"Seahawks Show No Class in 58-0 Rout of Arizona"

BobinLaConner

Reaction score
game /gām/Noun
A form of play or sport, esp. a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength, or luck, not influenced unnaturally.

What's ironic is that even though Pete pulled Russell out right after halftime and put in other players at several different positions, we still scored at will. Are we just supposed to take a knee on every play and then hand them the ball to give them chance after chance to get in the game? Or maybe they should give each coach a white flag to surrender, just for these types of performances. Pete said in his interview about how they were literally giving reps to Matt having him run different plays to give him some game time since we could need Matt at any point. So basically by half time, we were running practice and still scoring.
I know it is hard for any fan to watch their team lose in a shutout and I can totally relate to being bummed after a big loss, but if you want to talk classless, how about grown men representing your city and the fans, playing professional football, getting paid millions to train every day and they totally give up in the first quarter. This is the NFL and these guys get paid obscene dollars to play, they are not high school players and certainly not victims. Pete Carroll and the Seahawks are not guilty of anything except playing hard football, Maybe this kid should talk to his Cardinals about his misplaced feelings. Most Cardinal fans are good people, but I'll bet more than a few are pretty ticked about their team.

Here is my impersonation of the networks...."in other news, seahawks beat cardinals 58 to 0....AND NOW BACK TO RGIII and a story about his sprained knee"

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
This article is 4th grade school yard etiquette. This is professional football! Is one team supposed to take it easy on another simply because of their own ineptitude? If memory serves the Arizona Cardinals are a Professional football team, each player being payed handsomely (some more than others) for their services. They got paid to step into that Abattoir yesterday. In business would Google suddenly take it easy on Microsoft if they were soundly pummeling them? Better yet would they go softly on the employees who did so? Umm...no. That's my hard-ass line on this one.

Honestly I found myself feeling sorry for Fitz out there yesterday. Nobody wants to be on the receiving end of a drubbing like that, ever. But I would be willing to bet that if you had asked him if he wanted us to take it easy on them down the stretch, he would have smashed you in the mouth for even implying it.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
I highly doubt back in 1940 when there was a 73-0 game you were hearing such whiny babies. :428226_SadEmoticon:

warden

Reaction score
running up the score

OK we apologize that our back ups kicked your ass too

Blitzer88

Reaction score
What more could the Hawks have done? I mean yeah we may have thrown a couple times, but that was just to get Matt Flynn, who had not played all year, so action. And heck, from the 8 minute mark in the 3rd till the end of the game we had every single backup player in on offense. Not much more we could do and I am tired of people saying that we ran up the score, if we were the Patriots or Steelers people would be praising us one way or another, but because we are the Seahawks we get ridiculed and berated.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Christ, first we were labled "soft" now we are too hard. I wrote my own sports show for a decade and know how hard it can become to come up with fresh material...but a smart writer needs to be conscious of looking like a dumbass, too. This guy missed the mark and likely missed the game as well. Noibody poured it on Zona. They made mistake after mistake and it is they that caused the lop-sidedness of this one. We just benefitted. I hope we beat Buffalo by 60 if they play the same crap ball.

If the writer wants something fresh...write about what a disgraceful performance Zona gave NFL fans, and that along with the ass-whupping, they should be jailed for impersonating a professional football team.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
This pisses me off. I actually decided to create an account, log in and reply to this clown. Here is what I said:

"Let's see here. The Seahawks pulled their starting quarterback and running back with 25 minutes to go in the game. After that they ran the ball more than 65 percent of their plays. Guess how many times they blitzed in the seconds half? Correct answer: zero. There were no trick plays. It was apparent to everybody at that stadium and watching on television that this could have been much, MUCH worse than it turned out to be for the Cardinals.
This is game for big boys. Everybody on that field is payed good money to play. There is no competitive advantage like you see when Alabama plays Western Carolina. When that game gets out of hand there is a true beef. Not in the NFL. If you don't want to be embarrassed by the opponents then STOP THEM. And if a team puts out their backups and continues to lay the smack down on you then that's on you. What a joke.
Oh and another thing, if you're Pete Carroll how do you tell Matt Flynn "Hey, this would be a good opportunity to get you some reps against live competition. Could be important in case Russell Wilson goes down and we need you late in the season or in the playoffs. Unfortunately, I feel really bad for that team in White and Red over there. They're probably really depressed so we're just going to have you hand off the ball on every play. Sorry Matt."

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Dear chump,

There are no participation points in the NFL. And if there were, the Cardinals would have lost those, too.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Yup, we're classless pouts for emptying our bench in the third quarter. We should have told Matt Flynn and Leon Washington to not play hard.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I don't approve of over-matched college teams getting blown out. This isn't college. These dudes get paid Huge to give their all and if that was Zona's all, they need to consider careers in Pro-wrestling, door security, brick laying or something else. The only thing classless about yesterday's affair was Arizona's play, not ours. They should all spit on each other.

Twisted

Reaction score
whats even more difficult to understand is why anyone would paste this article into a seahawks forum? my day would have succeeded as is had I not seen this article.

at least 50% of the seahawks bad press comes from this forum,meaning most of us would never see it if someone hadn't posted it here, why?

one has to wonder who those posters really are, fans? really?

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Talking heads fail to mention how the Cards couldn't even stop the 2's and 3's...no matter what Seattle does whether it be good or even great...it'll be be frowned upon. #12thManProblems

Their starters are PATHETIC, that organization should be blown up (as in start a rebuilding process). I'd prefer that they keep doing what they're doing, especially after reading that story about the Cards fan that got kicked out of the stadium for cheering during a game.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Lol I think the funniest part of that picture is the fact that Pete has gotten all the coaches into his habit of wearing khaki pants and white sneakers.

dunceface

Reaction score
This just in: Pooper Allen just changed his "professional" pen name to Sandy Bagina

beasthawk

Reaction score
ha, well if the cardinals were not such a joke its possible that they could have competed, oh well cry baby.