Carroll teaching Sherman a lesson.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
I doubt this was shown on TV, but it was really apparent that Carroll was a little bit upset with Sherman's celebrating today. After their fumble recovery (I believe that Sherman recovered it) Sherman was running off the field jiving with the ball and tossed it high in the air. This was after his interception where he was penalized for excessive celebration. Anyways the ball hit the ground and bounced right to Pete, who promptly picked the ball up and fired the ball directly into Sherman's helmet (actually hit him in the head pretty hard with the ball). He then put hsi hands up as if saying "seriously, you didn't learn a lesson earlier in the game?"

Maybe Pete was just goofing around with him but I didn't get that impression. I think all the stupid penalites, and there were a lot of them again today, is starting to wear on Pete.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":1y49yj88 said:
I doubt this was shown on TV, but it was really apparent that Carroll was a little bit upset with Sherman's celebrating today. After their fumble recovery (I believe that Sherman recovered it) Sherman was running off the field jiving with the ball and tossed it high in the air. This was after his interception where he was penalized for excessive celebration. Anyways the ball hit the ground and bounced right to Pete, who promptly picked the ball up and fired the ball directly into Sherman's helmet (actually hit him in the head pretty hard with the ball). He then put hsi hands up as if saying "seriously, you didn't learn a lesson earlier in the game?"

Maybe Pete was just goofing around with him but I didn't get that impression. I think all the stupid penalites, and there were a lot of them again today, is starting to wear on Pete.
I saw Pete smiling when he had the ball in his hands

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I love the swag....about time we have players with it. Go Sherman!

SEC FAN

Reaction score
The first penalty was actually more to do with Kam I believe. It was deemed excessive celebration because Kam joined in with doing the same dance as Sherman. No Fun League.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
SEC FAN":2oi19kov said:
The first penalty was actually more to do with Kam I believe. It was deemed excessive celebration because Kam joined in with doing the same dance as Sherman. No Fun League.
Yup. Ref looked right at Kam when he threw the flag.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The penalty was not Sherman's fault. Kam joined in dancing, which was the cause for the flag. Sherman is allowed to celebrate a play, and the flag was not thrown until Kam joined in.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
I will take excessive celebration penalties all day.. as long as we keep winning :)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
That celebration penalty is a terrible penalty in a close game. At the time of it.. it was 31-0 and there was NO way Arizona was getting back into the game.

No problem with it in that case.

muxpux

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1vlevrjb said:
That celebration penalty is a terrible penalty in a close game. At the time of it.. it was 31-0 and there was NO way Arizona was getting back into the game.

No problem with it in that case.

well duh. id like to think in a close game they know the situation. today these were kids out there just having fun. can you blame em?

djb28

Reaction score
I guess maybe he should just do a Superman pull off of the shirt then make Airplane wings with his hands and run around like an Effin tool! That doesnt get called! I am glad he thumbs upped the Ref!

kearly

Reaction score
I'm guessing Pete couldn't have been too mad at him. You know, he was part of 3 turnovers and all that.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Read Pete's book (or even better, listen to him read it to you on CD). He is all about ZERO negative vibes. The same reason the established football media write him off as a left coast goofball is why his players love competing for him and for each other. Pete brings no anger or negative energy into anything he does. Throwing a football out of frustration will never happen with Pete Carroll. I guarantee you right now. Never.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Yeah, the ref was staring at Sherman right behind him and Sherman did one too many shovel scoops in his grave digger dance.

He just has to shorten his celebration and he'll be fine.
The ball throw was funny because it looked more like a penalty but all the refs were doing other things and nobody was looking at Sherman.