Wilson on Mike and Mike

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Russell Wilson at NC State was often saying "Go Pack!". Had he gone to that green pond where cheeseheads rise out of the muck Russell Wilson could have kept that same phrase.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
HawkinNY":3rgb8tky said:
Well the way john works I am sure they will wait till he has one year left or when they can dump Flynn and then give him a long term deal. it just feels good to have our QB. We never had luck drafting a QB. And so many years we thought maybe he is the one. Even when Mirer was a rookie I though he was good but nothing compared to wilson. In 2 years I would offer Wilson a 8-10 year contract.

Exactly. We'll wait until Flynn is gone and then use some of the money in the budget we were paying Flynn to pay Wilson.

Onyx

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1soaid37 said:
Floridahawk79":1soaid37 said:
Onyx":1soaid37 said:
His coach at Wisconsin Bret Bielema ends his interview in a similar fashion. Wonder if it is something Russell picked up from him. Heard an interview from Bielema and he ended it with Go Hogs!

I was just going to say the same thing. Must be a Wisconsin thing.

You sure it wasn't "Going Away, Wisconsin!"

Nope it was Go hogs. It was an interview after he was hired to be the coach of the Arkansas Razorbacks.

RufusPorter

Reaction score
rjdriver":2qa8weop said:
Let's wait til his contract expires and them put a transition tag on him. That will guarantee he stays, we could match any other offer.

Cough cough

HA!

The nightmare of the Tim Ruskell regime seems like an age long gone now, but it really wasn't. To watch that roster slowly decay over the years killed the game for some of my old friends. They just couldn't watch as Hutch left, Alexander signed to a huge contract way too late in his career, and the other bone-headed moves ole Timmay made.

Post of the day in my book. Brilliant on so many levels... well played sir.

:179422:

Tical21

Reaction score
I might suggest that we wait until after his rookie year to sign him to a lifetime contract. Next year, defenses will be doing a much better job of keeping him in the pocket. I'm sure he'll adjust brilliantly, but there is still a ton to see.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I seriously think Mike and Mike is the only show that won't drop the Packers game.. they seriously need to move on. Yes we probably got a lucky break there, but good lord.. they've won 7 other games. LET IT GO.

Sac

Reaction score
Beeker":lh7ly08i said:
rjdriver":lh7ly08i said:
Let's wait til his contract expires and them put a transition tag on him. That will guarantee he stays, we could match any other offer.

Cough cough

HA!

The nightmare of the Tim Ruskell regime seems like an age long gone now, but it really wasn't. To watch that roster slowly decay over the years killed the game for some of my old friends. They just couldn't watch as Hutch left, Alexander signed to a huge contract way too late in his career, and the other bone-headed moves ole Timmay made.

Post of the day in my book. Brilliant on so many levels... well played sir.

:179422:

What's funny is that RW screams "Ruskell pick"...

4 year starter from big school, impeccable character and short. The only difference is that Timmay would have picked him in the first round.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Russell Wilson CAN NOT sign a new contract right now. He HAS TO play out most of his rookie contract before he can re-up. The new CBA wanted it this way so that the veteran players would get the bigger share of the pie after they earned their contracts. The old CBA paid rookies too much and the new one pays the rookies that play really well too little. Sucks for Wilson and all the other low round picks that have definitely outplayed their rookie contracts, but it's great for the Seahawks because these guys still have years of playing time at a very low cost before they can even THINK about re-signing them.

mikeak

Reaction score
Tical21":2u3z0q21 said:
I might suggest that we wait until after his rookie year to sign him to a lifetime contract. Next year, defenses will be doing a much better job of keeping him in the pocket. I'm sure he'll adjust brilliantly, but there is still a ton to see.

I suggest we wait until we are allowed to resign him which is after three years under contract. I realize he signed a four year contract but if he starts for three years there is no way the team won't pay him with a nice signing bonus on top

Largent80

Reaction score
Well, if we cant lock him up then a nice salary increase in the offseason is there a rule against that as well?

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
Largent80":2nmlqhip said:
Well, if we cant lock him up then a nice salary increase in the offseason is there a rule against that as well?

Nope, not even allowed to restructure contracts until after year 3.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
There is a special pool of money when rookie out play their contracts. They get a bonus from the NFL.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, if DangeRuss wins us a Superbowl within the next 3 years does he get the biggest long term contract we've ever offered to a player?

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Greenhell":ljahx4vr said:
Out of curiosity, if DangeRuss wins us a Superbowl within the next 3 years does he get the biggest long term contract we've ever offered to a player?

I have a feeling you already know the answer to this question

Greenhell

Reaction score
hawksfan515":2c8cj3oa said:
Greenhell":2c8cj3oa said:

I have a feeling you already know the answer to this question

:mrgreen:

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3jvmcudp said:
What's funny is that RW screams "Ruskell pick"...

4 year starter from big school, impeccable character and short. The only difference is that Timmay would have picked him in the first round.

Ehhh I feel like Russell's shortness would have scared Ruskell off. I think he would have chosen someone like Kirk Cousins

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Greenhell":1sejjjb7 said:

Russel is not likely to ever have to worry where his next meal is coming from. He will be a multi-millionaire when he leaves the Seahawks. He will then transition into a lucritive TV football commentary contract for twenty years or so.... he was a Communications major in college..........his wife isn't likely to have to pick beans in the summer time.

Seeker

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2vw9ssqn said:
Largent80":2vw9ssqn said:
Lock him up long term right now.....why wait?

Because there is no reason to.

and because new collective bargaining agreement prohibits doing so right now. can't do it for two more years or something.

Latest posts