What might've been.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
#1: Braylon Edwards holds onto that pass at the end of the 4th quarter at Arizona in week one.

#2: Seattle's defense stops the Lions from driving 80 yards at the end of the game.

#3: Seattle's offense doesn't stall at the 40 yard line in Miami and instead continue moving the ball for the winning FG/TD.

If those three things, all within the team's own control, happen then Seattle is 11-2 and the #1 seed in the playoffs right now.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
This team is scary good. With a couple pieces added in the offseason and another year together for a very young team, I don't see why we couldn't be contenders for many years to come.

cesame

Reaction score
It works both ways.

GB game - Refs rule it an interception like they should have
NE game - Seahawks don't make a miraculous comeback
CAR game - Newton doesn't completely choke on an easy go-ahead TD pass

Galen96

Reaction score
#4: If PC let's Russell play some football, you can add another W in there. the whole taking the foot off the gas has been a problem all year long. AZ couldn't get out of their own way yesterday.

If Russell throws a few more times a game, I'm certain the W/L looks WAY different.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
cesame":1r3o3m9b said:
It works both ways.

You forgot: Bears game - Matt Flynn calls heads....

HawksFTW

Reaction score
cesame":3s6ka3z0 said:
It works both ways.

Nope, in this game things only go one direction.

chris98251

Reaction score
If referees are not sucking off Bettis and the Steelers we have a Superbowl Trophy already.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
It works both ways.

#1 Green Bay Touchdownception doesn't happen (even though I think it was a legit catch, it was very close)

#2 Cam Newton throws the TD to wide open TE in the endzone, instead of short arming it

#3 Russell Wilson is unable to get the comeback win in New England, Tom Brady drives down the field for the gamewinner and we aren't able to stop him, OR something as simple as the intentional grounding on Brady at the end of the 1st half isn't called and they kick a field goal.

#4 Russell Wilson is unable to make a game winning drive against Chi, or we lose the coin toss in OT.

We've gotten our fair share of breaks, and hopefully talent starts taking over and we don't need breaks to win.

8-5 is a freaking awesome record anyways. I know 11-2 is even awesomer, but 8-5 OMG!!! :mrgreen:

HawksFTW

Reaction score
hawksfan515":yjx02dtp said:
It works both ways.

#1 Green Bay Touchdownception doesn't happen (even though I think it was a legit catch, it was very close)

#2 Cam Newton throws the TD to wide open TE in the endzone, instead of short arming it

#3 Russell Wilson is unable to get the comeback win in New England, Tom Brady drives down the field for the gamewinner and we aren't able to stop him, OR something as simple as the intentional grounding on Brady at the end of the 1st half isn't called and they kick a field goal.

#4 Russell Wilson is unable to make a game winning drive against Chi, or we lose the coin toss in OT.

We've gotten our fair share of breaks, and hopefully talent starts taking over and we don't need breaks to win.

8-5 is a freaking awesome record anyways. I know 11-2 is even awesomer, but 8-5 OMG!!! :mrgreen:

HawksFTW":yjx02dtp said:
Nope, in this game things only go one direction.

nwgamer

Reaction score
Or just maybe someone would have thought to find all the rams players that were supposed to be on the field for that fateful fake ...

zhawk

Reaction score
I believe you make your own luck with hard work

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I'm just saying that this team is only a couple of plays away from being the best in the NFC right now.

grizbob

Reaction score
And if I'd only played 3 different numbers on Powerball I'd own every one of you :mrgreen:

kearly

Reaction score
I think there is a very good case to be made that Seattle should have a better record than they currently own.

First, they are undefeated in games that weren't close. 4-0.

Second, for a team that is 4-0 in non-close games, shouldn't they be better than 4-5 in close games?

Third, DVOA had Seattle down for 9.7 estimated wins BEFORE the Cardinals game. So by FO's numbers, Seattle deserved almost 3 wins more than they had. That number will likely skyrocket after a 58-0 blowout. Look for Seattle to be potentially #1 in weighted DVOA tomorrow.

sturg78

Reaction score
I think about that, but I always come to the same conclusion: I am sooooo happy with our team presently that I wouldn't want things to change. That is, who knows if the players play inspired against Chi if we don't lose to Mia. Who knows if piling on a bunch of wins causes a lack of growth and a late season collapse. If all the wins turned out the same, hell yeah give me those close ones, but we can't be sure that would be the case.

Bottom line, if your happy with where you are right now, you have to be happy with the way you got here.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
kearly":2kqkajit said:
I think there is a very good case to be made that Seattle should have a better record than they currently own.

First, they are undefeated in games that weren't close. 4-0.

Second, for a team that is 4-0 in non-close games, shouldn't they be better than 4-5 in close games?

Third, DVOA had Seattle down for 9.7 estimated wins BEFORE the Cardinals game. So by FO's numbers, Seattle deserved almost 3 wins more than they had. That number will likely skyrocket after a 58-0 blowout. Look for Seattle to be potentially #1 in weighted DVOA tomorrow.

Football Outsiders said that the Hawks will either be #1 or #2 in normal DVOA, maybe #1 weighted.

Latest posts