Awful quiet around here..

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
HawkWow":31k6e7ok said:
I'm overloaded with the sensation of Knock Out victories. My boy Juan Marquez last night (!!!!), Seahawks today. ;)

8 frikin TOs. WOW. That makes our sack extravaganza against GB pale in comparison. Unbelievable first half and a statement game by damn near every Hawk on the field. Still have to do something with the penalties, though. We won't go deep committing double digit penalties...unless we force multiple TOs to counter them.

Those penalties were losing our cool against a team that we kicked the shit out of and demoralized. A smarter team would have pointed to the scoreboard and walked away. A team that beats the shit out if you in all phases takes the pussy penalties and still beats your sorry ass 58-0.

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
all u can do is be silent. cause we just watched and ass whipping of a lifetime. to quote the rock but it really was.

samwize77

Reaction score
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....huh?...did something happen?...what did I miss?

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
sturg78":1u442ro0 said:
The board is used to complaining, and for once in recent history there is 0 things to complain about wholeheartedly

well I thought the water boys were a bit slow getting out to the field during the breaks... I think they need to compete as well

sturg78

Reaction score
hawks4thewin":3nyfupcg said:
sturg78":3nyfupcg said:
The board is used to complaining, and for once in recent history there is 0 things to complain about wholeheartedly

well I thought the water boys were a bit slow getting out to the field during the breaks... I think they need to compete as well
They must have taken everyone aderal away

Throwdown

Reaction score
sadhappy":2xsh1q3b said:
I'm still in shock.

wow.

Me too, I'm shocked and totally speechless, I cannot find the words for me to describe what the hell we just witnessed yesterday.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
The game was awesome!

A total beatdown in all 3 phases - defense, offense & special teams.

Sure, the team could have avoided some dumb penalties, played like we've been here, but guess what, this is new territory and the fact is, most of these players haven't been in this position - 8-5 record and crushing an opponent - this is new ground. Most haven't been in this position as a pro.

The majority of players have 3 years of NFL experience or less, so while PC had been hit with some harsh comments on this board, I think many forget how young this team is and the growing pains that go along with it.

I'm very impressed with this coaching staff and while many pundits say his rah-rah style doesn't work in the NFL, I think it does. I think his college experience is playing well with this bunch players who9 have little NFL experience.

PC/JS is building a dynasty and we can all look at this game as the turning poimt.

nsport

Reaction score
truehawksfan":31sepx31 said:
The game was awesome!

A total beatdown in all 3 phases - defense, offense & special teams.

Sure, the team could have avoided some dumb penalties, played like we've been here, but guess what, this is new territory and the fact is, most of these players haven't been in this position - 8-5 record and crushing an opponent - this is new ground. Most haven't been in this position as a pro.

The majority of players have 3 years of NFL experience or less, so while PC had been hit with some harsh comments on this board, I think many forget how young this team is and the growing pains that go along with it.

I'm very impressed with this coaching staff and while many pundits say his rah-rah style doesn't work in the NFL, I think it does. I think his college experience is playing well with this bunch players who9 have little NFL experience.

PC/JS is building a dynasty and we can all look at this game as the turning poimt.

PC having his rah-rah style is not the balancing act that makes this team work -it's the hunger of the players. Having a bunch of kids 3 years and younger - this is great now - but anyone who has played Dynasty Mode on Madden knows those contracts will be up for renewal and start destroying our cap number. The time is now - and where JS will earn his paycheck is deciding who to keep at contract time and how to keep the taco plate full of delicious goodness. I'd expect to rotate 5-10 new guys in every year starting next year so we don't hit that wall. 5-10 key guys will get nice contracts every year - and 5-10 key players will be gone due to free agency. I think they've proven they can get the right players for sure. Rebuilding is over - now it's about maintaining.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
True, Nsport. True.

Now, it's a small sample size, but WTIII and Malcolm Smith played well replacing Browner and Hill. Turbin rushed for over 100 yads in 2 qtrs. McCoy had over 100 receiving yards. The Hawks found a franchise QB in the 3rd round!

This team has depth. JS has down a tremendous job building this roster thru the draft and I see him and PC being extremely strategic on who they keep and who you let go in FA. Plus, PC's colege experience of turning over his roster every four years...he knows players leave....he simply reloads, not rebuild.

It's great being a Hawks fan right now!

Uffda

Reaction score
Great game, still stuff to work on, I think.

Penalties, long passes to Turbin, Even Moore... penalties....