I'm reading some threads in the Bills forum.....

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • And all they keep saying is "Seattle is a different team at home".

I'm tired of everyone saying that BS! We might be different at home, but you know what the difference is? It's the difference between freaking UNBEATABLE to a good team. And you know what good teams do?

They kick the SHIT out of the Bills. Let's go blow this team out of their socks.

EDIT: Realized blow this team out of their socks sounds really dirty. Anyways, we just gotta go kick their ass! GO HAWKS!
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• This reminds me to much of a famous thread before the Miami game!
    edogg23
    NET Starter

• Miami Dolphins. That is my response to this thread.
    "I'm gonna call him--what do you call the guy on the trampoline?--Harry Houdini or something like that." -Warren Moon on Golden Tate
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

• We are a different team at home. I don't think getting beat by St Louis should instill much confidence, but we typically struggle on the road.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

• Stay humble. Any given Sunday.
    tubbs51
    NET Starter

• WindCityHawk wrote:Miami Dolphins. That is my response to this thread.

That alone should motivate the Seahawks to kick the crap out of the Bills. It can be done, and we are definitely good enough to do it!
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• With Brandon Browner suspended we really need to bring back Ricky Foley and Jesse Lumsden for this game. We own Canada!
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• JSeahawks wrote:With Brandon Browner suspended we really need to bring back Ricky Foley and Jesse Lumsden for this game. We own Canada!

We still have Jon Ryan!
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• Were we a different team against the Bears? Yes, different as, we went in there and kicked their butts. I still say we get a strong win in Toronto next week.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• Ryan will throw for 2 TD's and run for 1, then be suspended for the rest of the year for testing positive for high levels of maple syrup in his system (Canada's most misunderstood and prevalent PED) But we will get this game.
    GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!

Long Live Tanzania and Mt. Killamanjaro. In you we trust!
    Wiseguy
    NET Rookie

• This is a team we absolutely MUST beat. There isn't anything else to say.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Here's the Opening post of a topic on a Bills forum created back in October:

While Wilson is starting at QB for Seattle, it's fairly evident that he will never be an elite QB. To those of you who keep complaining that we didn't draft him: Graham has been very solid with his targets, struggling mainly with balls thrown far out of his reach.

I don't think Fitz will win us games, but Wilson's limitations due to his height, combined with other problems in his game, mean that he will be a bottom 10 QB in the league. Is it impressive that he is starting as a rookie over a big-budget free agent signing in Flynn? Yes, but that doesn't mean that Wilson has what it takes to lead a team in a deep playoff run. I do lament the fact that we picked Dalton over Williams, though, especially given the fact that we hadn't made such a commitment to Fitzpatrick at that time.
    tubbs51
    NET Starter

• tubbs51 wrote:Here's the Opening post of a topic on a Bills forum created back in October:

While Wilson is starting at QB for Seattle, it's fairly evident that he will never be an elite QB. To those of you who keep complaining that we didn't draft him: Graham has been very solid with his targets, struggling mainly with balls thrown far out of his reach.

I don't think Fitz will win us games, but Wilson's limitations due to his height, combined with other problems in his game, mean that he will be a bottom 10 QB in the league. Is it impressive that he is starting as a rookie over a big-budget free agent signing in Flynn? Yes, but that doesn't mean that Wilson has what it takes to lead a team in a deep playoff run. I do lament the fact that we picked Dalton over Williams, though, especially given the fact that we hadn't made such a commitment to Fitzpatrick at that time.

Great insight there from that poster.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• -The Glove- wrote:
    tubbs51 wrote:Here's the Opening post of a topic on a Bills forum created back in October:

Great insight there from that poster.

I hope he's choking on that crow.
    tubbs51
    NET Starter

• Two words of why Seattle should be scared to death of this game: Tarvaris Jackson. We can only pray that the Bills don't decide to start him.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• Biggest game since the beastquake. Lose this game, and there is a very real chance that we don't make the playoffs. Win it, the sky is the limit. If we are nearly as good as we think we are, we win this game, period. Don't care if it is pretty or ugly. Gotta win this game.
    "So between my friends and I we have been at every home game to date this year, and we have all been plotting the offensive plays called. " ------Anthony!
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

• Jazzhawk wrote:Were we a different team against the Bears? Yes, different as, we went in there and kicked their butts. I still say we get a strong win in Toronto next week.

And we did it in the morning! :mrgreen:
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

• Hawks are playing Canada and us without Browner? Were screwed.

That was a Browner/ CFL joke BTW. Hawks just need to revisit the Chicago game plan and...EXECUTE!

