Time to spread some Holiday cheer and stroke some ego's.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • I did this last year in the shack and got a lot of good responses and good thoughts so i thought i'd try it in the main forum this year. At least until Pehawk starts humping Absolute's leg and I have to move it to the shack.

This is your chance to show some appreciation and spread some love for the posters and the people who make you come to this site. Give a shout out, stroke some ego's and make your favorite posters feel good. This site is literally my home when i'm at home. I'm just a single dude with no kids or responsibility so i'm always here. I love everybody on this site and everybody here helps to make it the best site on the internet. I sincerely thank all of you, but want to give a special thanks to some in a few different categories:

The "must reads": Pehawk, Scotteemojo, nycoug, zebulan dak, scutterhawk. Smart, funny and clever. Whenever I see their names pop up they're the first thing i read. Keep doing what you do.

The "smart guys": Kearly, Montanahawk, Sharkhawk, FlyingGreg: Some of you use way too many words and I admit I dont read all of them but rather skim through, but I appreciate greatly the things I do read from you. Thanks for taking the time and doing the work.

The "gentlemen and a lady (I think)": DrDiags, Hawkstorian, sc85cis: Sometimes you get drowned out in the sea of insanity but thanks for bringing some levelheadedness to the discussion and for trying to class up the joint.

The "Wish you posted more": Seatown81, Snohomie, IHateSleeves, Jerhawk: None of you guys are as active as you used to be, but I really appreciate what you have to say when you do participate.

Lastly, "The Top Men": Aros, Rockhawk, Anguish and all the present and past mods and admins. Thank you for this site and for always keeping it running smoothly. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

<3 JSeahawks

I'm sure i'm forgetting some favorites, and to those I didnt mention I promise I like you even more then the very best 49er fan.

Now its your turn. Spread some appreciation and love for your fellow posters.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• I would like to thank Lockon for being such a good sport and influence in our chatrooms, he really helped keep us in check when we are calling for Matt Flynn to take the field. I just wish BellingerGA wasn't such a Flynn homer and would have let him voice his opinion more. Oh well. Though Bellinger maybe have killed Lockon, his spirit lives on in all of us. :sob_story:

:sarcasm_on:

You all make up the Best Fan forum I have encountered on the interwebz, no one knows how to do it like .NET!
    Thanks Anguish Aros Rock J Sailor Radish Abs Sad and any admins I have missed for making this place what it is.
    Kearly and his awesome game breakdowns, and to everyone eager to share news with us to keep us the most informed fans in the NFL, whether its the Seahawks or the Niners.

Sac for his Avatar

"God Bless America, And God Bless the Seattle Seahawks(NET)" -Cortez
    KitsapHawk
    NET Veteran

• i always love reading kearlys random thoughts and bluethunders for his enemy fan forums. the guy with a raptor riding a shark in his avator always has some interesting posts and alot of other people that add a great personality to this forum
    AnchoviesofTerror
    NET Starter

• I just wanna say AnchoviesofTerror has the best name on .net
    blue 22
    NET Veteran

• I always get excited when I see the Social Media Snake Oil avatar in a thread I'm reading, although I must say I preferred the Osama Bean Laden avatar from before. Scott often makes better observations than I do in fewer words with a better sense of humor to boot.

JSeahawks is basically the ambassador of the draft forum. He keeps it from being almost dead this time of year.

I am a fan of English's stuff obviously, and I really like '81 and Montana for their ability to lay a hard truth bare (though usually with people more than anything). If making a point was a baseball metaphor, they would be the heavy sluggers of the forum- adept at putting the ball on the sweet spot of the bat. Or hitting the nail on the head, if you prefer.

And whoever linked the disrespectful Jets fans video in some thread, that guy deserves an award. I've watched it probably 30 times now. Probably more than that actually.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• Nobody else? Everyone else is a bunch of Scrooge's?
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Endzorn, for warming my heart even though he makes me the 2nd best looking man on .Net
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

• i'd like to give a shout out to Radish... the gentleman scholar of the board..
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• And pehawk for making me not the ugliest guy here.

And Aros for making me not the baldest guy here.

And Largent80 for making me not the creepiest guy here.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

• AbsolutNET wrote:And pehawk for making me not the ugliest guy here.

Hilarious!
    YaktownHawK
    NET Veteran

• Ill say CanHawk for cracking me up with nearly every post. Love everyone else mentioned above too. Thanks all!
    "I want to drink Ranier Beer out of a mug made from Jim harbaugh's hollowed out skull." CANHAWK
    sam1313
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• I find myself agreeing with Volsunghawk way too much to be healthy.

