Carroll teaching Sherman a lesson.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Carroll teaching Sherman a lesson.
Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:08 pm
  • I doubt this was shown on TV, but it was really apparent that Carroll was a little bit upset with Sherman's celebrating today. After their fumble recovery (I believe that Sherman recovered it) Sherman was running off the field jiving with the ball and tossed it high in the air. This was after his interception where he was penalized for excessive celebration. Anyways the ball hit the ground and bounced right to Pete, who promptly picked the ball up and fired the ball directly into Sherman's helmet (actually hit him in the head pretty hard with the ball). He then put hsi hands up as if saying "seriously, you didn't learn a lesson earlier in the game?"

    Maybe Pete was just goofing around with him but I didn't get that impression. I think all the stupid penalites, and there were a lot of them again today, is starting to wear on Pete.
    Image

    "There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    User avatar
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *
     
    Posts: 1635
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:56 am
    Location: Poulsbo, WA


Re: Carroll teaching Sherman a lesson.
Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:11 pm
  • IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:I doubt this was shown on TV, but it was really apparent that Carroll was a little bit upset with Sherman's celebrating today. After their fumble recovery (I believe that Sherman recovered it) Sherman was running off the field jiving with the ball and tossed it high in the air. This was after his interception where he was penalized for excessive celebration. Anyways the ball hit the ground and bounced right to Pete, who promptly picked the ball up and fired the ball directly into Sherman's helmet (actually hit him in the head pretty hard with the ball). He then put hsi hands up as if saying "seriously, you didn't learn a lesson earlier in the game?"

    Maybe Pete was just goofing around with him but I didn't get that impression. I think all the stupid penalites, and there were a lot of them again today, is starting to wear on Pete.

    I saw Pete smiling when he had the ball in his hands
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7332
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


Re: Carroll teaching Sherman a lesson.
Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:11 pm
  • Pete is so cool haha he was definitely goofing
    User avatar
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5234
    Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Washington


Re: Carroll teaching Sherman a lesson.
Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:12 pm
  • hope so we need to go in and do business and walk off smug not delirious
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    User avatar
    rainger
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1777
    Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:32 am
    Location: Victoria BC or my Galactic Stonghold on Nar Shaddaa


Re: Carroll teaching Sherman a lesson.
Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:15 pm
  • I think pete loves the swagger. Hell, Pete HAS the swagger.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18696
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Carroll teaching Sherman a lesson.
Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:21 pm
  • I love the swag....about time we have players with it. Go Sherman!
    P-Rich fo life
    User avatar
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2612
    Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am


Re: Carroll teaching Sherman a lesson.
Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:23 pm
  • Pete wasn't upset at Sherman, it was a playfull toss
    User avatar
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 375
    Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:40 am
    Location: Tacoma, WA


Re: Carroll teaching Sherman a lesson.
Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:24 pm
  • Yeah, just watched this. Pete was smiling and hardly rifled the ball at him.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2358
    Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm


Re: Carroll teaching Sherman a lesson.
Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:34 pm
  • The first penalty was actually more to do with Kam I believe. It was deemed excessive celebration because Kam joined in with doing the same dance as Sherman. No Fun League.
    SEC FAN
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 332
    Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:39 pm


Re: Carroll teaching Sherman a lesson.
Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:37 pm
  • SEC FAN wrote:The first penalty was actually more to do with Kam I believe. It was deemed excessive celebration because Kam joined in with doing the same dance as Sherman. No Fun League.