Believe!
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

• I wonder how pissed TJack is at us and how much defensive and offensive insight he will be able to give the Bills. Hopefully we can disguise some stuff and keep them off balance.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Russell has limitations...
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• TJACK never had our offense down as our starter so how is his input into us for Buffalo going to help them in any way???
    hawksman53
    NET Veteran

• Tical21 wrote:Biggest game since the beastquake. Lose this game, and there is a very real chance that we don't make the playoffs. Win it, the sky is the limit. If we are nearly as good as we think we are, we win this game, period. Don't care if it is pretty or ugly. Gotta win this game.

This is exactly right and I have no doubt that this team goes in their and handles business. They're ready to make a push. I BELIEVE.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• chris98251 wrote:I wonder how pissed TJack is at us and how much defensive and offensive insight he will be able to give the Bills. Hopefully we can disguise some stuff and keep them off balance.

Tarvaris didn't know Bevell's offense when he was trying to run it, I don't see him being able to give much insight that would help the Bills.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

• I think the team has turned the corner these past two weeks. I want to say "Don't forget about Miami" but at the same time, it's the very Miami game that became the catalyst to get this team to the next level.

We will beat the Bills next Sunday. It won't be a blowout, but we will beat the Bills.

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• i know this isn't the nba but toronto ruins visiting teams. white vegas (because of the weather not ethnicity=toronto is a multicultural urban centre), as its known around the nba, is a party with tons of beautitul women who aren't in the same country as your wife/gf/anybody you know.

the coaches better keep close tabs on the team while they are visiting so they don't get burnt out doing tourist stuff or partying...i know it sounds stupid but the worst professional basketball franchise since 1995 has won a ton of extra games because of this little quirk.

should be a fun game to watch and marshawn has a ton of motivation to run wild on his old team
    soohawk
    NET Veteran

• It's in a dome and on turf, so that should help Seattle right there. We are built for speed, and when playing on grass, it takes away some of our speed edge, particularly Bruce Irvin and Chris Clemons and our pass rush.
    Buffalo is a tough, dangerous team, runs the ball well, and Seattle better go in respecting them, and brining it, or it could easily be another Detroit/Miami scenario.
    Personally, I'm hoping that the game plan is to let Russell Wilson sling it all over the yard, to set up Lynch runs. I want the "Russell, score early and often" game plan instead of the "Russell, don't lose it for us" game plan.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

• The blood is in the water, and Seattle is hungry.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• olyfan63 wrote:..................Personally, I'm hoping that the game plan is to let Russell Wilson sling it all over the yard, to set up Lynch runs. I want the "Russell, score early and often" game plan instead of the "Russell, don't lose it for us" game plan.

While I don't belive the Seahawks under Pete will ever be a 'sling it all over the yard' type of offense, I think we're starting to see a lot more of using the pass to set up the run. After the first turnover yesterday, the Hawks ran on first and ended up having to kick a FG. After that, they threw on first more often than not on the next several series and I was ecstatic. Everyone knows this team is run first and it can stay that way if it doesn't become predictable. Now that the 'training wheels' are off Russ, I believe we'll see plenty more variety in our offensive game plan.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• We actually weren't ANY different against the Bears than any other road team. We started off incredibly flat and got better by the 4th Qtr. Reason we were able to even be in that game at the end and make the great comeback is because the Bears didn't take the easy FG and because a wide open Bear receiver dropped a sure TD. You put those 10 pts on the board and we did just as crappy vs the Bears as we did vs the Rams or Miami. This team looks great trying to keep it close on the road, but until they show up for an entire game, we're going to have road woes.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:I wonder how pissed TJack is at us and how much defensive and offensive insight he will be able to give the Bills. Hopefully we can disguise some stuff and keep them off balance.

I don't think Jackson is pissed at the Seahawks, we stuck with him last year, gave him a chance to play for us but left him under no illusion that we wanted more from the QB position - he was given an opportunity to compete and lost out to a rookie who is proving why he won the job week after week
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• Fred Jackson is out three weeks so we only have Spiller to worry about (who's plenty dangerous in his own right, but there's only one of him). The fact that we're on turf, in a dome should and they're without their workhorse definately works in our favour much more than if this was outside in Buffalo.

Too bad it's not in Buffalo though because I'm sure Marshawn would like to have a HMD style homecoming for the city and team that turned on him like they did.
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• Spiller is freaky good. The only thing holding Spiller back has been Fred Jackson.
    SUPER BOWL 48 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

• ya all i can say is the beast should be plenty motivated. but spiller does worry me as he is very very fast. but i do see a hawks win here.
    God Bless America and God Bless the SEATTLE SEAHAWKS - TEZ

Mike Bullene ‏@12thManM1ke 45m
    @TDESPN Though, you did say the other night you cannot win the SB riding a defense. Even though you are literally the poster child for that. --twittered back at dilfer after he tried to slam hawks fans.
    hawkcrazzed
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• Salish has it. We as fans look back and act like we kicked the crap out of the Bears. They had opportunities to win the game, and they didn't caplitalize. I'm not saying the Bears gave us the game either, we earned it, but it's not like we thunderstomped them. The one positive is that they are a better team than Miami, and we won it.