Hawkscanner is doing some fine breakdown work, lately.

HawksFTW's posts are always great fun. They're excessively sarcastic, dry, and aloof when they're not spot on.

And to everyone who posts in the Shack with regularity, I love you all. (Montana, CAN, Jester, Sailor, Absolut, and on and on.) You make this place tolerable after losses.

Sadhappy needs to get his ass in gear, again, though. Miss his regular posts.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• AbsolutNET wrote:And pehawk for making me not the ugliest guy here.

There aint nothin wrong with 2nd place.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Shout out to Throwdown, SNDavidson, and Zebulon Dak for always providing me with some good laughs.

I'm pretty new here, but I just wanna say what a great community this is. All you guys kick ass.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• I log in all the time just to read Scottemojo's posts. That dude is witty, urbane, and handsome. I'd do him.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• i think new comer jack_patera is really putting out some good well-thought...oh wait...that's me...
    jack_patera
    NET Rookie

• Mutual appreciation thread time already? My, time flies. :D
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• I'd like to thank JSeahawks for keeping me glued to the edge of my seat last year come recruiting time (we got Shaq!) and, in general, keeping the NCAA forum alive and pumping during the draft offseason.

And for not listing me in his shout-outs above, forever damaging my admittedly fragile sense of self-worth.

I'm a huge fan of kearly and English's writings as well, and always appreciate what they bring to the table. Kearly doing what he does helps put even the worst losses in perspective, so it's much appreciated.

Thanks to Largent80 for introducing me to a bunch of you guys at Baxter's back when I was like nine.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

• There are a few folks whose posts I always look forward to reading...

Sarlacc, Scottemojo, Montana, Kearly - I don't always agree with everything they post, but I always respect the logic and thought they put into their posts.

Love reading Snohomie's and English's takes on the draft.

Even though I've butted heads with amill87, Hasselbeck, and FlyingGreg, I always like reading their takes on things (and I've noticed a few times when we've agreed with each other... gasp!).

Can't forget Sac, Zeb, and pehawk for the hilarious reminders not to take things so seriously.

And now I'm sure I'll have forgotten someone and will feel like crap as a result. Thanks a lot for the stupid thread, J.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• I miss VernDog.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• I love all you b*stards (and b*astardettes)! Like, for real.

This is easily the best Seahawk head-shed online. I used to be a regular contributor in some other forums, but the quality of posting and opinions here is second to none. I don't even bother checking out any other forum.

:th2thumbs:
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• I hate you all equally.
    If you're walking on thin ice, you might as well dance.................................................Mom
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *
    * El Primo *

• Shoutout to Blitzer88 for always posting on topic. It's refreshing to see everyone go off topic 7 pages in and then see Blitzer respond to the actual thread question lol
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• I'd like to give a very special thanks to Aros, and the Mods for running an excellent site. Especially Radish for the constant PM reminders that I can't drop the f-bomb on the main board (i always forget)

I'd like to thank , Throw and Roland for being so much fun in the game day chat, and Bellingerga for un-banning me so quickly that one time he thought I was "lockon" and insta-banned me...

CAN, and Jester of course for being hilarious and of course Zeb for being the sexiest half man/wookie I have ever had the pleasure of interacting with.

Peaches is ok too
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• I, being someone who has lurked for hours a day, 365 days a year, for many years,
    would like to thank ALL posters on this forum. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Without you, I wouldn't know what to do with myself. And I Dam sure know, i would NOT be as thoroughly entertained.

Thank You All!!!

:th2thumbs:
    jerristar
    NET Bench Warmer

• PeHawk is taking reach arounds for all that want to pay homage.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

• Shoutout to skater180000 for making us all realize Kam was supposed hitter tackler.

In all seriousness, thanks to all the mods mostly for keeping this place up and cleaning out the garbage. 90% of the time this is a great place to discuss sports, and the other 10% I just go to the shack.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• Greenhell wrote:PeHawk is taking reach arounds

Fixed that for you. ;)
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• I hate all of you like a brother and sister, but would defend anyone of you to the hilt if someone outside the family came in and attacked anyone.

I look at this board as the Rosaenne show of the internet, we have a lot of internal issues but are ahead of the curve as far as breaking ground on all aspects of the Seahawks. As dysfunctionally functional as we can be it is always a breath of fresh air to come here daily and see the best of all of you even at your worst.

A favorite is a hard line to sell, everyone that posts regulary has something to offer and their own insight and contributions. Whether it's a more serious in depth analysis, or a more comical measurement of anal depth which falls into the PeHawk catagory.

Agree or disagree I find information, comic relief or food for thought from all of you.

