I'm reading some threads in the Bills forum.....

hawksman53

Reaction score
TJACK never had our offense down as our starter so how is his input into us for Buffalo going to help them in any way???

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Tical21":228nto24 said:
Biggest game since the beastquake. Lose this game, and there is a very real chance that we don't make the playoffs. Win it, the sky is the limit. If we are nearly as good as we think we are, we win this game, period. Don't care if it is pretty or ugly. Gotta win this game.

This is exactly right and I have no doubt that this team goes in their and handles business. They're ready to make a push. I BELIEVE.

rideaducati

Reaction score
chris98251":38nq3aqw said:
I wonder how pissed TJack is at us and how much defensive and offensive insight he will be able to give the Bills. Hopefully we can disguise some stuff and keep them off balance.

Tarvaris didn't know Bevell's offense when he was trying to run it, I don't see him being able to give much insight that would help the Bills.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think the team has turned the corner these past two weeks. I want to say "Don't forget about Miami" but at the same time, it's the very Miami game that became the catalyst to get this team to the next level.

We will beat the Bills next Sunday. It won't be a blowout, but we will beat the Bills.

soohawk

Reaction score
i know this isn't the nba but toronto ruins visiting teams. white vegas (because of the weather not ethnicity=toronto is a multicultural urban centre), as its known around the nba, is a party with tons of beautitul women who aren't in the same country as your wife/gf/anybody you know.

the coaches better keep close tabs on the team while they are visiting so they don't get burnt out doing tourist stuff or partying...i know it sounds stupid but the worst professional basketball franchise since 1995 has won a ton of extra games because of this little quirk.

should be a fun game to watch and marshawn has a ton of motivation to run wild on his old team

olyfan63

Reaction score
It's in a dome and on turf, so that should help Seattle right there. We are built for speed, and when playing on grass, it takes away some of our speed edge, particularly Bruce Irvin and Chris Clemons and our pass rush.
Buffalo is a tough, dangerous team, runs the ball well, and Seattle better go in respecting them, and brining it, or it could easily be another Detroit/Miami scenario.
Personally, I'm hoping that the game plan is to let Russell Wilson sling it all over the yard, to set up Lynch runs. I want the "Russell, score early and often" game plan instead of the "Russell, don't lose it for us" game plan.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
olyfan63":2q7tga0j said:
..................Personally, I'm hoping that the game plan is to let Russell Wilson sling it all over the yard, to set up Lynch runs. I want the "Russell, score early and often" game plan instead of the "Russell, don't lose it for us" game plan.
While I don't belive the Seahawks under Pete will ever be a 'sling it all over the yard' type of offense, I think we're starting to see a lot more of using the pass to set up the run. After the first turnover yesterday, the Hawks ran on first and ended up having to kick a FG. After that, they threw on first more often than not on the next several series and I was ecstatic. Everyone knows this team is run first and it can stay that way if it doesn't become predictable. Now that the 'training wheels' are off Russ, I believe we'll see plenty more variety in our offensive game plan.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
We actually weren't ANY different against the Bears than any other road team. We started off incredibly flat and got better by the 4th Qtr. Reason we were able to even be in that game at the end and make the great comeback is because the Bears didn't take the easy FG and because a wide open Bear receiver dropped a sure TD. You put those 10 pts on the board and we did just as crappy vs the Bears as we did vs the Rams or Miami. This team looks great trying to keep it close on the road, but until they show up for an entire game, we're going to have road woes.

themunn

Reaction score
chris98251":3mfzzb6y said:
I wonder how pissed TJack is at us and how much defensive and offensive insight he will be able to give the Bills. Hopefully we can disguise some stuff and keep them off balance.

I don't think Jackson is pissed at the Seahawks, we stuck with him last year, gave him a chance to play for us but left him under no illusion that we wanted more from the QB position - he was given an opportunity to compete and lost out to a rookie who is proving why he won the job week after week

CANHawk

Reaction score
Fred Jackson is out three weeks so we only have Spiller to worry about (who's plenty dangerous in his own right, but there's only one of him). The fact that we're on turf, in a dome should and they're without their workhorse definately works in our favour much more than if this was outside in Buffalo.

Too bad it's not in Buffalo though because I'm sure Marshawn would like to have a HMD style homecoming for the city and team that turned on him like they did.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Spiller is freaky good. The only thing holding Spiller back has been Fred Jackson.

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
ya all i can say is the beast should be plenty motivated. but spiller does worry me as he is very very fast. but i do see a hawks win here.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Salish has it. We as fans look back and act like we kicked the crap out of the Bears. They had opportunities to win the game, and they didn't caplitalize. I'm not saying the Bears gave us the game either, we earned it, but it's not like we thunderstomped them. The one positive is that they are a better team than Miami, and we won it.

But, I can't get upset over other fans saying we are a different team at home. We are. Most teams in the NFL have a losing record on the road. Say you go undefeated at home, and go .500 on the road.....you're a 12 win team.

We really need this game. IF we lose at Buffalo/Toronto, we've basically lost the chance at the 2nd seed. Then if we lose to SF, we're losing a chance at the playoffs. There are 3 teams behind us at 7-6. We need every game, and I hope they have that sense of urgency.

The Radish

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":1u1c6vhj said:
We are a different team at home. I don't think getting beat by St Louis should instill much confidence, but we typically struggle on the road.

Exactly what Matt said.

For Christ's sake people the difference so far is black and white.

Why continue this "poor us" whining when its entirely true. Winning at Toronto will not change the fact we sucked on the road again this season just like the last few seasons.

:141847_bnono:

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
They are a different team on the road. That is obvious. Or, at least prior to the Chicago game they were. We can only hope that the Chicago game is meaningful evidence that they actually have turned the corner, and are ready to play well on the road. That said, if I were a fan of a team playing against the Hawks, I would certainly feel a helluva lot better if my team was playing them at home rather than the Clink, obviously.

mikeak

Reaction score
afternoon game is huge. If this was a 10am game I would chalk up the loss and play around with the playoff machine on ESPN (I think 2-1 gets us in - GB beats Chicago next week and then we still hold the WC over Bears, Dallas).

With that said - Spiller on turf will be brutal against us

Our pass rush should benefit from turf just like against St Louis...oh wait but still in theory it should beneift

RW will run well on turf

RB's are in form

Feel good but not overly confident. Think the game can go either way Bills have played a few really good games this year and will be dangerous

hawker84

Reaction score
edogg23":2giie21m said:
This reminds me to much of a famous thread before the Miami game!

ya i'm still picking the splinters out of my A** for that one... having said that, if anything close to yesterday's effort on D and ST shows up in canada, i definately like our chances..

yes spillar is freaky good, but he's not better than AP or gore.. yes AP ran all over us, but we still won the game... don't know if sherman will be out for this game or not, but that could play huge..

i'll say it again.. if the seahawks play the way they're capable of (like yesterday) we should leave canada victorious...

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":w9oxg2yi said:
With Brandon Browner suspended we really need to bring back Ricky Foley and Jesse Lumsden for this game. We own Canada!

That is funny!! Lumsden was a bust in the CFL, but Foley seems to be doing well for the Argos.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
People are mentioning Spiller, but no one's mentioning Fitzpatrick. That man holds the Bills back plenty, and if it comes down to him and the game winning drive, he's going to choke on it like a pretzel.