But, I can't get upset over other fans saying we are a different team at home. We are. Most teams in the NFL have a losing record on the road. Say you go undefeated at home, and go .500 on the road.....you're a 12 win team.

We really need this game. IF we lose at Buffalo/Toronto, we've basically lost the chance at the 2nd seed. Then if we lose to SF, we're losing a chance at the playoffs. There are 3 teams behind us at 7-6. We need every game, and I hope they have that sense of urgency.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• AbsolutNET wrote:We are a different team at home. I don't think getting beat by St Louis should instill much confidence, but we typically struggle on the road.

Exactly what Matt said.

For Christ's sake people the difference so far is black and white.

Why continue this "poor us" whining when its entirely true. Winning at Toronto will not change the fact we sucked on the road again this season just like the last few seasons.

:141847_bnono:
    Please God, give us some football,,,quickly!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• They are a different team on the road. That is obvious. Or, at least prior to the Chicago game they were. We can only hope that the Chicago game is meaningful evidence that they actually have turned the corner, and are ready to play well on the road. That said, if I were a fan of a team playing against the Hawks, I would certainly feel a helluva lot better if my team was playing them at home rather than the Clink, obviously.
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• afternoon game is huge. If this was a 10am game I would chalk up the loss and play around with the playoff machine on ESPN (I think 2-1 gets us in - GB beats Chicago next week and then we still hold the WC over Bears, Dallas).

With that said - Spiller on turf will be brutal against us

Our pass rush should benefit from turf just like against St Louis...oh wait but still in theory it should beneift

RW will run well on turf

RB's are in form

Feel good but not overly confident. Think the game can go either way Bills have played a few really good games this year and will be dangerous
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• edogg23 wrote:This reminds me to much of a famous thread before the Miami game!

ya i'm still picking the splinters out of my A** for that one... having said that, if anything close to yesterday's effort on D and ST shows up in canada, i definately like our chances..

yes spillar is freaky good, but he's not better than AP or gore.. yes AP ran all over us, but we still won the game... don't know if sherman will be out for this game or not, but that could play huge..

i'll say it again.. if the seahawks play the way they're capable of (like yesterday) we should leave canada victorious...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• JSeahawks wrote:With Brandon Browner suspended we really need to bring back Ricky Foley and Jesse Lumsden for this game. We own Canada!

That is funny!! Lumsden was a bust in the CFL, but Foley seems to be doing well for the Argos.
    TorontoHawk
    NET Veteran

• People are mentioning Spiller, but no one's mentioning Fitzpatrick. That man holds the Bills back plenty, and if it comes down to him and the game winning drive, he's going to choke on it like a pretzel.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• They aren't playing at home and neither are we so more or less neutral field. Lets just wait on pins and needles and see how well we kick their butts.
    Kixkahn
    NET Veteran

• Seattle is a completely different team on the road, and it shows up most in our play-calling. At home, we're gutsy, creative, and unpredictable. On the road, we're all vanilla and safe on both sides of the ball. The difference is pretty striking.

The other area it most shows up, unfortunately, is our pass rush. We're going to need a quick fix if we expect a deep playoff run.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Well, WE HAVE MARSHAWN NOW bitches...
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

• Kixkahn wrote:They aren't playing at home and neither are we so more or less neutral field. Lets just wait on pins and needles and see how well we kick their butts.

Have you seen how close to Buffalo Toronto is on a map? (That's not meant to be insulting, I hadn't really cared to look before)

It's a Buffalo home game, and they play there every year. It'd be like saying it's a neutral field if we were playing them in Portland, OR.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

• pinksheets wrote:
    Kixkahn wrote:They aren't playing at home and neither are we so more or less neutral field. Lets just wait on pins and needles and see how well we kick their butts.

Have you seen how close to Buffalo Toronto is on a map? (That's not meant to be insulting, I hadn't really cared to look before)

It's a Buffalo home game, and they play there every year. It'd be like saying it's a neutral field if we were playing them in Portland, OR.

That is why I said more or less, truthfully it is less of an away game for Buffalo.
    Kixkahn
    NET Veteran

• pinksheets wrote:
    Kixkahn wrote:They aren't playing at home and neither are we so more or less neutral field. Lets just wait on pins and needles and see how well we kick their butts.

My understanding is that it is not very loud though and the crowd is not as into it as normal home games. Not sure if that is right or wrong.

Also is Buffalo driving up on game day or are they staying in hotels making it travel even if short

Just saying a home game not truly at home still comes with some logistics...... heck if one of the players have a dui in the past he will spend an hour or two getting into the country.........(sure they waive this for temporary visits like this)
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:53 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information