A Good Sign of Why The Hawks Will Make The Playoffs...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Exhibit A...

"This wasn't my first rodeo. We have a lot of depth on this team, on both sides of the ball. Our practices are very competitive, and I think guys get a lot of confidence from the practices. So when a guy does go down, we know the next guy can come in and compete."

-- Walter Thurmond

ThurmondArizonaCardinalsvSeattle7750 LJTfi l

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
"Our resolve is embodied in our quarterback (Russell Wilson). Everything was going against him. He was too short. He couldn't play in this league. Whatever the case may be. He keeps proving the critics wrong. And people tell us we can't win on the road. People tell us we can't beat some of the elite teams. Hopefully we're trying to prove all that wrong. But we don't want to think about the big picture right now. We want to finish and then look back and say, 'Wow, look at what we just did.' "

-- Michael Robinson

120919-robinson-480.jpg

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
"They don't get no better than that. We went out and played, we executed, and that was all-around probably one of the best performances I've seen since I've been with this team."

-- Brandon Mebane

Brandon+Mebane+Seattle+Seahawks+v+Detroit+GEowbcyzRdol.jpg

ivotuk

Reaction score
Tim Ryan said something to the effect of "This team is a like a family, at practice yesterday it was obvious that they are extremely tight group."

Made me think of the Marines, they care about each other and not themselves.

One thing that really impressed me, and I don't know if this is a Marshawn Lynch thing, but after one of his touchdowns, Golden Tate and Zach Miller came up and shook hands with him. No banging heads, no chest bumping, just "great job sir, nice touchdown" kind of respect thing. I think that shows a maturing team which bodes well for a team this young.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
"We've been having a lot of close battles this whole year. It just feels great when you get a win and you don't really have to fight. We just stayed disciplined the whole game and really didn't give them any life."

-- Earl Thomas

120907_earl_thomas_lg.jpg

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
"We've never put up that many points, but we've had games where we played a complete game as far as all three phases. We just have to go out — each and every week — and stay consistent. And that's the thing we're shooting for now is the consistency."

-- Chris Clemons

Ml cz9r6514

ivotuk

Reaction score
Very nice Aros, keep 'em coming :)

Edit: Another reason, we just had our first 100 yard receiver. What does that mean? It means that we are not dependent on any one or two receivers. Our QB's favorite receiver is "the open one."

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks bro. I'm done. I think the players speak for themselves.

As for me? I'm off to bed with sweet dreams of Seahawks wins dancing in my head.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Great stuff. Thanks Aros!

No doubt this was a HUGE win! I think this instills the players with a sense of confidence that when they are on things like this can happen. Huge road win in Chicago followed by a huge win at home against a divisional opponent. You couldn't script it any better if you were a Hawks fan. Now it's on to Toronto!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Thurmond played well.......but let's remember who was playing QB for the Cardinals, two stiffs that couldn't make our practice squad. I'll heap more praise on him if he holds his own over the next three weeks against better teams and better QB's.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1eia1t8n said:
Thurmond played well.......but let's remember who was playing QB for the Cardinals, two stiffs that couldn't make our practice squad. I'll heap more praise on him if he holds his own over the next three weeks against better teams and better QB's.

Thurmond played great against Eli Manning last year. Don't worry, he's good.

His problems are completely health related, not talent.

sturg78

Reaction score
ivotuk":1ekead3t said:
Very nice Aros, keep 'em coming :)

Edit: Another reason, we just had our first 100 yard receiver. What does that mean? It means that we are not dependent on any one or two receivers. Our QB's favorite receiver is "the open one."

...and it was a backup TE at that. Solidifies your point nicely.