Toronto stadium is a sellout at 45,000

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Toronto stadium is a sellout at 45,000
Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:51 am
  • And a bunch of those seats were bought by some restauranteer there who is now trying to unload them. That will be a very neutral, quiet venue. Bills fans are already writing the season off, and won't be going in numbers to the game. Even if it's a home game for them, it's on the road. It's also a turf field inside, so that will neutralize any advantage for them there.

If there are more than 40K fans there, I'd be surprised.

Quotes on the subject:

"Years ago I went to the game when jets played the bills, one of the worst games I have ever been to. That same year I had season tickets to the bills. For the most part people just sat in their seats no one really got in to the game, nothing like a bills game at all."

"It looks like they decided to drop the capacity to 45k by tarping some seats in order to give the illusion of a sell out"

"The tickets are sold, they are now trying to dump them."
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• The Bills play on turf at home too.
    djb28
    NET Veteran

• Derp? What, do they think this is a CFL game? Tarping seats for an NFL game? That's fricken embarassing Toronto... It's not like it's even a big stadium in the first place.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• I have my concerns about this game the Bills have been aweful 4 a long time so you now there team is loaded with high draft picks, don't overlook the Bills Seahawks.
    General Manager
    NET Veteran

• djb28 wrote:The Bills play on turf at home too.

Yes. But the fact that we don't have to play on a different surface than our own will negate any advantage they could have had here. It makes it a zero-sum issue instead of an advantage for them as is the case in other stadiums.

The empty stands will also be a decided zero-sum issue too.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• I wonder how many Seattle fans will be there. I've heard that we have a good bit of fans in Canada.
    ParisPC07
    NET Starter

• ParisPC07 wrote:I wonder how many Seattle fans will be there. I've heard that we have a good bit of fans in Canada.

There are a good number of Seahawks fans in Toronto, as I usually where a Seahawks jacket to work and get stopped on the subway to chat about the team.
    TorontoHawk
    NET Veteran

• Seahawk Sailor wrote:
    djb28 wrote:The Bills play on turf at home too.

Yes. But the fact that we don't have to play on a different surface than our own will negate any advantage they could have had here. It makes it a zero-sum issue instead of an advantage for them as is the case in other stadiums.

The empty stands will also be a decided zero-sum issue too.

Turf is the same as the Seahawks have at home. I think the empty seats are that the Bills are playing very well, close to Christmas and the tickets are expensive and if the Bills or Seahawks are not your team I don't think people want to spend the cash, if the hawks were not playing I would not be going.
    TorontoHawk
    NET Veteran

• I think Toronto tickets are pricey, very pricey, at least if they are anything like their NHL and NBA tickets. Don't expect any fan impact whatsoever for either team. They will react when plays are made, but I'd consider this very much a neutral site game, even though Buffalo is only a couple hours away.
    "Hard work beats talent when talent fails to hard work"
    CHawks4L
    NET Rookie

Re: Toronto stadium is a sellout at 45,000
Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 am
  • I will be there and I am BRINGING THE 12TH MAN NOISE TO TORONTO!!!!!!!!!!!!! BLAME CANADA! BLAME CANADA!!

Win Forever!
    JonRud
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:44 am
  • They slashed ticket prices almost in half to create some sales for this event. Club seats are "sold out" and are selling for relatively cheap on line.

I still don't think this is as neutral as some may believe. If we were playing in Vancouver, there would be a lot of Hawk fans. They have to drive an hour and a half, we have to fly around the country.

There are probably a lot of Leaf season ticket holders and hockey fans who are dying to go to any sporting event without hockey this year. I think they may be more animated than people might believe. Of course it shouldn't matter, we went in to Soldier and won, we will do the same here. This is an inferior opponent, if we truly turned the corner, we win by multiple scores.
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:28 pm
  • Any 12th man going for the game please make lots of noise, no excuse blaming it an east coast game and being lethargic. Start waking up early and practicing your vocal chords if you have to :) Make us proud.
    seahawks08
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:31 pm
  • I wish i could go, I've heard Toronto is fun!
    5280Hawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:42 pm
  • 5280Hawk wrote:I wish i could go, I've heard Toronto is fun!

