Another little reason to love Wilson...

rjdriver

Reaction score
I now end every conversation, personal and professional, with...Go Hawks!

I challenge each one of you to do the same.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
rjdriver":snaenk2o said:
I know end every conversation, personal and professional, with...Go Hawks!

I challenge each one of you to do the same.
Where's YOUR.... Go Hawks!!

Jeesh, walk the talk, dude.

GO HAWKS!!

Starrman44

Reaction score
Actually it does matter. It shows that he is buying in to the Franchise just like a fan does, imo.

Also, as far as the visits to the Children's Hospital, that seriously chokes me up. My wife is a pediatric nurse here in Portland, and I've probably mentioned it before. I attended a funeral for a little girl that had finally succumbed to cancer. I honestly barely made it through. I told her I can't go back to something like that. She tells me stories all the time about what goes on there.

It is cool that it's something that he has prioritized. What a way to stay grounded and be a hero for these kids. So many athletes run from being a role model and he embraces it. He sets a high standard and it appears that he lives up to it. I also love the fact that this is the first I have heard of the visits to the Children Hospital.

I'm going to buy my son (maybe both) a Russell Wilson jersey (they both are big fans at 2 and 5). Fact is, my oldest son told me the other day that he wants a Russell Wilson Jersey and Russell Wilson Helmet. I asked him what he would rather have a Wilson Jersey or a Wii Game (which he has been hounding me for). He says, "I don't know, I can't decide, uh, maybe (with a spreading Cheshire cat grin), uh, both!!"

Also love that he is a man of faith. So, yes, Go Hawks!!

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
hawkfan1975":1nilynd5 said:
gotta be honest, it's the item that bothers me actually , his interviewing. so Richie Cunningham. and with robotic head turns while talking. thank god it doesn't matter. I'm sorry, just can't bs this one.

Hmmm... This out-creeps my non-creepyness... Guess I'll stop there.

And with that, an impromptu death-metal guitar solo... :thRocks:

Greenhell

Reaction score
I want to adopt Russell Wilson. "Yep, that's my son Russell. He's doin BIG things up in Seattle that boy of mine. He makes me and his momma proud." :)

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Starrman44":2vxgqxmd said:
Actually it does matter. It shows that he is buying in to the Franchise just like a fan does, imo.

Also, as far as the visits to the Children's Hospital, that seriously chokes me up. My wife is a pediatric nurse here in Portland, and I've probably mentioned it before. I attended a funeral for a little girl that had finally succumbed to cancer. I honestly barely made it through. I told her I can't go back to something like that. She tells me stories all the time about what goes on there.

It is cool that it's something that he has prioritized. What a way to stay grounded and be a hero for these kids. So many athletes run from being a role model and he embraces it. He sets a high standard and it appears that he lives up to it. I also love the fact that this is the first I have heard of the visits to the Children Hospital.

I'm going to buy my son (maybe both) a Russell Wilson jersey (they both are big fans at 2 and 5). Fact is, my oldest son told me the other day that he wants a Russell Wilson Jersey and Russell Wilson Helmet. I asked him what he would rather have a Wilson Jersey or a Wii Game (which he has been hounding me for). He says, "I don't know, I can't decide, uh, maybe (with a spreading Cheshire cat grin), uh, both!!"

About the Children's Hospital visits. I hear ya, man. One reason why I could never work in the health field closely is because stuff like that touches me too much. I've never heard of the visits, so obviously its not a PR move like you see a lot (not that its a bad thing since they're still in the end contributing to a good cause.) Like I said, I only heard of it cuz a friend works there and hears of the visits from coworkers all the time.

Tim Ruskell would love this guy!

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
BlueThunder":2b365d8y said:
hawkfan1975":2b365d8y said:
gotta be honest, it's the item that bothers me actually , his interviewing. so Richie Cunningham. and with robotic head turns while talking. thank god it doesn't matter. I'm sorry, just can't bs this one.

Hmmm... This out-creeps my non-creepyness... Guess I'll stop there.

And with that, an impromptu death-metal guitar solo... :thRocks:

No, our qb is fantastic. I don't know, just not a fan of the interviewing yet.

harmonized1

Reaction score
Wilson is a dream come true for this team. We could not have asked for a better QB. He will go down as one of the greats. Especially aftera ll these buster ass Steelers/Cowboys Commentators retire!

Greenhell

Reaction score
Stand down. He's got his career he needs to focus on right now. His muse is the Seattle Seahawks and winning a championship not fiddling around with .Net whores.

aawolf

Reaction score
On the intros to the Niners game, I hope RW says that his school is NC Consin, BadgerPacks, or "Wisconsin via NC State", or something diplomatic. He graduated from my Alma Mater, NC State, and participated in Senior Day, then we didn't take him back for his last year of eligibility after he missed spring practice with baseball and he transferred to Wisconsin to light it up. I'm curious how he handles the intros since he's the ultimate politician and tries to make everyone happy.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Yeah, his random interviews with talking heads are usually as bland as possible. He never gives away anything, gives the opponents anything to work with, etc. They're completely uninteresting and cliche. His more in-depth interviews tend to be a little more interesting, but it's clear that he's worked on his on-air persona. He's got a role to play, and he knows it. He's not going to be one of the colorful characters of the NFL. He's going to be the professional. Think about guys like Manning, for example. Manning's been in the league 15 years and you could probably count the interesting things he's said in post-game comments on one hand.

So, basically, I see Wilson's interviews as pretty much boilerplate. He gives the "NFL franchise QB" soundbytes, with a little custom "Go Hawks" thrown in at the end for the fans. And that's perfectly fine. I don't want him creating a media circus with his interviews. I don't want him giving other teams bulletin board material. I just want him to make plays and continue to show improvement during his time in Seattle.

RussWILSON3

Reaction score
KitsapHawk":3uyeqjh3 said:
BlueThunder":3uyeqjh3 said:
Did I miss the week where everybody talked about this ad-nauseum? :34853_doh:

Yes. :D

He's a class act. The Seahawks, and the city of Seattle are lucky to have him.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I think he'll loosen up in time and be a little less robotic in his interviews as he gets a little more seasoned. I doubt he'll ever be Matt Hass with the jokey jokey stuff, but I think he'll get to a point where he's maybe like Brady; real with the occasional quip, but not too terribly open. I can live with that. We have Sherman if we need a sound bite.

Go hawks.

mikeak

Reaction score
Starrman44":1wfwk7od said:

Cheaper to get them a Wilson football :D and they won't grow out of it!

mikeak

Reaction score
CANHawk":oqhxcc8e said:
I think he'll loosen up in time and be a little less robotic in his interviews as he gets a little more seasoned. I doubt he'll ever be Matt Hass with the jokey jokey stuff, but I think he'll get to a point where he's maybe like Brady; real with the occasional quip, but not too terribly open. I can live with that. We have Sherman if we need a sound bite.

Go hawks.

I can live with him being like Bellicheck or a mute as long as he keeps getting better and winning football games. It is fun when players say things that you can quote like jets players - yeah my kids names are hmmm hmmmm ooops

but I really couldn't care less how they are for interviews. I care what they do on the field. If they do good things off the field then great they are good people and i will like them more but if they are good or bad in an interview setting - don't care......

Latest posts