Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:34 pm 
*Net Enemy Forum Guy*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:39 am
Posts: 2630
Location: Arlington, Washington
Has anybody else noticed this? It seems every time Russ is interviewed after a game or whatever, the last thing he always barks as he walks away from the interviewer is "GO HAWKS!" I know it's just a stupid little thing, but name another Seahawks player that does that, or has done that... It just speaks volumes to me that the Seahawks are HIS team, and he is on board and proud to be here. God I love this kid... SO much. I hope he spends his entire career here.

_________________
Image

A Blue Buzz-Saw has emerged from the Pacific Northwest. Prepare, NFL.

SEAHAWKS, 2014. Coming soon...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:35 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:11 pm
Posts: 1971
Most of us are already aware of this but I still approve this post by you

Go hawks!

_________________
Richard Sherman to Skip Bayless: "I'm tired of your ignorant pollution!"

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:40 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:09 pm
Posts: 3408
You dont say!?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:43 pm 
*Net Enemy Forum Guy*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:39 am
Posts: 2630
Location: Arlington, Washington
Did I miss the week where everybody talked about this ad-nauseum? :34853_doh:

Damnit! :lol:

Still cool though...

_________________
Image

A Blue Buzz-Saw has emerged from the Pacific Northwest. Prepare, NFL.

SEAHAWKS, 2014. Coming soon...


Last edited by BlueThunder on Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:45 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:04 pm
Posts: 798
Location: Behind you
BlueThunder wrote:
Did I miss the week where everybody talked about this ad-nauseum? :34853_doh:


Yes. :D

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:56 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6373
Here's another reason to love him...every week he's at the Seattle Children's hospital.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:56 pm 
* NET E-Knight *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:06 am
Posts: 4157
BlueThunder wrote:
Did I miss the week where everybody talked about this ad-nauseum? :34853_doh:

Damnit! :lol:

Still cool though...


Yes, week 3 of the preseason. No joke.

_________________
cboom wrote:
Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:01 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22746
Location: Kirkland, WA
Chiming in to get a word against Blue before he begs a mod to delete the thread to save his perceived image.

JUST KIDDING. :lol:

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:04 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:38 am
Posts: 2006
Location: Graham, WA
Yep, been doing it since he was drafted and became know during pre-season interviews. But I'm sure you are not the only one.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:14 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:15 am
Posts: 2296
Kids the Real Deal!

_________________
#NEXTMANUP


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:17 pm 
*Net Enemy Forum Guy*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:39 am
Posts: 2630
Location: Arlington, Washington
It was probably a week after a loss. I tend to disappear after losses to ward off the negative vibes. And Roland... Oh, never mind! :tomato: <--- Roland

_________________
Image

A Blue Buzz-Saw has emerged from the Pacific Northwest. Prepare, NFL.

SEAHAWKS, 2014. Coming soon...


Last edited by BlueThunder on Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:20 pm 
* NET E-Knight *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:06 am
Posts: 4157
BlueThunder wrote:
It was probably a week after a loss. I tend to disappear after losses to ward off the negative vibes. And Roland... Oh, never mind! :tomato:


It was right after the KC preseason game, when everyone was anointing Wilson the savior of the franchise.

_________________
cboom wrote:
Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:23 pm 
*Net Enemy Forum Guy*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:39 am
Posts: 2630
Location: Arlington, Washington
HawksFTW wrote:
It was right after the KC preseason game, when everyone was anointing Wilson the savior of the franchise.


Ah, that explains it. I was still stupidly on the Flynn bandwagon. Probably just ignored all the Wilson threads... :D

_________________
Image

A Blue Buzz-Saw has emerged from the Pacific Northwest. Prepare, NFL.

SEAHAWKS, 2014. Coming soon...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:40 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:21 pm
Posts: 307
Location: Vantucky, WA
-The Glove- wrote:
Here's another reason to love him...every week he's at the Seattle Children's hospital.