That includes those that think I have a hardon against them, I don't just have learned to weigh the level of combativeness with those I have a disagreement with.

One liners or walls of text, yeah a full wall with no paragraphs is a pain in the ass to read and you eyes burn from doing it but I read them. Those types of posts many times are full of passion, nobody said we need to have a degree in journalism as part of acceptence here so all the spelling and grammer Nazis, the letters F.O. should have special meaning Ka Tet. :)

If I had to single out someone I would have to say Pithy the cat whisperer herder. Been a great freind on here and supported me through some rough times and always there to talk to.

Happy Holidays to everyone and your familys.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    Greenhell wrote:PeHawk is taking reach arounds

Fixed that for you. ;)

That works too. :mrgreen:
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

• I love you all equally!

...shout out to the mods for keeping my favorite site on the web online. You guys are truly awesome and, if possible, I would impregnate each and every one of you with my little Seahawk babies.
    chawx
    NET Veteran

Thought Pe might need a rag to wipe up from his reach arounds.

.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU ALL!!!!! This is my first post but I have been visiting for years. When I need anything Seahawk related I come here first! Always a good link to be found or postings about the latest Seahawk news. This is my #1 go to spot for anything Hawks! If I need someone to convince me there is still hope, I come Here. If I need someone to convince me we might not be as good as I think, I come here. Always someone handing out kool-aid and alway someone to smack me back to reality. Always a great balance of opinions and a great pool of knowledge.

I remember some sort of split or something years ago, didn't come here as often so never understood what happened. I remember Radish as "Pithy Radish" and someone with a sig that read "Reluctant herder of cats". I also remember a post every Friday with some very attractive ladies wearing nothing but "Hawks" logo's......something along those lines. Don't know which site that was but this is the only one I visit now.

Anyway.....thanks to everyone here......for everything here.......especially the mods........and anything Hawks.
    JoeHawk80
    NET Bench Warmer

• ALL YOU ASSHOLES SHUT UP AND SIT DOWN!!!!

Jesus, I can't take you anywhere. :141847_bnono:

Many of you know I send just about as many PMs as I do posts. Tho most of them aren't for the reason's a couple of you mentioned. lol

Been around this place for a long time, since 1998, yes I knew Aros when he had hair and a really cute girl friend that for some silly reason married him.

This place is my home, I freely admit it. We suffer together through the bad times and the good.

I'll never get everyone mentioned here but there are some of you I am extra fond of even away from this place.

Hawkstorian, Kidhawk, Buckethead,(who's rarely around anymore), Aros, Mark both Olsen & Salois, Steve Sutz, Dr Diags(James) whom I've only talked to on the street 2-3 times in Seattle but still feel we are forever friends. Chris isn't kidding, we've been together since the days of me being lead admin when his wife had a brain anuerism and tried to be by his side for all the time since. Morgulon1 & I have become buds through the years, Lymon even if he is a damned Yankee fan, Big Pumpkin & I have become friends the last couple of years, That's the 3 oldest members age wise here I think.

I know there are many, many more. Please remember I care about all of you even if I didn't call you by name.

And all the moderators from day 1. How I didn't get thrown out of here in the early years is beyond my comprehension. Especially a big shout out to Kitsapguy & AKSeahawkfan, (Bruce and Bob), they are always in my thoughts.

Now the unfun part

Most of you know I had foot surgery 3 weeks ago today and am hoping to get rid of this bootcast next monday. That's the good news. Into each day some rain must fall. In doing all the checks they do for old duffers like me for surgerys they discovered a very small melonama on the back of my right calf. No screwing with that I am having surgery to remove that and test my lymph nodes for any sight of spread. They don't think there will be and are saying 90-95% success chance of nothing else.

That's the 21st and I already have strict rules about sitting upright in a chair for perhaps as much as a week. So I will be away around Christmas but will be thinking of you all and sorry I won't be able to ban the entire bunch of you!!

Am I a bit spooked? Bet your ass but I know you'll all help me get through it. I am a terrible patient and whiny about being down and unable to do anything, I hate that. In my life I've only visited hospitals. Had hernia surgery 20 some years ago as an outpatient, the foot doctor has his own surgical suite, and tho I will be in the hospital for this it will be as an out patient.

thanks for listening, I truly love you all. Well there are some days,,,,,,,

Radish, sometimes called Cat Herder. Sometimes called other things. lol
    So close to the real thing.
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• Good luck with all that Les. Give your wife a break, have Hawkstorian come over and babysit you.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Thanks to JSeahawks for the shout-out. You seem like a good dude, even though you're a Ducks fan. ;-)

Thanks to Todd and Mark, and Les and all the moderators past and present for letting us play in the sandbox.

