Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Seattle Seahawks running up the score?
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:51 am 
NET Veteran

Apparently Herm Edwards wants us to work on our run game. 2 backs over 100, I think the work was put in.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8731903

Post subject: Re: Seattle Seahawks running up the score?
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:24 am 
NET Pro Bowler

We did not run up the score. Pete took the starters out 5 minutes into the 3rd, and there was a heavy dose of run plays. We only threw the ball 21 times in the game, and in the 2nd half we really only threw on 3rd down for the most part.

This shouldn't even be a debate. The Cardinals just couldn't stop us.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:25 am 
* NET Baller *

Good, I loved it, and the Cardinals deserved it.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:14 am 
NET Starter

I don't understand why "running up the score" is a bad thing. What is the morally correct
thing to do when you're up 45-0 less than five minutes into the 3rd quarter? It's not like
you can just stop playing and no one had a problem with Arizona continuing to pass.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:23 am 
NET Veteran

As a man, if a friend is kicking my ass at tennis or racquetball (which happens...I can beat some of my friends, others it's an aberration when I beat them, but great workout either way), nothing irritates me more than sensing that he's deliberately letting up on me. By all means, if you can beat me 15-0 then do it. I don't want any cheap points and it doesn't make me feel better at all if the final margin is closer because he took it easy. I think that's the most emasculating thing he could do.

"Running up the score" is unsportsmanlike when it's kids playing. Not when it's professionals. If you're a pro, have some damn self-respect and stop the other guy or die trying. It was stupid when people criticized New England for this, and it's stupid for those who have criticized us for it today too.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:30 am 
NET Veteran

We didn't run up the score, we were giving the 2nd and 3rd stringers some work.

If the Cards were getting thrashed by the backups? What else can you do?

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 am 
* NET Bad Ass *

Seattle scored 7 pts in the 4th quarter. lol

If someone said that, they didn't watch the game.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:40 am 
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*

They sure dont care when the golden boy Brady and NE does it.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:41 am 
I'M JIMMY!

It wasn't like AZ was running out the clock. They were PASSING. Flynn through the ball what? 7 times? Obviously running up the score. Edwards is all bent out of shape on this one, but he is the one that said "you play to win the game"

I LOVE the Seahawk hating commentators. All of them, it gives me joy seeing them upset. Then he is all "It is going to come back on them" Really???? When Herm?

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:43 am 
NET Veteran

Yea, it's funny. We had all backups in there, ran the ball 18 times, threw it 7 times.

If Arizona wanted out so badly, they could've run the ball non stop to run the clock out. Then we would've.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:53 am 
NET Veteran

ESPN can burn to the ground seriously there lucky i'm not put in front of a mic that is total bullshit . We took the starters out what more can Pete do except stop playing competitive football well ESPN that's not going to happen so they can choke on it.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:55 am 
NET Veteran

Also, the moment you start letting up is frequently the moment you'll get injured. I don't want injuries.

If they weren't such a generally dirty defensive unit I would maybe feel sorry for them. But I don't. Screw em'.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:57 am 
* NET X's & O's Guru *

The only play I didn't like was going for it on 4th and 20something. Thought we should have punted, but mainly to better our chances at the shut out. Otherwise, its not like we were running trick plays or kept our starters in. The Cards gave up like I havent seen a team do before, they crumbled in a big way.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:58 am 
NET Veteran

IMO whenever you have 2nd and 3 rd string players in it is fine to play the game as laid out. To claim running up the score against their starters is ludicrous

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:03 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*

Did Seattle run up the score? Yeah, a little bit. But they also left points on the field. I count at least 11 they left out there. Anybody bitching needs to complain that the Cardinals will draw gamechecks for a game they quit in. Darnell Dockett was getting pushed down the field 10 yards damn near every play. Patrick Peterson had his hands in his pockets on run plays.