Toronto is a cesspool!
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• CANHawk wrote:
    5280Hawk wrote:I wish i could go, I've heard Toronto is fun!

Toronto is a cesspool!

Your just use to dirty hippies and junkies. T.O. best city in Canada hands down.
    TorontoHawk
    NET Veteran

• Why the hell are we playing in Toronto again?
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

• TorontoHawk wrote:
    CANHawk wrote:

Toronto is a cesspool!

Your just use to dirty hippies and junkies. T.O. best city in Canada hands down.

better than Vancouver BC? thats saying a lot considering Vancouver is nestled between mountains and the straight of Georgia, a sight to see no doubt
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

• JonRud wrote:I will be there and I am BRINGING THE 12TH MAN NOISE TO TORONTO!!!!!!!!!!!!! BLAME CANADA! BLAME CANADA!!

Are you taking the Tanzania sign too? We need one there
    MexHawk
    NET Rookie

• There may be a lot of animated Hockey fans, but I doubt they're animated Hockey fans who root for the Bills with passion. I see this as a neutral site game, still a road trip (for both teams), but I wouldn't expect a HFA for Buffalo.
    Sarlacc, on comparing .NET to Soccer: And why not? It's a bunch of people running around in circles, feigning pain, and never scoring.
    Snohomie
    * NET Draft Guru *

• 5280Hawk wrote:I wish i could go, I've heard Toronto is fun!

sorry there is not one redeaming feature about Toronto other than a sushi resturant near the airport
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

• rainger wrote:

sorry there is not one redeaming feature about Toronto other than a sushi resturant near the airport

Toronto's biggest redeeming feature is that it's not Detroit.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Bummer. I would rather have a large, frenzied crowd to give our team energy and motivation. I'm confident of a win, but i'm a little worried about a trap game, let down type scenario inbetween a blowout and the biggest game of the year.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• I don't think it's going to be as neutral as you guys think. Sure, it won't be like a crowd in Buffalo. But this is I think the 4th year they've played a game in Toronto. Talking to friends who live there (I'm in Toronto now, btw), the % of local fans that have taken the Bills on as their team has grown each year. The general consensus amongst fans here is that the team is destined to move here. It's just a matter of when, not if. It's a big city that thumbs it's nose down at Buffalo big time. That mindset helps with fans taking to the idea of the Bills being their home team.

It's still not going to be a big crazy overwhelming advantage. If the Hawks go up fast, whatever fans they have will be taken out of the game. But I don't think it will be neutral at all. The Hawks are popular in WESTERN Canada. BC and Alberta primarily. Back East the fans are all Patriots, Steelers, Cowboys, Giants, Packers fans, etc. They root for whatever teams have been popular and won titles. Canadian Seahawks fans out West are more likely to attend a game in Seattle than come out for this game.
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *

• I would love to be there but a flight to Toronto during the Holidays is ridiculously expensive. I could go to Vegas for 4 days, flight and room included, instead. Or like give to Holiday charity.

Besides, didn't a recent poll indicate that Toronto's favourite team was the Patriots? And the Bills were a distant third?
    Dreo
    NET Starter

• SeaTown81 wrote:The Hawks are popular in WESTERN Canada. BC and Alberta primarily. Back East the fans are all Patriots, Steelers, Cowboys, Giants, Packers fans, etc. They root for whatever teams have been popular and won titles. Canadian Seahawks fans out West are more likely to attend a game in Seattle than come out for this game.

That's so damn correct. We loves us the Seahawks out West. At least here in the oil patch, and even more so in Vancouver/BC. I was even able to attend the Patriots game recently which was completely awesome. Man that was a fun trip!
    Dreo
    NET Starter

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:23 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information