BREAKING NEWS FOR THOSE ATTTENDING TORONTO GAME!!!

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • I arrived in Toronto earlier today. As I walked through the airport, I saw a sign promoting the game. Had 3 people on it. Marshawn Lynch, some Buffalo Bill, and this guy...

TORONTO- International sensation PSY – the South Korean rapper known for his chart-topping single “Gangnam Style”– will headline the Hyundai Halftime Show featuring PSY, presented by KiSS 92.5, at the Buffalo Bills vs. Seattle Seahawks game at Rogers Centre on Sunday, Dec. 16. This marks PSY’s first public performance in Canada.

“Building on the incredible energy from last year’s victory over the Washington Redskins, we are upping the ante this year with a halftime performer who is bound to bring fans to their feet,” said Greg Albrecht, Executive Director of Bills in Toronto, Rogers Media. “This year, a ticket to this adrenaline-pumping football game is also a ticket to a world-class halftime event, with one of the year’s most iconic entertainment figures.”

PSY’s dazzling performance will lead the charge for the must-see halftime event, which will feature more than 60 dancers, the Buffalo Jills Cheerleaders, as well as hundreds of contest winners.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/articl ... 4c6a50fbde
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *

• They're desperate. Pathetic.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• That might just make me dump my tickets if I had any.

:pukeface:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• You guys know that he talked trash about Americans right?
    gadgor
    NET Practice Squad

• gadgor wrote:You guys know that he talked trash about Americans right?

Hell, he was probably right.

:salute:
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• I talk trash about Americans too. We are pompous assholes... but we deserve to be cause we live in 'murica. :sarcasm_on:
    sturg78
    NET Veteran

• Zebulon Dak wrote:
    gadgor wrote:You guys know that he talked trash about Americans right?

Being that he called on United States troops in Iraq to all die you may want to retract that.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

• lol that is awesome actually

to be honest half the "fans" there will be there for networking/political reasons so I expect a stale, dead crowd.
    Dreo
    NET Starter

• CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:

Being that he called on United States troops in Iraq to all die you may want to retract that.

Well that's a lot more than trash! That's downright evil!
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Who has time for politics when there's football to be had.

I hate politics anyway... no loss.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• Seriously, way to under state what he said, gadgor. If he did say that, screw that guy.
    sturg78
    NET Veteran

• Does that mean his 15 minutes are up? Well, maybe they can still get MC Hammer. He still seems pretty limber for an older fella.
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Yep. I am pretty sure a lot of folks are stepping back from the craze because of this. He apologized and probably just like Ice T, if he distances himself from his earlier rants against the US and its military forces, some will forgive him. The Iraq war, the beheading of the Korean evangelist and the US military accidental killing of the 2 13 year old Korean girls fed into a resentment that many in the country felt toward the US already during that timeframe. How much has South Korea changed in the 8 yrs since his rant culturally or politically? Not sure.

Similar in ways to Ice T playing to the distrust of Urban minorities toward law enforcement.

PSY in the Gangnam Style video may have just caught folks in the right groove. Not sure he is a long term global icon but that is just my read.

Don't agree with his politics, wouldn't go to his concerts but the video/song is catchy and goofy. So I give him that.
    Last edited by drdiags on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• He made the comment back in '04 I believe. It is only getting brought up now because of his crap one-hit wonder and the fame that has come from it.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

• First I've heard of the political stuff. I wouldn't want to go because of the show. The whole Gangnam thing appeals to me about as much as a clorox enema. The first time I linked to the video, I lasted about 10 seconds. Reminded me of a cross between the macarena and being rick-rolled.

:pukeface:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• If I was to comment on the ba**ard, I'd have my ass thrown off this message board!
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• This is a tragedy, why can't they let this crap die?
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• The best part about being an American is the beautiful glass houses and the lifetime supply of rocks to throw.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

• SeaTown81 wrote:I arrived in Toronto earlier today. As I walked through the airport, I saw a sign promoting the game. Had 3 people on it. Marshawn Lynch, some Buffalo Bill, and this guy...

