Pete wasn't kidding...

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Pete wasn't kidding...
Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:47 pm
  • When he said "in our model, we have a plan to bring a championship contending team to Seattle by year 4"

The greatest thing its only year 3 :0190l: :179422: :th2thumbs: :pukeface: :49ersmall: :0190l:
    Week 1 of the preseason vs. The Tennessee Titans, I said the Seahawks were winning the superbowl...

"Oh and by the way, Go Hawks!!!" Russel Wilson
    skater18000
    NET Veteran

Re: Pete wasn't kidding...
Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:53 pm
  • This is fun to watch. It would be a shame f we did it one year early
    Aristotle22
    NET Starter

Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:59 pm
  • Aristotle22 wrote:This is fun to watch. It would be a shame f we did it one year early

Big shame, funny how when Pete has his big ideas when you go and out do his optimism. What a shame!!!! :sarcasm_on:

Btw go hawks :pukeface: :49ersmall: :0190l:
    Week 1 of the preseason vs. The Tennessee Titans, I said the Seahawks were winning the superbowl...

skater18000
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:45 am
  • The way Pete talks about the team, even he is surprised at what John Schneider has been able to do with the roster in such a short time. I am very impressed with this new regime and how well they work together.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:32 am
  • Riddle me this, how many NFL Head Coaches can rebuild a team is as short of time as Pete and John?

Pretty amazing. The typical rebuild takes around 10 years, its year 3 for us and we are a playoff caliber team with a possiblity of reach the big game in New Orleans.

how freakin' awesome would it be if we won a (second) SB this year?

In Russell, Pete, and John I trust!
    tubbs51
    NET Starter

Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:38 am
  • tubbs51 wrote:Riddle me this, how many NFL Head Coaches can rebuild a team is as short of time as Pete and John?

Pretty amazing. The typical rebuild takes around 10 years, its year 3 for us and we are a playoff caliber team with a possiblity of reach the big game in New Orleans.

how freakin' awesome would it be if we won a (second) SB this year?

In Russell, Pete, and John I trust!

10 years? lol
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:44 am
  • Rebuilds don't take 10 years lol, yikes!!!!

What pete said wasn't any diffferent than most new regimes when they take over, 3-4 years for a total rebuild. Granted IMO what they have done is nothing short of amazing with how many Pro-bowl and almost pro-bowl caliber guys they've found throughout the draft and combing the streets.

I think the only thing different about this regime that they actually meant was that they'd build through the draft and let the depth determine starters rather than spend a fortune on a rental player who in a year or two's time will be useless. What we did before didn't work, we were paying players for what they did, and not making a wise investment on what they would do. This model they have now is almost like what they do in Pittsburgh, pay the guys that deserve it and can help you in the future, the days of holding onto a player well past their prime is over.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:45 am
  • Always compete! Pete's competing with his projection, trying to outdo himself.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:46 am
  • Did we give Schneider a promotion?

I saw on .com that he is the Executive Vice President/GM. I thought he was only hired to be the GM? Did we give him a promotion in his title so that he won't be poached by other teams? Or was he always the Executive VP?
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:52 am
  • Very very pleased with the organization. To think not that long ago we were dealing with Ruskell and Mora.. (shudder)..

I love Pete but John needs major props too.. Promote him for sure. We now have our QBOTF.. And loaded with young talent with sky high potential.

Bo Duke and Slippery Pete have my full confidence.. 8-)
    HOLLYWOOD
    NET Starter

Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:53 am
  • It really is nice to see this team competing at a higher level.
    hidn
    NET Starter

Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:34 am
  • skater18000 wrote:
    Aristotle22 wrote:This is fun to watch. It would be a shame f we did it one year early

Big shame, funny how when Pete has his big ideas when you go and out do his optimism. What a shame!!!! :sarcasm_on:

HUH????? :hmmmm:
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:39 am
  • The team is a year ahead of schedule because Russ is developing much faster than even they anticipated. I don't think Pete and John even thought they would get their QB by now considering they signed Flynn. He was meant to be a bridge QB IMO.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:41 am
  • hawker84 wrote:
    skater18000 wrote:
    Aristotle22 wrote:This is fun to watch. It would be a shame f we did it one year early

HUH????? :hmmmm:

It was a joke...

skater18000
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:45 am
  • :snack: still don't get it??
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:51 am
  • Skater, I thought you were talking about it was a shame we didnt bring in Pete and JS the year Mora was HC, instead of the year after.
    Hawksfan78
    NET Rookie

Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:56 am
  • RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3... Back to reality guys. It's all about RG3. Jesus, aren't you watching TV? Who cares if the Seahawks win a Superbowl? Look how cool RG3 is..........
    Sign37now
    NET Rookie

Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:11 am
  • Sign37now wrote:RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3... Back to reality guys. It's all about RG3. Jesus, aren't you watching TV? Who cares if the Seahawks win a Superbowl? Look how cool RG3 is..........

And don't forget THE COWBOYS!! THE COWBOYS ARE STILL IN CONTENTION FOR A PLAYOFF BERTH!! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:06 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:Rebuilds don't take 10 years lol, yikes!!!!

What pete said wasn't any diffferent than most new regimes when they take over, 3-4 years for a total rebuild. Granted IMO what they have done is nothing short of amazing with how many Pro-bowl and almost pro-bowl caliber guys they've found throughout the draft and combing the streets.

I think the only thing different about this regime that they actually meant was that they'd build through the draft and let the depth determine starters rather than spend a fortune on a rental player who in a year or two's time will be useless. What we did before didn't work, we were paying players for what they did, and not making a wise investment on what they would do. This model they have now is almost like what they do in Pittsburgh, pay the guys that deserve it and can help you in the future, the days of holding onto a player well past their prime is over.

Tell that to the Raiders.
    TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS!!!
    Hawk-A-Loogie
    NET Rookie

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:46 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information