Here's a brief video of a visit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sskzPpvr3e4


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:00 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9848
RW is awesome. I like the fact he doesn't drone on and on about his "faith". He mentions he believes in his faith and leaves it at that without going into a Tebowesque evangelistic rant about religion. Not a fan of the in your face religious types in sports and RW is not one of those.

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:39 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22746
Location: Kirkland, WA
Sports Hernia wrote:
RW is awesome. I like the fact he doesn't drone on and on about his "faith". He mentions he believes in his faith and leaves it at that without going into a Tebowesque evangelistic rant about religion. Not a fan of the in your face religious types in sports and RW is not one of those.


I could do with less bible verses on his Twitter account, but it's not a huge deal. What I like far more about this is his lack of thanking God for all his fortune in every video interview. That makes me want to :pukeface:

Back to the topic at hand, every time he ends an interview with "Go Hawks!", my bromance belt notches itself one hole tighter. I do believe that belt wouldn't fit around an anorexic chick's pinky finger right now.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:10 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6373
Mandu wrote:
-The Glove- wrote:
Here's another reason to love him...every week he's at the Seattle Children's hospital.



Here's a brief video of a visit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sskzPpvr3e4

My friend works there and is a big Hawks fan. Unfortunately he's in a building that RW doesn't frequent and his colleagues always rub it in his face that they met RW.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:12 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:14 pm
Posts: 651
BlueThunder wrote:
Has anybody else noticed this? It seems every time Russ is interviewed after a game or whatever, the last thing he always barks as he walks away from the interviewer is "GO HAWKS!" I know it's just a stupid little thing, but name another Seahawks player that does that, or has done that... It just speaks volumes to me that the Seahawks are HIS team, and he is on board and proud to be here. God I love this kid... SO much. I hope he spends his entire career here.



this post is creepy.

gotta be honest, it's the item that bothers me actually , his interviewing. so Richie Cunningham. and with robotic head turns while talking. thank god it doesn't matter.

I'm sorry, just can't bs this one.


Last edited by hawkfan1975 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:16 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13451
Location: King In The North
hawkfan1975 wrote:
BlueThunder wrote:
Has anybody else noticed this? It seems every time Russ is interviewed after a game or whatever, the last thing he always barks as he walks away from the interviewer is "GO HAWKS!" I know it's just a stupid little thing, but name another Seahawks player that does that, or has done that... It just speaks volumes to me that the Seahawks are HIS team, and he is on board and proud to be here. God I love this kid... SO much. I hope he spends his entire career here.



this post is creepy.


No it isn't.

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:18 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:14 pm
Posts: 651
again, it doesn't matter (interviewing). just keep up the gameplay.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:29 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:11 am
Posts: 1018
Location: Utah
I now end every conversation, personal and professional, with...Go Hawks!

I challenge each one of you to do the same.


Last edited by rjdriver on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:43 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am
Posts: 2878
rjdriver wrote:
I know end every conversation, personal and professional, with...Go Hawks!

I challenge each one of you to do the same.

Where's YOUR.... Go Hawks!!

Jeesh, walk the talk, dude.


GO HAWKS!!

_________________
EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

Moved to Seattle in 1980. Hawks fan for 34 years and counting.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:18 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:35 pm
Posts: 810
Location: Canby, OR
Actually it does matter. It shows that he is buying in to the Franchise just like a fan does, imo.

Also, as far as the visits to the Children's Hospital, that seriously chokes me up. My wife is a pediatric nurse here in Portland, and I've probably mentioned it before. I attended a funeral for a little girl that had finally succumbed to cancer. I honestly barely made it through. I told her I can't go back to something like that. She tells me stories all the time about what goes on there.

It is cool that it's something that he has prioritized. What a way to stay grounded and be a hero for these kids. So many athletes run from being a role model and he embraces it. He sets a high standard and it appears that he lives up to it. I also love the fact that this is the first I have heard of the visits to the Children Hospital.