Enjoy the game.....cheer on our Seahawks. Go to the bathroom during halftime and pee on Psy philosophically.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

as soon as a huge portion of my fellow americans stop acting trashy, that will offend me.
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

• It's a fine line between trash talk and genocide.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• That guy sucks the song sucks but big time world wide exposure for the Hawks n Bills.
    largenutz
    NET Veteran

• bellingerga wrote:as soon as a huge portion of my fellow americans stop acting trashy, that will offend me.

Only 'muricans act trashy a lot; true story. It'd be nice if we saw less self-loathing from people that actually believe every other civilized country has citizens way better than those of the U.S.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    bellingerga wrote:as soon as a huge portion of my fellow americans stop acting trashy, that will offend me.

Only 'muricans act trashy a lot; true story. It'd be nice if we saw less self-loathing from people that actually believe every other civilized country has citizens way better than those of the U.S.

Yep. I'll never understand people's guilt for being part of a particular race or from a particular country.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• I am wondering if this will be a longer halftime than normal - instead of 12 minutes more like a Super Bowl halftime show?? Sounds like a big production.

Win Forever!
    JonRud
    NET Veteran

• Considering that he has one song, it should. Be a regular half-time.
    Reaneypark
    NET Veteran

• He talked trash in 04? okay. Scientifically speaking, and this is fact, not one cell in his body is the same, he literally is not the same guy he was back in 04. People change, both literally, and on every other level.
    Now, if you want to be pissed about the fact that his song gets stuck in your head and you JUST CAN'T STOP SINGING IT, well, there you go. Have at it.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• We tortured people, he didn't like it. War is a dirty thing so it doesn't bother me too much. That said, he's also expressed that he is tired of Gangnam Style.

Here's this guy because I just found the more smilies button: :chug:
    ParisPC07
    NET Starter

• So freedom of speech has no borders?

Oh, I forgot about "on foreign soil" rant.

While I would be offended watching his act, it wouldn't be for something he said 8 years ago.

I don't care for marching bands much either, except for the Cardinals' on The Play. Hearing Elway whine made me love them.
    AVL
    NET Starter

• I'm so glad I usually go and make something to eat during halftime, I don't wanna be witness to an international tragedy.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• SHUT UP THROW LOL
    God Bless America and God Bless the SEATTLE SEAHAWKS - TEZ

Mike Bullene ‏@12thManM1ke 45m
    @TDESPN Though, you did say the other night you cannot win the SB riding a defense. Even though you are literally the poster child for that. --twittered back at dilfer after he tried to slam hawks fans.
    hawkcrazzed
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:

Context: It was said in 2004 in a part of worldwide outrage of the invasion of Iraq - which was based on lies about WMD's and propaganda that Iraq was somehow involved in 9-11 - and came after two 13 year old girls had been murdered by U.S. troops stationed in Korea who were released after being tried by a U.S. court instead of in the Korean courts.

So Americans were on the Koreans shit list at that time and deservedly so. I know that will tick off some "muricans" who can't accept the war in Iraq was only about grabbing oil resources, but that's how Koreans saw it at the time and that's what the war really was about, so they were correct. You can hold a grudge against the guy if you want. Me, I figure he was caught up in the heat of the moment and he's apologized. Also, he's quoted as saying "Yankees" but what he said was "bitches".

You want respect from the rest of the world, you have to earn it by not letting sleazeballs like George Bush lie you into a war. We should have been in Afghanistan chasing Osama, not wasting our military in Iraq deposing a dictator we set up in power to begin with, just so we could seize their nationalized oil for Halliburton.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• What exactly does a clorox enema feel like, Bro???
    Sounds a bit painful.
    "We walked our (pedestrian) ass to the Super Bowl"
    Angry Doug
    "We're looking for grit"
    Pete Carroll
    "We got grit. That's it."
    Earl Thomas.
    Rocket
    NET Veteran

• Rocket wrote:What exactly does a clorox enema feel like, Bro???
    Sounds a bit painful.

I imagine its almost as bad as listening to homeboy here do his hit record.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• If it was in 04, that is a big time frame.

I find it seriously ironic that any South Korean can talk shit about american military. If it wasn't for us, his ass would be starving to death just like the North Koreans are right now.

