Flynn and a second rounder for Fitzgerald!

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • It could work. They saw what he did today. We could actually USE him.
    Russell Wilson doesn't do losing anymore -peachesenregalia, jan 5, 2013
    seahawksfanatic000
    NET Starter

• no body trades the face of the franchise for a question mark player.
    EastCoastHawksFan
    NET Veteran

• Flynn and Trufant and a 1st for him. He may not be worth as much for us, but as a person and player he deserves to be out of that train wreck. I feel like we should give them 2 1st rounders just to have crazy good karma from the football gods for saving him.
    sturg78
    NET Veteran

• I do wish there was a way we could get Fitz. Sad to watch a player like him be wasted like that.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• Inter-Division trade would never happen.

Hawks don't want Tards to have Flynn, and Tards wouldn't wan't us to have Fitz.
    GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!

Long Live Tanzania and Mt. Killamanjaro. In you we trust!
    Wiseguy
    NET Rookie

• Fitz is a once every generation player. It's sad to see him go to waste. But his price tag is just too hefty, especially for our run first offense, IMO.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• razgriz737 wrote:I do wish there was a way we could get Fitz. Sad to watch a player like him be wasted like that.

Sounds like the Mariners... *coughIchiro*, *coughHernandez*....
    Last edited by BlueThunder on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A Blue Buzz-Saw has emerged from the Pacific Northwest. Prepare, NFL.

SEAHAWKS, 2014. Coming soon...
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• BlueThunder wrote:
    razgriz737 wrote:I do wish there was a way we could get Fitz. Sad to watch a player like him be wasted like that.

Sounds like the Mariners... *coughIchiro*, *coughHernadez*....

I don't really follow baseball, but yeah, you're right.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• Why not trade Ben Obamanu and a ham sandwich for Aldon Smith and Patrick Willis while we're at it?
    bmorepunk
    NET Starter

• I would think we'd have to give up a minimum of Flynn and 2 1st round picks.

In other words, it aint happening.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Why does everybody wanna ditch Flynn? Yeah, he's expensive, but I love having a great backup in case the very possible happens, and Russ goes down...

A Blue Buzz-Saw has emerged from the Pacific Northwest. Prepare, NFL.

SEAHAWKS, 2014. Coming soon...
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• Not a knock on Flynn, I would just trade him and a left nut for Fitz. Flynn= good back up, Fitz= Demi-god of sticky hands (God of sticky hands being PeeWee Herman)
    sturg78
    NET Veteran

• sturg78 wrote:Not a knock on Flynn, I would just trade him and a left nut for Fitz. Flynn= good back up, Fitz= Demi-god of sticky hands (God of sticky hands being PeeWee Herman)

Yeah. I like Flynn too, but imagining Wilson throwing to Fitz and Rice gives me wet dreams.

razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• BlueThunder wrote:Why does everybody wanna ditch Flynn? Yeah, he's expensive, but I love having a great backup in case the very possible happens, and Russ goes down...

Absolutely

This is a QB driven league. I love being strong at the QB position. Not just the starting QB position, but the QB position itself. I'm guessing when you combine the salaries of our two QB's they equal or are less than the salaries of the other nine win teams combined quarterbacks. Just a hunch and I'm lazy to look it up.

In a win now league, it's important to not be one injury away from irrelevance. Look at the Cards, ask them how important ANY salvageable QB would have been this year.
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

• isnt fitz in the last year of his contract? if so i guess he'll be walking.

Poor guy though. Amazing he stayed there for so damn long. out of all the other players on the rival NFC West teams he's the one i like the most. A cool guy that has skills. If only he could QB as well as play WR at the same time.
    tubbs51
    NET Starter

• He agreed to an eight-year, $120 million contract extension on August 20, 2011
    yeahbuddy!
    NET Bench Warmer

• You know you might just be onto something, just the wrong Card player. Rumor on the tards board is Dockett has requested a trade, that's who we should target.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• Guess if you have to get your GM-mode on, this is a trade no one would make. There will be a new coach in Arizona and after going through the Kolb fiasco the Cardinals would be insane to give up an accomplished player for a player they still cannot be sure will resolve their problem.

Or did they not learn from their Kolb trade? Just because these trades make sense to folks doesn't mean they are practical.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• Sure, this is a great fantasy football trade...... wait you mean for reals?

Ahhh .................. :escape:
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• why trade Flynn?
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

• id rather trade flynn straight up for dockett. they are looking to get rid of him. he'd love to play against the team that shunned him now. the cards would be more inticed to get flynn and have someone to actually throw to larry. don't like improving a division foe tho. id rather flynn go to kansas city but we don't need anybody from there
    We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
    Greatest defense in NFL history.
    Seeker
    NET Veteran

• BlueThunder wrote:Why does everybody wanna ditch Flynn? Yeah, he's expensive, but I love having a great backup in case the very possible happens, and Russ goes down...