Pete will draw this kind of criticism, he has a lot of axe grinders just waiting for something. I wish he had gone for 70 or more, our backups got invaluable playing time. Turbin got 20 carries, a career high. Flynn got to work out some frustration. I don't give a shit what Herm thinks, I want our entire roster feeling like killers.

Today, our entire roster feels like killers.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:14 am 
NET Veteran

AbsolutNET wrote:
The only play I didn't like was going for it on 4th and 20something. Thought we should have punted, but mainly to better our chances at the shut out. Otherwise, its not like we were running trick plays or kept our starters in. The Cards gave up like I havent seen a team do before, they crumbled in a big way.

See imo thats even more douchey, since converting on 4th and whatever is pretty improbable. Pinning them back with a punt is just like, seriously...

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:33 am 
NET Practice Squad

If we had kicked to make it 61-0 (as I had hoped we would do), THEN we can be accused of running up the score.

We didn't

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:04 pm 
NET Rookie

Why can't the Seahawks get praised for a victory? We blow them out of the water, and then gives us crap for running the score up

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:07 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*

If we were running up the score, we'd not have pulled Wilson five minutes into the second half.

End of story. Anybody that says otherwise is ignorant.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:12 pm 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*

I haven't seen the game yet. What yardline where the Hawks on for the 4th and 23?

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:18 pm 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *

Fans were wanting the team to be judged in the upper echelon. Getting accused of cheating and running up the score seems very Patriot-like, so we got that going for us, which is good.

The 4th and 23 was a little surprising but other than that, I didn't think they were doing things out of the norm for running a 4 minute offense for the entire 4th quarter.

Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:37 pm 
NET Veteran

The only reason people are saying we ran up the score is because of those 2 long passes by Flynn that were dropped by the receivers, and that short pass for a 3rd down conversion that the Cards didn't play well at all that led to the Washington TD.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:55 pm 
NET Veteran

Felt like a college game. We coulda had 70 points easily. RW might have had 4 tds to better his chances at 27 for the season.
Who woulda thought after week 1 that we'd have this game against them? 39 fantasy points from defense alone, hell yea.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:08 pm 
NET Starter

By my count we ran 36 plays in the 2nd half and thru the ball 10 times (and the vast majority of those were short passes). The issue is they couldn't stop our run game.

Quick math

1st half - 12 passes and 16 runs
2nd Half - 10 passes and 26 runs

We let up on the gas - the Cards just kept turning it over and couldn't stop the run. You still have to keep playing the game!

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:24 pm 
NET Veteran

Edwards probably didn't even take time to watch the game. It's idiotic. As I mentioned somewhere else and someone pointed out in this thread already, why did Arizona keep passing? It stops the clock. 4th and 23, could of kicked a field goal and instead we went for it. What should you do punt? In the future if you have it down at their five yard line, do you just punt it out of the endzone for a -15 net?

I understand we live in America and there comes a point when somebody is getting beat down that we begin to think of them as a sad victim, but good grief, Arizona carries the blame 100% in this game. They shoulda took the air out of the ball. Maybe they should have forfeited, they didn't want to be out there anyway. I am embarrassed for those guys.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:26 pm 
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*

seahwkfvr wrote:
Why can't the Seahawks get praised for a victory? We blow them out of the water, and then gives us crap for running the score up

:13:

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:44 pm 
NET Starter

Perhaps if Edwards had "run up the score" a few more times in his coaching tenures, he'd still be on the field and not working as a mop-up scrub for ESPN.

BTW, I know the following is Wiki...but it's entertaining nonetheless:

"Overall, Edward's tenure as head coach of the Jets was marred by chronic clock management problems, an ultra-conservative "play not to lose" mentality, and a lack of any discernible defensive philosophy, despite Edwards' supposed expertise in the Cover 2 defense.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:08 pm 
NET Starter

Before everyone goes hating on Herm Edwards, remember he was one of the few talking heads on ESPN defending the Hawks after the MNF win against GB.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]