"Seahawks Show No Class in 58-0 Rout of Arizona"

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Last thing I would expect on a Seahawks Fanpage Section :thfight7:

Notice what Stadium/Game that picture takes place in? (Hint: Not Seattle!)

Great Article man, Just what we wanted to hear.

Really want to give this writer more hits? http://www.footballnation.com/team/seattle-seahawks/

I realize that the guy is an independent writer, but I will not stand for this. Mostly because it is too funny.
    Last edited by KitsapHawk on Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    KitsapHawk
    NET Veteran

• What a pussy.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• I approve of the Buffalo-kabab!

Seriously though, what were we supposed to do? lie down? Take a nap? Let John Moffitt play quarterback? We had all our back ups in since shortly after halftime. if Arizona can't stop backups then that's on them...
    Last edited by CANHawk on Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• Hahahaha. We ran on almost every play in the second half, avoided kicking gimme field gulls which would have put us over 60 points, and ran our 3rd RB, backup OL, backup QB, backup wideouts, backup TEs, and probably (don't know for sure) our backup defenders most of the second half.

And they STILL GAVE UP 21 POINTS IN THAT HALF.

What do you want us to do? Kneel on every play?
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

• A middle finger to this writer! Is a team suppose to roll over and stop playing because another team doesn't show up? We needed this. It seems we have played down to teams that we probably should have walked over a couple games this year. We destroyed their every being and It was GREAT! I just don't get some people? Do you want dominance or do you want to squeak out wins? Do you want to lose by three with two seconds left in a game?
    GO (insert explicit ) yourself!
    djb28
    NET Veteran

• When they literally drop the ball right at your feet and there is a clear path to the endzone are you just supposed to take a knee? Wtf.
    CaptainSkybeard
    NET Veteran

• Just a hurt fan trying to make himself feel better.

I have seen teams blow 20+ point leads in the 2nd half this year. Anyone remember when the Skins were up 28-3 at half against the Cowboys on Thanksgiving and almost blew that game? They won 38-31

It was good that we established our dominance coming out in the 2nd half to make sure Arizona knew that no halftime adjustments would give them a chance yesterday. If we play soft and they score, suddenly they get some confidence and the lead gets chipped away. All these fans complaining about running up the score need to get over it. If you can't stop backups from running all over you, you have already quit.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• Well damn. I guess we aren't going to get invited to any tea parties. :(
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• He is a Arizona Cardinals fan, so probably tough to be impartial. He probably didn't have a problem when the Cardinals kept going for the record with Breaston the last year Holmgren was coach and they were shellacking the Seahawks. I have been one to question the ruthless nature of the Patriots, but they seem to continue to get love for how they play.

This is sort of like Schiano and his attack the kneel down formation tactics. If Whiz gets a chance to pay it back, he will. But he is no angel in pouring it on either.
    Last edited by drdiags on Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• We could've scored 80 points yesterday. We held back. Whiz knows this.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• just when I feel like sending the writer a letter calling him out, I see his picture.

Really kid?
    You wanna know whats classless?
    You writing about ANYTHING and anyone paying attention to it.

I'm just gonna be nice since its not in the shack.
    GET YOUR EAR PLUGS READY!!!
    TheHawkster
    * NET Bad Ass *

• TheHawkster wrote:just when I feel like sending the writer a letter calling him out, I see his picture.

Really kid?
    You wanna know whats classless?
    You writing about ANYTHING and anyone paying attention to it.

I'm just gonna be nice since its not in the shack.

LOL. Makes me wonder if hes ever touched a football.
    KitsapHawk
    NET Veteran

• Well, I guess this means we need to beat the Bills 59-0 and then the 49ers 60-0, just to show the Cardinals fans that we have nothing against them or their team.
    chawx
    NET Veteran

• Lol do writers act this way towards the patriots? Get real!
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

• lol if we wanted to pour it on we could have seriously threatened 80 points. No doubt about it.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• Ah you guys...you beat me to the punch w/that photo.

Seriously: How can a dude that's been on earth for like 20 minutes feign such awesome outrage? And then use a misappropriated and out-of-context photo of P&J to illustrate said feigned outrage? He's acting like the dog pooed on his Thomas the Tank Engine backpack or something.

Dear Cooper,

Take a breath, savor a glass of Sunny D., play a little Mario Paper and get some even keeled perspective. Cool, calm and collected is how a big-boy operates; childish football freakouts are not going to get you promoted from Happy Meals to Whopper Jr's.

Sincerely,

DohBoy (you're biggest fan)
    DohBoy
    NET Starter

• I would love to be able to read comments left on that article, but they disappear after you leave them.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

• HAHAHAHAHA. Squeeze out a little tear for me, ya baby!
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Maybe we should send him a blow up doll with lactateing nipples since he appears to need coddleing. Other then hand the Cardinals the ball with no defense on the field what more could we do not to score, although they still may have turned the ball over somehow.
    Last edited by chris98251 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• We bullied them instead of playing our normal game? If putting in Flynn and Washington is bullying, then Wilson and Lynch must be harbingers of the apocalypse.