    Yup. Ref looked right at Kam when he threw the flag.
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7332
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


Re: Carroll teaching Sherman a lesson.
Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:43 pm
  • I saw Sherm give the referee a thumbs up after he threw the flag.
    Image
    User avatar
    ParisPC07
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 456
    Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:14 pm
    Location: Mountain Home, Idaho


Re: Carroll teaching Sherman a lesson.
Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:47 pm
  • The penalty was not Sherman's fault. Kam joined in dancing, which was the cause for the flag. Sherman is allowed to celebrate a play, and the flag was not thrown until Kam joined in.
    Image
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    User avatar
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11923
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Antioch, CA


Re: Carroll teaching Sherman a lesson.
Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:52 pm
  • I will take excessive celebration penalties all day.. as long as we keep winning :)
    --/*Seattle Seahawks*\--
    User avatar
    hawks4thewin
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 710
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:42 pm


Re: Carroll teaching Sherman a lesson.
Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:19 pm
  • That celebration penalty is a terrible penalty in a close game. At the time of it.. it was 31-0 and there was NO way Arizona was getting back into the game.

    No problem with it in that case.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    User avatar
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 5408
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm


Re: Carroll teaching Sherman a lesson.
Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:21 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:That celebration penalty is a terrible penalty in a close game. At the time of it.. it was 31-0 and there was NO way Arizona was getting back into the game.

    No problem with it in that case.


    well duh. id like to think in a close game they know the situation. today these were kids out there just having fun. can you blame em?
    Image
    User avatar
    muxpux
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2787
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:26 pm
    Location: Longview, WA


Re: Carroll teaching Sherman a lesson.
Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:22 pm
  • I guess maybe he should just do a Superman pull off of the shirt then make Airplane wings with his hands and run around like an Effin tool! That doesnt get called! I am glad he thumbs upped the Ref!
    Image
    User avatar
    djb28
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1315
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:40 am


Re: Carroll teaching Sherman a lesson.
Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:26 pm
  • I'm guessing Pete couldn't have been too mad at him. You know, he was part of 3 turnovers and all that.
    User avatar
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *
     
    Posts: 11394
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am


Re: Carroll teaching Sherman a lesson.
Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:55 pm
  • Read Pete's book (or even better, listen to him read it to you on CD). He is all about ZERO negative vibes. The same reason the established football media write him off as a left coast goofball is why his players love competing for him and for each other. Pete brings no anger or negative energy into anything he does. Throwing a football out of frustration will never happen with Pete Carroll. I guarantee you right now. Never.
    Image
    User avatar
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1589
    Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:30 pm
    Location: Olympia


Re: Carroll teaching Sherman a lesson.
Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:58 pm
  • kearly wrote:I'm guessing Pete couldn't have been too mad at him. You know, he was part of 3 turnovers and all that.


    :13:
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 11249
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


Re: Carroll teaching Sherman a lesson.
Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:00 pm
  • Yeah, the ref was staring at Sherman right behind him and Sherman did one too many shovel scoops in his grave digger dance.

    He just has to shorten his celebration and he'll be fine.
    The ball throw was funny because it looked more like a penalty but all the refs were doing other things and nobody was looking at Sherman.
    GET YOUR EAR PLUGS READY!!!
    User avatar
    TheHawkster
    * NET Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 1996
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:00 am
    Location: Puyallup


Re: Carroll teaching Sherman a lesson.
Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:19 pm
  • TheHawkster wrote:Yeah, the ref was staring at Sherman right behind him and Sherman did one too many shovel scoops in his grave digger dance.

    He just has to shorten his celebration and he'll be fine.
    The ball throw was funny because it looked more like a penalty but all the refs were doing other things and nobody was looking at Sherman.


    The penalty was on Kam for joining in the dance.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2358
    Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm


Re: Carroll teaching Sherman a lesson.
Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:20 pm
  • Sherm got Kam to do the dance with him. Sherm was the instigator on that one completely. But also it was half the distance to the goal so it was not that bad in that situation. I think (total speculation) Sherm is a little ticked at the refs and the system, and this was a little screw you too pal.
    "When is the NFL going to start fining receivers for running routes across KAM’S MIDDLE?!?!"
    -bpup33
    User avatar
    Sprfunk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 747
    Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:57 pm


Re: Carroll teaching Sherman a lesson.
Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:16 am
  • It's always fun to play guess what the coach is saying to his player. AINT IT?!
    "Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu
    User avatar
    BigMeach
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 361
    Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:11 am




It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:23 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online