Did the NFL "flex" the SF vs NE game to SNF ??

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • ...that's the scheduled game next Sunday night...
    Was that the original SNF game...
    or, was it "flexed" in ???

NO CHANCE now for SF @ Seahawks the following Sunday night !!
    No way will they give SF two straight SNF games.......

:229031_rant:
    "If You're Good At Making Excuses, You'll Never Be Great At Anything Else." ~ Richard Sherman

GO HAWKS !!
    glowingeyedseahawk
    * PA's # 1 Seahawks Fan *

• They might have to make an exception. Thats the only worthy game with the other two games worthy being protected by Fox and CBS. I guess they could just stick with their ****y matchup they already got though.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• Steve2222 wrote:They might have to make an exception. Thats the only worthy game with the other two games worthy being protected by Fox and CBS. I guess they could just stick with their ****y matchup they already got though.

(week 16)
    Scheduled SNF game......Chargers @ Jets

:229031_banghead:
    "If You're Good At Making Excuses, You'll Never Be Great At Anything Else." ~ Richard Sherman

GO HAWKS !!
    glowingeyedseahawk

• That was always the scheduled game my dude... The hope is that theyll flex it into that spot later.
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• therealjohncarlson wrote:That was always the scheduled game my dude... The hope is that theyll flex it into that spot later.

I lost ya John ??
    Do you mean, that you think, SF will get 2 straight SNF games ??

GO HAWKS !!
    glowingeyedseahawk

• glowingeyedseahawk wrote:
    therealjohncarlson wrote:That was always the scheduled game my dude... The hope is that theyll flex it into that spot later.

I lost ya John ??

I think its very likely based on the other possible selections. Why not?
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• There's no rule against having the same team on twice, and NBC wants games with meaning on SNF. If we win next week + 49ers lose to New England.. that game is for control of the NFC West.

It's going to get flexed IMO.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Hasselbeck wrote:There's no rule against having the same team on twice, and NBC wants games with meaning on SNF. If we win next week + 49ers lose to New England.. that game is for control of the NFC West.

But they (NFL) needs to make this announcement BEFORE the games are played next week.....right ??

GO HAWKS !!
    glowingeyedseahawk

Hasselbeck wrote:There's no rule against having the same team on twice, and NBC wants games with meaning on SNF. If we win next week + 49ers lose to New England.. that game is for control of the NFC West.

But they (NFL) needs to make this announcement BEFORE the games are played next week.....right ??

Yes, ges. They have to make a decision on the Week 16 game by this Tuesday.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• The only other game that has a shot to be flexed is the Saints at Cowboys game, but the Saints playoff hopes took a devastating blow and the Cowboys are also on the outside looking in. If that game got flexed it'd be purely for ratings since the Cowboys have a huge fan base.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• I think it will get flexed too. Is SeatownJay right in saying it must be done by this Tuesday? I would imagine it has to be done sooner, rather than later. I think since both teams won this week, it'll be flexed; at least I am hoping so!
    IowaSeahawk
    NET Bench Warmer

• New York Giants at Baltimore is another possibility. Could have NFC EAST implications, but I sure hope it's us and the niners. Primetime for the division, please let it be.

Cant believe I will be a die hard Pat fan at this time next week
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

• rjdriver wrote:New York Giants at Baltimore is another possibility. Could have NFC EAST implications......

Isn't that the one FOX has already protected?
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• The Giants and Baltimore is protected by FOX, as well as Cincinnati and Pittsburgh is protected by CBS. (Cant provide confirming link, however know I did read that from a legit source...not to go all ESPN reporter)

As much as I totally would love for 'Hawks and '9ers to get flexed in, (nevermind the fact that it should def be the best game, and the one that makes the most sense) i'm confident that it will be either Philly - Wash or Dallas - N.O.
    Cowboys are still alive for a spot, as well as playing the Saints so would be huge ratings. Washington and RG3 are right there to and could be last home game for Andy Reid in Philadelphia
    GCrow
    NET Veteran

• Im pretty sure I, as well as the nation as a whole, is getting sick and tired of watching the Saints every week on National TV. They suck are are uninteresting. They dont have a big fanbase either.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

therealjohncarlson wrote:That was always the scheduled game my dude... The hope is that theyll flex it into that spot later.

I lost ya John ??

I do...they don't care about who gets it, they care about making money by luring the most viewers.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• Dal v No or Sea vs SF
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:13 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information