I get it, you're frustrated with your team, but dude, blame your team, not the guys across the field who beat you with backups.
    "I'm gonna call him--what do you call the guy on the trampoline?--Harry Houdini or something like that." -Warren Moon on Golden Tate
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

• game /gām/Noun
    A form of play or sport, esp. a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength, or luck, not influenced unnaturally.

What's ironic is that even though Pete pulled Russell out right after halftime and put in other players at several different positions, we still scored at will. Are we just supposed to take a knee on every play and then hand them the ball to give them chance after chance to get in the game? Or maybe they should give each coach a white flag to surrender, just for these types of performances. Pete said in his interview about how they were literally giving reps to Matt having him run different plays to give him some game time since we could need Matt at any point. So basically by half time, we were running practice and still scoring.
    I know it is hard for any fan to watch their team lose in a shutout and I can totally relate to being bummed after a big loss, but if you want to talk classless, how about grown men representing your city and the fans, playing professional football, getting paid millions to train every day and they totally give up in the first quarter. This is the NFL and these guys get paid obscene dollars to play, they are not high school players and certainly not victims. Pete Carroll and the Seahawks are not guilty of anything except playing hard football, Maybe this kid should talk to his Cardinals about his misplaced feelings. Most Cardinal fans are good people, but I'll bet more than a few are pretty ticked about their team.

Here is my impersonation of the networks...."in other news, seahawks beat cardinals 58 to 0....AND NOW BACK TO RGIII and a story about his sprained knee"
    bobincovington
    NET Rookie

• This article is 4th grade school yard etiquette. This is professional football! Is one team supposed to take it easy on another simply because of their own ineptitude? If memory serves the Arizona Cardinals are a Professional football team, each player being payed handsomely (some more than others) for their services. They got paid to step into that Abattoir yesterday. In business would Google suddenly take it easy on Microsoft if they were soundly pummeling them? Better yet would they go softly on the employees who did so? Umm...no. That's my hard-ass line on this one.

Honestly I found myself feeling sorry for Fitz out there yesterday. Nobody wants to be on the receiving end of a drubbing like that, ever. But I would be willing to bet that if you had asked him if he wanted us to take it easy on them down the stretch, he would have smashed you in the mouth for even implying it.
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

• I highly doubt back in 1940 when there was a 73-0 game you were hearing such whiny babies. :428226_SadEmoticon:
    Kixkahn
    NET Veteran

• running up the score

OK we apologize that our back ups kicked your ass too
    warden
    NET Veteran

• What more could the Hawks have done? I mean yeah we may have thrown a couple times, but that was just to get Matt Flynn, who had not played all year, so action. And heck, from the 8 minute mark in the 3rd till the end of the game we had every single backup player in on offense. Not much more we could do and I am tired of people saying that we ran up the score, if we were the Patriots or Steelers people would be praising us one way or another, but because we are the Seahawks we get ridiculed and berated.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• Christ, first we were labled "soft" now we are too hard. I wrote my own sports show for a decade and know how hard it can become to come up with fresh material...but a smart writer needs to be conscious of looking like a dumbass, too. This guy missed the mark and likely missed the game as well. Noibody poured it on Zona. They made mistake after mistake and it is they that caused the lop-sidedness of this one. We just benefitted. I hope we beat Buffalo by 60 if they play the same crap ball.

If the writer wants something fresh...write about what a disgraceful performance Zona gave NFL fans, and that along with the ass-whupping, they should be jailed for impersonating a professional football team.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• This pisses me off. I actually decided to create an account, log in and reply to this clown. Here is what I said:

"Let's see here. The Seahawks pulled their starting quarterback and running back with 25 minutes to go in the game. After that they ran the ball more than 65 percent of their plays. Guess how many times they blitzed in the seconds half? Correct answer: zero. There were no trick plays. It was apparent to everybody at that stadium and watching on television that this could have been much, MUCH worse than it turned out to be for the Cardinals.
    This is game for big boys. Everybody on that field is payed good money to play. There is no competitive advantage like you see when Alabama plays Western Carolina. When that game gets out of hand there is a true beef. Not in the NFL. If you don't want to be embarrassed by the opponents then STOP THEM. And if a team puts out their backups and continues to lay the smack down on you then that's on you. What a joke.
    Oh and another thing, if you're Pete Carroll how do you tell Matt Flynn "Hey, this would be a good opportunity to get you some reps against live competition. Could be important in case Russell Wilson goes down and we need you late in the season or in the playoffs. Unfortunately, I feel really bad for that team in White and Red over there. They're probably really depressed so we're just going to have you hand off the ball on every play. Sorry Matt."