I'm going to buy my son (maybe both) a Russell Wilson jersey (they both are big fans at 2 and 5). Fact is, my oldest son told me the other day that he wants a Russell Wilson Jersey and Russell Wilson Helmet. I asked him what he would rather have a Wilson Jersey or a Wii Game (which he has been hounding me for). He says, "I don't know, I can't decide, uh, maybe (with a spreading Cheshire cat grin), uh, both!!"

Also love that he is a man of faith. So, yes, Go Hawks!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:32 pm 
*Net Enemy Forum Guy*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:39 am
Posts: 2630
Location: Arlington, Washington
hawkfan1975 wrote:
gotta be honest, it's the item that bothers me actually , his interviewing. so Richie Cunningham. and with robotic head turns while talking. thank god it doesn't matter. I'm sorry, just can't bs this one.


Hmmm... This out-creeps my non-creepyness... Guess I'll stop there.

And with that, an impromptu death-metal guitar solo... :thRocks:

_________________
Image

A Blue Buzz-Saw has emerged from the Pacific Northwest. Prepare, NFL.

SEAHAWKS, 2014. Coming soon...


Last edited by BlueThunder on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:36 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:46 am
Posts: 2645
I want to adopt Russell Wilson. "Yep, that's my son Russell. He's doin BIG things up in Seattle that boy of mine. He makes me and his momma proud." :)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:28 pm 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
Posts: 8830
Location: Granite Falls, WA
Go Bluethunder!

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:29 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6373
Starrman44 wrote:
Actually it does matter. It shows that he is buying in to the Franchise just like a fan does, imo.

Also, as far as the visits to the Children's Hospital, that seriously chokes me up. My wife is a pediatric nurse here in Portland, and I've probably mentioned it before. I attended a funeral for a little girl that had finally succumbed to cancer. I honestly barely made it through. I told her I can't go back to something like that. She tells me stories all the time about what goes on there.

It is cool that it's something that he has prioritized. What a way to stay grounded and be a hero for these kids. So many athletes run from being a role model and he embraces it. He sets a high standard and it appears that he lives up to it. I also love the fact that this is the first I have heard of the visits to the Children Hospital.

I'm going to buy my son (maybe both) a Russell Wilson jersey (they both are big fans at 2 and 5). Fact is, my oldest son told me the other day that he wants a Russell Wilson Jersey and Russell Wilson Helmet. I asked him what he would rather have a Wilson Jersey or a Wii Game (which he has been hounding me for). He says, "I don't know, I can't decide, uh, maybe (with a spreading Cheshire cat grin), uh, both!!"

Also love that he is a man of faith. So, yes, Go Hawks!!


About the Children's Hospital visits. I hear ya, man. One reason why I could never work in the health field closely is because stuff like that touches me too much. I've never heard of the visits, so obviously its not a PR move like you see a lot (not that its a bad thing since they're still in the end contributing to a good cause.) Like I said, I only heard of it cuz a friend works there and hears of the visits from coworkers all the time.

Tim Ruskell would love this guy!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:33 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:14 pm
Posts: 651
BlueThunder wrote:
hawkfan1975 wrote:
gotta be honest, it's the item that bothers me actually , his interviewing. so Richie Cunningham. and with robotic head turns while talking. thank god it doesn't matter. I'm sorry, just can't bs this one.


Hmmm... This out-creeps my non-creepyness... Guess I'll stop there.

And with that, an impromptu death-metal guitar solo... :thRocks:


No, our qb is fantastic. I don't know, just not a fan of the interviewing yet.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:36 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13451
Location: King In The North
I ♥ Russell Wilson.

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:32 am 
NET Bench Warmer
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:27 am
Posts: 39
Wilson is a dream come true for this team. We could not have asked for a better QB. He will go down as one of the greats. Especially aftera ll these buster ass Steelers/Cowboys Commentators retire!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:06 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22746
Location: Kirkland, WA
Zebulon Dak wrote:
I ♥ Russell Wilson.

He's mine. Get your filthy hands off of him.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:07 am 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13451
Location: King In The North
RolandDeschain wrote:
Zebulon Dak wrote:
I ♥ Russell Wilson.