That said, my kids love his song. My 17 month old dances around and smacks me in time to the beat. It's seriously awesome. My oldest one is 3, and he knows every word of that Carly Rae song. You learn to live with it when you have kids.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• How is this huge breaking news to some people? This was announced and pretty well publicized like 2 months ago.
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran

• SalishHawkFan wrote:
    CurryStopstheRuns wrote:Being that he called on United States troops in Iraq to all die you may want to retract that.

Context: It was said in 2004 in a part of worldwide outrage of the invasion of Iraq - which was based on lies about WMD's and propaganda that Iraq was somehow involved in 9-11 - and came after two 13 year old girls had been murdered by U.S. troops stationed in Korea who were released after being tried by a U.S. court instead of in the Korean courts.

So Americans were on the Koreans shit list at that time and deservedly so. I know that will tick off some "muricans" who can't accept the war in Iraq was only about grabbing oil resources, but that's how Koreans saw it at the time and that's what the war really was about, so they were correct. You can hold a grudge against the guy if you want. Me, I figure he was caught up in the heat of the moment and he's apologized. Also, he's quoted as saying "Yankees" but what he said was "bitches".

You want respect from the rest of the world, you have to earn it by not letting sleazeballs like George Bush lie you into a war. We should have been in Afghanistan chasing Osama, not wasting our military in Iraq deposing a dictator we set up in power to begin with, just so we could seize their nationalized oil for Halliburton.

I think it is pretty obvious nobody cares about context behind the his original comments. All people are seeing is somebody trashing US soldiers in an awful way, God forbid that somebody doesn't thank them for their sacrifice and not turn a blind eye, like so many of us here, to some of the awful things Bush had our soldiers doing which they got away with.
    razor150
    NET Veteran

• razor150 wrote:
    SalishHawkFan wrote:
    CurryStopstheRuns wrote:Being that he called on United States troops in Iraq to all die you may want to retract that.

I think it is pretty obvious nobody cares about context behind the his original comments. All people are seeing is somebody trashing US soldiers in an awful way, God forbid that somebody doesn't thank them for their sacrifice and not turn a blind eye, like so many of us here, to some of the awful things Bush had our soldiers doing which they got away with.

Take the politics to the PWR forum.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• I, for one, think this is AWESOME!!!

It's not like I love the song all that much, but I love a good spectical. Besides, they could have brought in Extreme, Rush, or (shudder) Nickleback!!!

Gangnam style is far more tolerable. WOOT! WOOT! Sexxxxy Lady!
    MysterMatt
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• So, it seems reasonable to assume Sherman will break out a pony dance after his pick-six this weekend...
    SeaChase wrote:One thing I noticed,well in my opinion,is that Wilson isnt a good passer.
    KillerB
    NET Rookie

• ParisPC07 wrote:We tortured people, he didn't like it. War is a dirty thing so it doesn't bother me too much. That said, he's also expressed that he is tired of Gangnam Style.

Here's this guy because I just found the more smilies button: :chug:

Um...

The 34-year-old rapper says the protests were part of a "deeply emotional" reaction to the war and the death of two Korean school girls, who were killed when a U.S. military vehicle hit them as they walked alongside the road. He noted anti-war sentiment was high around the world at the time.
    Carmon1274
    NET Veteran

• Hawks46 wrote:If it was in 04, that is a big time frame.

I find it seriously ironic that any South Korean can talk shit about american military. If it wasn't for us, his ass would be starving to death just like the North Koreans are right now.

That said, my kids love his song. My 17 month old dances around and smacks me in time to the beat. It's seriously awesome. My oldest one is 3, and he knows every word of that Carly Rae song. You learn to live with it when you have kids.

What did United States do to help South Korea in 2004?
    Carmon1274
    NET Veteran

• Did everyone on here miss Staffamerica's post regarding Jim Hardbaugh Style? Holy crap this is the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. Please enjoy:

http://podcast.957thegame.com/kbwf5/376 ... dlink=true
    "I want to drink Ranier Beer out of a mug made from Jim harbaugh's hollowed out skull." CANHAWK
    sam1313
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:02 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information