Unneccesary Roughness on Rice

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
First, let me say that I was at the game, and the only replay I was able to see was the one they showed at the stadium. However, I thought both when I saw it live and when I saw the replays that it was a total B******* call. It didn't look like helmet to helmet to me, nor a shot to the head. I thought that Rice just got lit up on a good solid football play. If I'm wrong and there was a shot to the head then that's fine.
But if not, it absolutely pisses me off that the NFL is becoming such a pansy league. What was the safety supposed to do? Go lower, at his knees? Not hit him at all, just let him go? It's the same thing I thought about the call that went against ET on Tannehill a couple of weeks ago. It's just makes me want to puke.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I agree its a lousy rule, but that's how it's supposed to be called. Defenseless receiver regardless of helmet contact.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
That was a bad call. That was a football play. If Goodell wants anything else then he can buy tickets to the ice capades.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Its a crap rule and a crap call, welcome to Rog Goodell's NFFL (National FLAG Football League)

bluengreen

Reaction score
I thought it was a bad call as well, he hit with his shoulder.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Terrible call. Saw one in the Cowboy game even worse. On that play, the DB hit the WR in the chest with his shoulder and dislodged the ball. Wasted effort as he was flagged with the play resulting in a 1st down. Sickening. The Easleys and Lotts could'nt afford to play in today's NFL. Their fines would be bigger than their game checks.

Tundra

Reaction score
It was clean. There was a similar call against the Bengals when there safety stuck Dez Bryant. I blame Goodall. Since he became commish, the NFL product has become softer and is moving towards Two Hand Touch. In fifty years it will be called the THT League. Sad.

run and shoot

Reaction score
Like they said bad call, but not the most blatant bad call on a hit of the night.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":3mfq2fg8 said:
First, let me say that I was at the game, and the only replay I was able to see was the one they showed at the stadium. However, I thought both when I saw it live and when I saw the replays that it was a total B******* call. It didn't look like helmet to helmet to me, nor a shot to the head. I thought that Rice just got lit up on a good solid football play. If I'm wrong and there was a shot to the head then that's fine.
But if not, it absolutely pisses me off that the NFL is becoming such a pansy league. What was the safety supposed to do? Go lower, at his knees? Not hit him at all, just let him go? It's the same thing I thought about the call that went against ET on Tannehill a couple of weeks ago. It's just makes me want to puke.
The hit reminded me of the hit by Tate on that Cowboy Defender---Defenseless? :177692:
It is getting a bit silly with these calls by the Refs nowdays what the hell's next?, never mind, I don't really want to know.

sturg78

Reaction score
It was a great hit. If that was Kam we would be bitching the world on fire.

Rafi

Reaction score
The only thing I was thinking is why the hell is Rice still in the game?

mikeak

Reaction score
Remember you only get to dress 45 players you can't sit everybody....

What I didn't like was a pass over the middle like that considering the situation.

Clean hit no helmet to helmet bad call IMHO

With that said every player on my FF team sucked today but the seahawks defense gave me the win with 2 pts :) so glad they kept playing!!!!

SonicHawk

Reaction score
It wasn't a bad call its a bad rule. Although Flynn basically set his receiver up on an unnecessary situation.

Waterhawk1

Reaction score
Like Deon Sanders said "Defensless? He went out there in his uniform and pads". Talking about the Cowboys hit on the Bengals receiver. Absolutely right on!

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
An unnecessary call IMHO. Clearly showing a trend toward a "flag football league". The number of flags in yesterday's game was rediculous.

nsport

Reaction score
It was a solid hit, and had Rice been allowed a couple more steps I would definitely be supporting most of you in your decision that it is a bad call. The rule was stated as defenseless player - meaning he didn't have an opportunity to brace to be clobbered. With the hit he took, he could have easily been hurt due to the reaction time issue. I support the call - it had nothing to do with helmet to helmet, more it was Rice's ability to defend himself from the hit.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Wasn't that the play that Flynn escaped a sack and threw on the run? If I am right (and I think I am) then it's kind of hard to blame the hit on Flynn.

I also thought the call was horrible. Reminded me of Brownser's hit on Welker. As long as thete is no helmet to helmet, there shouldn't be a flag. Otherwise your ruining the game.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":2fsvj19j said:

I just got through watching the game again ... and just got through watching Rice's hit. Let me tell you, I 100% agree with you. That absolutely, positively, was a crappy call on Rashad Johnson. Honestly, hits like that are what I grew up on (and I surmise that most of us grew up on) and are a real part of what made the NFL great. Not that I want Seahawk players getting knocked out or anything ... but this is about the integrity of the game itself. Un-freaking believable. :cussing:

Latest posts