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

• Dear chump,

There are no participation points in the NFL. And if there were, the Cardinals would have lost those, too.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Looks like they updated the story:

DohBoy
    NET Starter

• Yup, we're classless pouts for emptying our bench in the third quarter. We should have told Matt Flynn and Leon Washington to not play hard.
    Reaneypark
    NET Veteran

• I don't approve of over-matched college teams getting blown out. This isn't college. These dudes get paid Huge to give their all and if that was Zona's all, they need to consider careers in Pro-wrestling, door security, brick laying or something else. The only thing classless about yesterday's affair was Arizona's play, not ours. They should all spit on each other.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• whats even more difficult to understand is why anyone would paste this article into a seahawks forum? my day would have succeeded as is had I not seen this article.

at least 50% of the seahawks bad press comes from this forum,meaning most of us would never see it if someone hadn't posted it here, why?

one has to wonder who those posters really are, fans? really?
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

• DohBoy wrote:Looks like they updated the story:

Kudos on this.
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• Talking heads fail to mention how the Cards couldn't even stop the 2's and 3's...no matter what Seattle does whether it be good or even great...it'll be be frowned upon. #12thManProblems

Their starters are PATHETIC, that organization should be blown up (as in start a rebuilding process). I'd prefer that they keep doing what they're doing, especially after reading that story about the Cards fan that got kicked out of the stadium for cheering during a game.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

LOL! at the dog and the "Marshawn" tweet! :lol:
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• Lol I think the funniest part of that picture is the fact that Pete has gotten all the coaches into his habit of wearing khaki pants and white sneakers.
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• This just in: Pooper Allen just changed his "professional" pen name to Sandy Bagina
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• lol this thread is awesome
    Galen96
    NET Veteran

This made my year.
    KitsapHawk
    NET Veteran

• ha, well if the cardinals were not such a joke its possible that they could have competed, oh well cry baby.
    SB 48 CHAMP HYPE BEAST
    beasthawk
    NET Veteran

• His response to one of the comments:

"My response is in the article itself. Please take your defensive Seahawks fan goggles off and read it again if you are going to comment. What is actually being said is different than most of the commenters are interpreting it. "

Like anybody who would be commenting didn't already lose enough brain cells while reading that drivel the first time.
    Bitter
    NET Veteran

• Guys a freakin douche!!!
    SeaWolv
    NET Starter

• I see the Patriots are winning 42 to 7 over the Houston Texans with just over 2 minutes to go... and they're still playing full speed with Tom Brady and all their starters in. Those bad Patriots beating that poor Houston team, they should let them catch up. That is such a low class move, I can't believe that they would do that...LOL

sorry, hope that is not out of line but I just had to do that

I think I have finally had a realization that even if the Seahawks had RG III or Luck and Russell was on the Redskins (I'm glad we have Russell), the media would still focus on the Redskins or other big market teams and our lowly Seahawks would get no love. Even so, I love the fight in our team and the players (and coaches), this is a great team to be a fan of, in a great town. Go Hawks!
    bobincovington
    NET Rookie

• Dohboy, Dohboy.

You sir, are a genius.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• @DohBoy: That is the hardest I have laughed at a thread. Ever. Amazing.
    SoCalHawk
    NET Practice Squad

Re:
Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:21 pm
  • CaptainSkybeard wrote:When they literally drop the ball right at your feet and there is a clear path to the endzone are you just supposed to take a knee? Wtf.

We might have looked good but it was on them they (insert here) suck
    Week 1 of the preseason vs. The Tennessee Titans, I said the Seahawks were winning the superbowl...

"Oh and by the way, Go Hawks!!!" Russel Wilson
    skater18000
    NET Veteran

• Zebulon Dak wrote:What a pussy.

Nahh, he ain't that good.
    Dweeb?, Dufus?, Pecker Head? yep!
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• Well if it's any consolation the Patriots made it a STATEMENT game tonight with the rout of the Texans where we just run up the score.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• warden wrote:running up the score

OK we apologize that our back ups kicked your ass too

Wisenheimer, er, Wisenhunt or whatever probably felt real bad about beating the Pete Carroll Seahawks last Year and earlier this Season while we were still developing, and searching for our iden-titty, but you know damned good and well he didn't, nor did his players.
    They didn't appologize when the asshole who sacked Matt Hasselbeck, then stuck his elbow in his throat,,Screw their crybaby asses, AND their fans.
    Fact is, I would love to have seen Russell Wilson get a couple more passing TD's to close the gap on Mannings Rookie Season record, and Pete showed a hell of a lot of class by not stomping them while they were down (guess it goes without saying I don't have any sympathy for those who snivel)
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:53 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information