He's mine. Get your filthy hands off of him.


He really likes to spread the ball around so we should be ok.

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:09 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22746
Location: Kirkland, WA
Zebulon Dak wrote:
RolandDeschain wrote:
Zebulon Dak wrote:
I ♥ Russell Wilson.

He's mine. Get your filthy hands off of him.


He really likes to spread the ball around so we should be ok.

Fine; but you're always second, ok?

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:30 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:46 am
Posts: 2645
Stand down. He's got his career he needs to focus on right now. His muse is the Seattle Seahawks and winning a championship not fiddling around with .Net whores.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:16 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:04 am
Posts: 424
On the intros to the Niners game, I hope RW says that his school is NC Consin, BadgerPacks, or "Wisconsin via NC State", or something diplomatic. He graduated from my Alma Mater, NC State, and participated in Senior Day, then we didn't take him back for his last year of eligibility after he missed spring practice with baseball and he transferred to Wisconsin to light it up. I'm curious how he handles the intros since he's the ultimate politician and tries to make everyone happy.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:58 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
Posts: 7708
Location: Surrounded by Elway, Tebow, and Manning jerseys
Yeah, his random interviews with talking heads are usually as bland as possible. He never gives away anything, gives the opponents anything to work with, etc. They're completely uninteresting and cliche. His more in-depth interviews tend to be a little more interesting, but it's clear that he's worked on his on-air persona. He's got a role to play, and he knows it. He's not going to be one of the colorful characters of the NFL. He's going to be the professional. Think about guys like Manning, for example. Manning's been in the league 15 years and you could probably count the interesting things he's said in post-game comments on one hand.

So, basically, I see Wilson's interviews as pretty much boilerplate. He gives the "NFL franchise QB" soundbytes, with a little custom "Go Hawks" thrown in at the end for the fans. And that's perfectly fine. I don't want him creating a media circus with his interviews. I don't want him giving other teams bulletin board material. I just want him to make plays and continue to show improvement during his time in Seattle.

_________________
Image

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:05 am 
NET Practice Squad
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:24 am
Posts: 59
KitsapHawk wrote:
BlueThunder wrote:
Did I miss the week where everybody talked about this ad-nauseum? :34853_doh:


Yes. :D



He's a class act. The Seahawks, and the city of Seattle are lucky to have him.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:20 am 
* Gangnameister *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
Posts: 11083
Location: PoCompton, BC Canada
I think he'll loosen up in time and be a little less robotic in his interviews as he gets a little more seasoned. I doubt he'll ever be Matt Hass with the jokey jokey stuff, but I think he'll get to a point where he's maybe like Brady; real with the occasional quip, but not too terribly open. I can live with that. We have Sherman if we need a sound bite.

Go hawks.

_________________
I <3 Nunchucks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:23 am 
NET Veteran
Online

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 3077
Location: Anchorage, AK
Starrman44 wrote:
Actually it does matter. It shows that he is buying in to the Franchise just like a fan does, imo.

Also, as far as the visits to the Children's Hospital, that seriously chokes me up. My wife is a pediatric nurse here in Portland, and I've probably mentioned it before. I attended a funeral for a little girl that had finally succumbed to cancer. I honestly barely made it through. I told her I can't go back to something like that. She tells me stories all the time about what goes on there.

It is cool that it's something that he has prioritized. What a way to stay grounded and be a hero for these kids. So many athletes run from being a role model and he embraces it. He sets a high standard and it appears that he lives up to it. I also love the fact that this is the first I have heard of the visits to the Children Hospital.

I'm going to buy my son (maybe both) a Russell Wilson jersey (they both are big fans at 2 and 5). Fact is, my oldest son told me the other day that he wants a Russell Wilson Jersey and Russell Wilson Helmet. I asked him what he would rather have a Wilson Jersey or a Wii Game (which he has been hounding me for). He says, "I don't know, I can't decide, uh, maybe (with a spreading Cheshire cat grin), uh, both!!"

Also love that he is a man of faith. So, yes, Go Hawks!!