Exactly, why not have a great back up????
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• Everyone knows that the trade deadline has passed, right?
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• Twisted wrote:why trade Flynn?

Fitzgerald.
    bloodkingg
    NET Practice Squad

• Basis4day wrote:Everyone knows that the trade deadline has passed, right?

Everyone is talking about the offseason.
    sturg78
    NET Veteran

• The way the office is finding gold in the Middle rounds a 4-5th round would be fine...
    Uffda
    NET Veteran

• Twisted wrote:why trade Flynn?

Yeah why trade a player we MIGHT need for one of the best players in the league at any position
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• Cards need depth. Smith, a third, a fourth, a fifth and sixth for Fitzgerald.
    49fansince70
    NET Practice Squad

• I understand what the OP is thinking, but there will be 30 other shoppers if Fitz is put on sale, and Seattle simply will not beat every other team. And why the hell would the Cards trade in-division unless they were starting over, which they aren't?

Besides, look at Kolb's numbers this year. actually not too bad. The Cards don't need another QB, they need O-line. And more o-line.

Rosterbaters.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• they aren't? they may not be starting over, but they are definately not going to be contending for a couple years, Kolb is not the answer, they need a quality qb, among many other things, you might see a fire sale in the off season.. starting with the coaching staff.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• I'd go after Dockett, he's the mean 3 Tech we've been needing. Depends on how old he is, isn't he about 30 ? He's still good, but not the player he once was.

Kolb was playing well for the Cards, but he's not durable enough to last behind that OL. Similar to Hasselbeck last year behind our OL. Jackson barely survived it, Hass would've been murdered.

The other thing....why trade Flynn to the Cards ? He'd actually make them better. Flynn came in after sitting on the bench and getting limited snaps all season, and goes 5 for 7 and looked sharp in the face of the AZ blitz. Lots of folks said Flynn couldn't beat a blitz well, and he's not mobile at all. He rolled out, beat a Card defender one on one, broke the tackle, and completed a pass. I still think Matt is a starting caliber QB in the NFL, and I don't want that going to a team in division. Hell, I wouldn't want to trade him in conference.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• This has been a bad year for Flynn.

Rookie QBs are proving that they can start day one, Kolb has been a bust and Flynn got beat out by a third rounder.

His trade value is... well, not very good. And his contract is too much. I don't see a scenario where we trade him, but I do think we'll cut him. You don't spend that much cap space on a backup QB. Flynn would be a great backup QB for about 1/3rd of his contract.
    SUPER BOWL 48 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Flynn isn't really that bad when you look at his future numbers. A big chunk of his money this year was in bonuses. Next year he's scheduled to make $5.25 million, which is a good chunk of money, but not unprecedented for a quality backup. As long as we are able to stay within the cap and re-sign the guys we want to re-sign, I actually want to keep Flynn around. Look around the league at QB's who run around a lot, Vick, RGIII....these types of qb's have high odds of getting hurt in games. Having a backup who can come in and make plays is something any playoff contender needs. We have that in Flynn, and I see no need to send him packing at this point in time.
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Michael Vick will be the Cardinals starting QB in 2013
    PhillySeahawk
    NET Rookie

• I won't be one to inhibit anybody else's wild-speculation good times. For me, though, this team we have is just getting ramped up and playing at a high level at the exact right time. All my attention is focused on the here & now, one must-win game at a time. Not a thought in my head about the offseason or next year.

And I don't think we even need Fitzgerald. One in a million player, sure. For what it would take to get him, not worth it at all.
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

• I like the team the way it is now. I really like Rice, and Tate. Fitz?....He chose to be there so I don't feel sorry for him and there are a ton of good WR's in the upcoming draft. Even though we are drafting last if ya know what I mean. :mrgreen:
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Fitz is a class act and a top 2 receiver in the NFL... anyone who thinks he wouldnt fit with our team is out of their mind. This isn't the MLB though, this trade wouldn't happen.
    SUPER BOWL 48 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

• tubbs51 wrote:isnt fitz in the last year of his contract? if so i guess he'll be walking.

He's signed with the Cardinals (on paper) through 2018. He re-upped in 2011.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Why stop there? Let's trade Jermaine Kearse to the Vikings for Adrian Peterson too. How about Marcus Trufant to the Jets for Darrelle Revis?

:lol: at this trade proposal.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Why do people even start these threads.

They're absurd.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• onanygivensunday wrote:Why do people even start these threads.

They're absurd.

That's the point of them =)
    Uffda
    NET Veteran

• CPHawk wrote:You know you might just be onto something, just the wrong Card player. Rumor on the tards board is Dockett has requested a trade, that's who we should target.

Not a chance, we dont want this POS on our team. He is the same assbag who put his forearm into Hasselbeck's throat and two weeks ago spit at his teammate. His a punk ass. Id be pissed if we brought him on.
    gocougs789
    NET Starter

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:49 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information