I created the U MAD Bro for Sherman.

harmonized1

Reaction score
Some of you might know me as the guy with the hawks motor home. I'm also the guy who made the "u mad bro?" meme and sent it to Richard Sherman. I had no idea that it would become what it became. It just took off with a life of its own. I was a little disappointed that Sherman never mentioned who sent it to him..but meh ..who cares. Just thought you guys might find the story interesting. :)

:th2thumbs:

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I know how you feel. I'm currently in the process of suing SacHawk2.0 for using my meme without giving me credit.

Also...U Mad Bro?

OP
OP
harmonized1

harmonized1

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2t02jacv said:
I know how you feel. I'm currently in the process of suing SacHawk2.0 for using my meme without giving me credit.

Also...U Mad Bro?

lol I wasnt going to send it to him. I originally made it for my facebook friends and my girl goes "Send it to Sherman's twitter he will love it" and Ba-BOOM!!

Literally 10 second photoshop job . I found the pic on the AP sight IMMEDIATELY after the game. Before anyone had even seen the shot.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Big deal. I never got credit for the "how do u like them apples" saying after the Pats game. Someone turns it into a meme and they win the Internet.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Get someone to do the graphics and then copy-write it as a trademark for a company.

OP
OP
harmonized1

harmonized1

Reaction score
Just thought it was cool that the 10 second graphic I made went national in a matter of minutes. Not crying for attention sheesh.

Riley12

Reaction score
I coined the phrase "threepeat" back in the 70's for a series of very satisfying back-to-back-to-back bowel movements.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
harmonized1":2rivszmj said:
Just thought it was cool that the 10 second graphic I made went national in a matter of minutes. Not crying for attention sheesh.
Just giving you a hard time, my brutha!

Harmonize 1

Starrman44

Reaction score
That is a very cool tidbit. You rock!! Gotta love a guy that has that motor home and a meme that has become so recognizable. Definitely a tip of the hat to you!!

CANHawk

Reaction score
I was the first person to hold up one sign that was a big "D" and another sign that looks like a picket fence. True story...

drdiags

Reaction score
It is pretty interesting how that got a life of its own. The reason it took off for the NFL AM guys is that they though Sherman had done it as part of his trash talking efforts against Brady. If he would have retweeted it acknowledging the creator, I wonder how much traction it gets from the national guys?

Same with Florio and NFL.com. The Seahawks supposedly asked Sherman to take the tweet down. I wonder if he mentioned to them that it wasn't his work or he just let it stand as his work?

One of our local guys should ask him about this just to see how much play the national folks would give it if they found out he didn't do it? He and Earl still gave Brady grief during and after the game so it wouldn't diffuse the uproar from back then. Interesting.

Sac

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2smkdreh said:

Also...U Mad Bro?

You can't prove anything scrote fluffer! And besides, I'm pretty sure internet memes fall under public domain.

SeeHawkRun

Reaction score
Well, did you give credit to the photographer? I'm not trying to say it isn't cool that you created the meme. It is. But, unless you took the picture yourself, you're really more of a co-creator, wouldn't you say?

Also, on a side not: Richard Sherman sure is a great player, eh?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Riley12":32jr5h0l said:
I coined the phrase "threepeat" back in the 70's for a series of very satisfying back-to-back-to-back bowel movements.
LOL Braggart! :16:

OP
OP
harmonized1

harmonized1

Reaction score
SeeHawkRun":2ewfujis said:
Well, did you give credit to the photographer? I'm not trying to say it isn't cool that you created the meme. It is. But, unless you took the picture yourself, you're really more of a co-creator, wouldn't you say?

Also, on a side not: Richard Sherman sure is a great player, eh?

Ahh yes you are correct. But in my defense the photographer had no intention of MY intentions. He ended up being a photographic remix if you will. To be quite honest I wasnt really thinking much when I made it. I just did it for fun to jab at the fans of the pats. It wasnt supposed to be HUGE like it is today lol.

Latest posts