Thanks to Kip for your Random Thoughts™ and English for your draft analysis.

Thanks to the rest of you for sharing in the insanity.

Thanks to Pete (though he won't see this) for the inspiration and the fun. I'm still bummed you're not at 'SC any more, but I'm having a blast watching you always compete and prove the doubters wrong. Fight on and go Seahawks!
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• JSeahawks wrote:Good luck with all that Les. Give your wife a break, have Hawkstorian come over and babysit you.

Hawkstorian is his wife
    Les - "Mark, you're my favorite player"
    Mark - "Mine too!"
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

• All thoughts with ya Pithy, early on in the process I hope and everything will go well. Keep us posted were here for you, but you know that!

Now everyone send him a PM so we can start a Pithy check your PM thread!

chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Radish, please check your PMs.

:lol:
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:Radish, please check your PMs.

:lol:

ditto for you
    So close to the real thing.
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• I would like to recognize JSeahawks as being the best spreader and stroker.......... Of holiday cheer and egos.

...What'd you think I meant?
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• good luck with everything radish... want to see you back for the post season.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• Good luck Radish! You need to hang around to watch this dynasty that Pete is building.!
    "I want to drink Ranier Beer out of a mug made from Jim harbaugh's hollowed out skull." CANHAWK
    sam1313
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• This thread reminds me of going to the marriage counselor and having to talk about the things I like about my wife :shock: and Les check you PMs :mrgreen:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• kearly wrote:And whoever linked the disrespectful Jets fans video in some thread, that guy deserves an award. I've watched it probably 30 times now. Probably more than that actually.

I'll gladly take a bow here. Actually just told a buddy about it yesterday at a birthday party. He too watched it about 10 times haha it's a gold mine!

Speaking of gold mines... whoever posted the Cowboys fan meltdown video deserves to be canonized! That's seriously one of the bright spots of the season for me.

I love everybody who posts here, even if I don't agree with them. That's what makes this place fun. Special shoutouts go to...

All of the mods. There are literally times where I look at the forum and go... wtf what a brutal, selfless, thankless job to be a mod. For that, you deserve praise. You guys are like the OLine of .Net and today you deserve all the credit you get.

Jseahawks, thanks for the shoutout. I'll keep on trying to keep doin what I'm doin. Thanks for the love, it's much appreciated. Knowing how much you love the Ducks makes me not hate them as much, seriously.

JonRud, kearly, English, scanner, pe, scottemojo, CANHawk, drdiags, montana, zebulon, aros, radish, jseahawks, largent, and all of those I'm missing (you know who you are) you guys are all awesome and keep me glued to .Net whenever I have down time.

Also want to thank all the beautiful people who came to defend me when I got bashed for posting a blog post here haha that was nice of you guys, thanks.

This is seriously the greatest collection of Seahawks fans on the planet so whether I agree with your opinion or not it's all good. I still love you guys haha

I can't wait til we all get to celebrate a Super Bowl!!!
    Last edited by NYCoug on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

• Anyone who is a Seahawk fan gets respect from me. Lord knows no one would bandwagon this franchise (not yet anyway) given the constant mental anguish that has come with it :lol:

Pre-emptive Happy Holidays to each and every one of you guys.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• First off, I like this board so much that I think .NET should be part of the periodic table of elements. Atomic weight of 12. Carbon is a boring name for an element anyway.

I was in Seattle and asked for suggestions so the wife and I could have fun, and all y'all came through for me. Radish got on the phone for me because he just cares about his .NET peeps, and talked to the powers that be (his daughter is in the restaurant biz), just so I would only dine in the best places. Riley didn't have to do what he did. Tech Worlds might have the online personality of a porcupine, and his avatar might remind me of the movie Better off Dead, but he and Jen broke Barley Malt with me and mine. I would now kill VernDog if he asked me too, (don't worry, I would do it humanely, with a Pit Bull, sans rape stand). The base of this board goes way back, I got to see it with mine own two eyes just a little bit, and it was good. Probably why it has endured.
    That kind of stuff matters just as much, if not more, than the constant chatter and shit talk.
    I like every one of you just as much as you deserve, even the poopy heads. You know who you are. (scratch your head about.....now.)

On another topic, and this is not a shot at anyone, and I am not questioning a single decision that has been made... I miss BFS.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• My heartiest thanks to cboom for his 'Wilson is the worst ever' post. It will live in infamy on this site for many years to come. Hopefully RW gets to the HOF and cboom can give the induction speech.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• I can feel the love - and I feel dirty.
    OneLofaTatupu
    * NET Shrink *

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:37 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information