Cheaper to get them a Wilson football :D and they won't grow out of it!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:25 am 
NET Veteran
Online

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 3077
Location: Anchorage, AK
CANHawk wrote:
I think he'll loosen up in time and be a little less robotic in his interviews as he gets a little more seasoned. I doubt he'll ever be Matt Hass with the jokey jokey stuff, but I think he'll get to a point where he's maybe like Brady; real with the occasional quip, but not too terribly open. I can live with that. We have Sherman if we need a sound bite.

Go hawks.


I can live with him being like Bellicheck or a mute as long as he keeps getting better and winning football games. It is fun when players say things that you can quote like jets players - yeah my kids names are hmmm hmmmm ooops

but I really couldn't care less how they are for interviews. I care what they do on the field. If they do good things off the field then great they are good people and i will like them more but if they are good or bad in an interview setting - don't care......


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:27 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10046
In the Mooch interview, when Mooch asked for a play call for a touchdown pass, and Wilson said no, I can't give away a play call, it was instant. mooch was stroking the vanity to get a little good TV, and Wilson said nope.

The little guy does talk in cliches, but the best part? He actually believes that stuff. He might have more positivity than Pete.

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:26 pm 
*Net Enemy Forum Guy*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:39 am
Posts: 2630
Location: Arlington, Washington
His coming was foretold by the holy scriptures of the NFL Football....

Image


I suppose I'm late to that one too huh?

_________________
Image

A Blue Buzz-Saw has emerged from the Pacific Northwest. Prepare, NFL.

SEAHAWKS, 2014. Coming soon...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:28 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
Posts: 5208
Location: Battle Ground, Washington
BlueThunder wrote:
His coming was foretold by the holy scriptures of the NFL Football.... "Wilson"

Image


I suppose I'm late to that one too huh?


lol I heard someone mention it earlier, sorry Blue.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:33 pm 
*Net Enemy Forum Guy*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:39 am
Posts: 2630
Location: Arlington, Washington
Damnit! lol

_________________
Image

A Blue Buzz-Saw has emerged from the Pacific Northwest. Prepare, NFL.

SEAHAWKS, 2014. Coming soon...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:49 pm 
I'M JIMMY!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
Posts: 4315
Location: Auburn, WA
It took me a while to believe he was going to be the real deal but his attitude from day one had me sold on him as a person. He says all the right things, is the coolest customer EVER and just obviously works hard. The guy beat out Matt Flynn who didn't do anything wrong and actually looked like a great upgrade over TJack. That didn't just happen by being a nice guy.

Wilson is the man, he is the real deal and he is a proud Hawk. How could anyone not like the guy?

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:07 pm 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
Posts: 8857
Location: Covington, Washington
Speaking of Manning quotes, that "Liquoured up kicker" line was a classic. But yes, Wilson is a measured interview. Comes with the job. Definitely don't want him claiming the Seahawks are the Dream Team.

_________________
Image
Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:22 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:29 am
Posts: 5583
Location: Not Umatilla, Oregon
loafoftatupu wrote:
Wilson is the man, he is the real deal and he is a proud Hawk. How could anyone not like the guy?


Because Wilson is the worst QB the Seahawks have ever had, and I'm old enough to have seen them all!

_________________
Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:01 am 
NET Practice Squad
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:57 pm
Posts: 91
Seriously, this guy's 100% awesome. He barely seems like a real person. The cynic in me expects a news reports any day now uncovering a thousand corpses in his basement.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another little reason to love Wilson...
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:26 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:48 pm
Posts: 1852
Location: Oklahoma City
LusciousJames wrote:
Seriously, this guy's 100% awesome. He barely seems like a real person. The cynic in me expects a news reports any day now uncovering a thousand corpses in his basement.


Even then, I think Zeb or Roland would claim responsibility so that RW could keep playing.

_________________
Tokadub wrote:
I'm telling you guys Bennett is super overrated he's gonna be a piece of dino poo next season and I'm gonna LOL.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.