flynn was on the same team as a top 5 quarterback, (patriots, broncos etc.) then Flynn this offseason would be as good as gone (trade!!!) Flynn is at least a top 20 quarterback in the NFL and that is cleary worth a 2nd round pick on an average team with a bad quarterback (Vikings, Jets, Bills, Titans, Chargers) and probably a 3rd round pick on a bad team with a lower pick (Chiefs, Jags, Raiders, etc.)

Flynn is not a career backup... He wants to and can start for another team. Think long and hard if Belichick would waste a great deal of salary and a probable draft pick on keeping a backup behind brady. Wouldn't happen!!! Go Hawks!!!

Btw we're getting a early round pick (by early I mean in rounds 1-3) :0190l:

bellyfat

Reaction score
Nothing lower than a 4th, I really want to keep him as our back-up.

Tical21

Reaction score
I dunno. If this were the case, I would have thought there would have been a lot more interest in him this offseason. I don't know that teams are all of a sudden going to see him at a much higher value. And remember if you trade a player, you don't trade his contract. Stranger things have happened, but I would be more than mildly surprised if he was traded this offseason.

Pstark3

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":2k2lahic said:
We would be lucky to get a 5th rounder..
I think PC&JS would almost prefer that over a higher round pick...

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
skater18000":2l2tni2d said:
therealjohncarlson":2l2tni2d said:

:les:

A possible 1st rounder for a guy who no one even attempted to sign last year besides us and Miami... Pass whatever your smoking

Steve2222

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":3pc9oxlr said:

If Kolb could get a 2nd rounder and DRC, then Flynn would must definitely get something better than that.

This draft class is weak. Teams panic at the QB position and usually overspend. I could easily see Flynn netting us something great.

OP
OP
skater18000

skater18000

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":f540fxcr said:
skater18000":f540fxcr said:
therealjohncarlson":f540fxcr said:

A possible 1st rounder for a guy who no one even attempted to sign last year besides us and Miami... Pass whatever your smoking

Woah, I said early round pick (1-3) meaning that's the defintion of early pick we will get a 2nd maybe and 3rd probably 4th in a bad market. Never said a first...

Steve2222

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":2j5fn1c9 said:
skater18000":2j5fn1c9 said:
therealjohncarlson":2j5fn1c9 said:

You are also forgetting that there was a certain HOF QB in free agency that 26 teams in the NFL were courting leaving Flynn as an after thought.

Not to mention having two great QB prospects in the draft in Luck and RGIII.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
It's you.

What basis are you using that he is a top 20 QB?

My understanding is the contract goes with the player unless the player agrees to renegotiate. If the player won't, then the player can be released and any team could pick him up with no compensation for the Hawks.

OP
OP
skater18000

skater18000

Reaction score
Steve2222":b2scsccu said:
therealjohncarlson":b2scsccu said:

If Kolb could get a 2nd rounder and DRC, then Flynn would must definitely get something better than that.

This draft class is weak. Teams panic at the QB position and usually overspend. I could easily see Flynn netting us something great.

yessir, it will happen (with flynn specially)

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Steve2222":21zc8fji said:
therealjohncarlson":21zc8fji said:

And everyone realized that was a terrible, awful investment done by a desperate team.. Teams need QBs every year and most would rather gamble on rookies than soon-to-be 30 year old QBs who have no starter experience.

Sorry, take off the homer glasses, at most 5th rounder.

bellyfat

Reaction score
skater, I'll give you the rights for my signature for a year if we get a 3rd round or better.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I'm sure the market for Flynn will reset itself this year and who was interested/why the were or weren't interested last year will have little bearing on his value.

Status
Not open for further replies.