Some new raw stats after the Cardinals game

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Scoring Defense - 15.5 pts/gm - #2 in the league behind only San Fran
    Passing Defense - 196 yds/gm - Tied for #3 in the league with the Jets
    Defense Interception - 14 - Tied for #10 in the league
    Defensive Sacks - 32 - Tied for #10 in the league (with the 49ers)
    Defensive Passing TD's - #1 in the league only giving up 12 on the season
    Rushing Defense - 105.4 - #10 in the league
    Defensive Rushing TD's - #6 in the league tied with Eagles and Giants
    Defensive Forced Fumbles - Tied for #7 in the league
    Turnover Ratio - #5 in the league at +8

I was pleasantly surprised with our Passing Defense being rated so high, with everyone complaining so much about it earlier in the season.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• Wins - 8 Tied for #9 in the league

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

• IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:Wins - 8 Tied for #9 in the league

Hahaha nice. - Touche'
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• 49ers have 32 sacks, and Aldon Smith has like 20 of them!
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• Also, our point differential just skyrocketed. Winning 58-0 will do that!
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• Heh. Turnover ratio basically all from the last game.
    formido
    NET Starter

• Defense
    #3 in NFL, yards/game
    #2 in NFL, pts/game

Amazing.

Remember years ago when we'd dream of having a Top 10 defense?
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:Wins - 8 Tied for #9 in the league

I actually don't quite get your point. Are you not aware that it's long since been proven that other stats besides won/loss record are far better predictors of future success? Research shows that won/loss record is affected to a very significant degree by chance because of the small sample of games during the course of the season. For an obvious example this year, Russell Wilson had two QBR scores in the top 40 this year year where Seattle still lost the game. This almost never happens, but sometimes it does, due to bad luck.

Or are you saying that despite clear evidence that the Seahawks are very, very good, the accident of the variance in our current won/loss record will cause us to miss an opportunity at the championship? This doesn't seem right either. Football Outsiders had our chances of making the playoffs at like 78%, I think, before this last win. It should be even higher now.
    formido
    NET Starter

• formido wrote:
    IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:Wins - 8 Tied for #9 in the league

I actually don't quite get your point. Are you not aware that it's long since been proven that other stats besides won/loss record are far better predictors of future success? Research shows that won/loss record is affected to a very significant degree by chance because of the small sample of games during the course of the season. For an obvious example this year, Russell Wilson had two QBR scores in the top 40 this year year where Seattle still lost the game. This almost never happens, but sometimes it does, due to bad luck.

Or are you saying that despite clear evidence that the Seahawks are very, very good, the accident of the variance in our current won/loss record will cause us to miss an opportunity at the championship? This doesn't seem right either. Football Outsiders had our chances of making the playoffs at like 78%, I think, before this last win. It should be even higher now.

I think the point was all the stats were listed but the one that keeps us in the hunt.

Prior to fantasy football most of that stuff would have been ignored if even visible.
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• The point of the original post was to show where we stand in raw stats. No more no less. Not trying to prove some formula shows us we are better than the raw stats say. Some of them surprised me a little, so I thought I'd share them. And, I disagree with Les, prior to Fantasy, ALL those stats were discussed and considered valuable. Frankly, none of those have anything to do with Fantasy Football.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• Nice work Jazz :)
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• Nasty nasty D. Yesterday was an example (against a terrible team) of what happens when all 3 facets of our team plays well. 1st it was the D being stellar, then the O stepped up and the D had a few let downs, now (yesterday) we had everyone playing to their ability and we may have "broken the cardinal franchise", as someone said yesterday.
    sturg78
    NET Veteran

• sturg78 wrote:Nasty nasty D. Yesterday was an example (against a terrible team) of what happens when all 3 facets of our team plays well. 1st it was the D being stellar, then the O stepped up and the D had a few let downs, now (yesterday) we had everyone playing to their ability and we may have "broken the cardinal franchise", as someone said yesterday.

add a cup of luck to that recipe
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

MrCarey
    NET Veteran

• LOL! MrCarey that is hilarious!
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• OMG, that is effin hilarious. Laughing tears.
    Welcome to Mr. Wilson's Magic Show
    Strong safety Kam Chancellor, a 6-foot-3, 232-pound rhinoceros in cleats.....REED ALBERGOTTI
    Put them together, and this long-limbed, fleet-a-foot foursome forms a formidable force. ....Clare Farnsworth referencing the "Legion of Boom"
    oregonhawkfan
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

It is currently Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:17 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information