The Tanzania Effect

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Oh, right, that was after the Miami game. Either way, I'm 1-1 bashing Tanzania. I'll be 2-1 when I bash it tomorrow before the game and we win, so don't worry.

Throwdown

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":163kalvm said:
Oh, right, that was after the Miami game. Either way, I'm 1-1 bashing Tanzania. I'll be 2-1 when I bash it tomorrow before the game and we win, so don't worry.

And if we lose? We need to find a punishment for you.

Like having to get the Apple logo tatted on your face.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
@seaswab: from what I understand, Mr Allen is providing the advertising free of charge because that country needs the outside dollars that tourism brings. So suck it.

@Roland: Pete has mentioned tanzania, seahawks.com did a tongue in cheek video about the record of the teams playing at C-link, and it isn't hurting anybody but you and the swab. The two of you can suck it together.

I hope this trend takes off, and instead of terrible towels, the colors of Tanzania become part of our fan mystique in Seattle.

Alethios77

Reaction score
Hey, I am so much for it that I hope Madden13 will make the correction in the game. Hey, maybe I will be undefeated @ home too. Next, we may be discussing a Tanzania flag for the teams' away uniform to help our road woes. Go Hawks!

Riley12

Reaction score
What other stadium has a whole country plastered on the walls of their stadium - none! That alone makes it awesome.

If Paul Allen wants to help out - let him at it. I'd even love a huge Heart poster in the south endzone if he wanted to support
his wife's band.

SHOCKER315

Reaction score
Seaswab":157g5aik said:
The best thing they could do is get rid of that ad. Ugly and no place in our stadium.

The POWER of Tanzania compels you!!!
The POWER of Tanzania compels you!!!

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Seaswab":1nchz657 said:
SharkHawk":1nchz657 said:
Seaswab":1nchz657 said:
Get rid of tanzania

I've got a better idea... let's get rid of somebody else! Tanzania is an important place to Mr. Paul Allen who saved our Seahawks from the clutches of Ken Behring and relocation to SoCal. He wants to held the people, build schools, help the economy, educate and feed the children, etc. I say good on him for bringing the cause of Tanzania center stage each week rather than selling that space to another beer company. Good for you Paul!

It is no different than every player putting up their own tax shelter foundation banner around the field level ring of the stadium, but this effort actually benefits real people and is driven by Mr. Allen's desire to impact the lives of those in Africa and make the world a better place. It really stinks having an altruistic owner doesn't it? We could have somebody like Jerry Jones who names himself the GM (even though he knows nothing about modern day football) and then covers every square inch of his luxury box stadium/world's biggest hotel room or whatever that joke is with ads for the same stupid products over and over that do nothing but make us fat and sick. Paul sticks up for the little man and brings good karma to our stadium. Paul Allen for the WIN! Go Seahawks! Go Tanzania!

My god, get over yourself. Seriously. It's a freaking ad for Tanzania. Does it have to be plastered on a prominent wall inside our stadium that looks rediculous and out of place? The cause of Tanzania? LOL What about every other third world country? Give me a break.

Well, on behalf of YOUR God, I am sure he appreciates you telling me to get over MYSELF for defending a man who has put hundreds of millions of his own money into supporting those who need the help.

Tell you what... I'll "get over myself" the day you put up 9 digits of your own cash, and you do something for those OTHER third world countries that Paul isn't supporting. I don't suppose you're supporting them or doing anything to help. Paul is doing what we call "leading by example". He has agreed to give away everything but like 1% of his total wealth. Tanzania is a country that he cares deeply about and has given of himself and his time and money to support a cause. How dare I respect and stand up for the man, right? He can only get kudos if he does it for EVERY country.

OR........ maybe he's doing exactly what great men do and leading the way. Maybe Jerry Jones realizes he has a huge stadium full of space and he puts some of his proceeds toward Ghana? And maybe every other overwhelmingly rich sports owner steps up and does something good, and Paul is the one who led the way, rather than throwing up another Miller Lite ad.

The fact that you can possibly be offended by what Paul and his organization has done speaks volumes about you sir. The fact that you say I need to get over MY self for praising a man who has done a wonderful thing and tried to help out in his own way really shows me a lot about general attitudes. The selfishness expressed here is pretty damned amazing.

Yeah, I will applaud our team owner when he does something great, and I'll applaud every other team owner when they go above and beyond as he has done. He's a trendsetter and we're lucky to have him and should be proud. Not mouthing off and saying that he's apparently not doing enough by only picking one country. Put up or shut up. You haven't created an advertising campaign to try to help build an economy of scale in a third world country. Paul has. And I fully support him, and I'd like to think that our fans are classy enough to understand what he's doing here. You don't get it? I feel bad for you... but I don't feel bad about responding, because frankly your post just makes you look like a heartless jerk and that's something you'll have to live with. I won't feel bad for a second whether I go overboard in supporting Paul's mission and vision or not. I've lived through every other owner and what he's done for all of us is beautiful. Taking that cash and paying it forward to the homeland of my wife and children's ancestors makes me feel better and better each day about being a fan of OUR Seattle Seahawks. Way to go Paul! Don't listen to the haters. Keep the momentum rolling.

Reaction score
SharkHawk":30zieryu said:
Seaswab":30zieryu said:
My god, get over yourself. Seriously. It's a freaking ad for Tanzania. Does it have to be plastered on a prominent wall inside our stadium that looks rediculous and out of place? The cause of Tanzania? LOL What about every other third world country? Give me a break.

Well, on behalf of YOUR God, I am sure he appreciates you telling me to get over MYSELF for defending a man who has put hundreds of millions of his own money into supporting those who need the help.

Tell you what... I'll "get over myself" the day you put up 9 digits of your own cash, and you do something for those OTHER third world countries that Paul isn't supporting. I don't suppose you're supporting them or doing anything to help. Paul is doing what we call "leading by example". He has agreed to give away everything but like 1% of his total wealth. Tanzania is a country that he cares deeply about and has given of himself and his time and money to support a cause. How dare I respect and stand up for the man, right? He can only get kudos if he does it for EVERY country.

OR........ maybe he's doing exactly what great men do and leading the way. Maybe Jerry Jones realizes he has a huge stadium full of space and he puts some of his proceeds toward Ghana? And maybe every other overwhelmingly rich sports owner steps up and does something good, and Paul is the one who led the way, rather than throwing up another Miller Lite ad.

The fact that you can possibly be offended by what Paul and his organization has done speaks volumes about you sir. The fact that you say I need to get over MY self for praising a man who has done a wonderful thing and tried to help out in his own way really shows me a lot about general attitudes. The selfishness expressed here is pretty damned amazing.

Yeah, I will applaud our team owner when he does something great, and I'll applaud every other team owner when they go above and beyond as he has done. He's a trendsetter and we're lucky to have him and should be proud. Not mouthing off and saying that he's apparently not doing enough by only picking one country. Put up or shut up. You haven't created an advertising campaign to try to help build an economy of scale in a third world country. Paul has. And I fully support him, and I'd like to think that our fans are classy enough to understand what he's doing here. You don't get it? I feel bad for you... but I don't feel bad about responding, because frankly your post just makes you look like a heartless jerk and that's something you'll have to live with. I won't feel bad for a second whether I go overboard in supporting Paul's mission and vision or not. I've lived through every other owner and what he's done for all of us is beautiful. Taking that cash and paying it forward to the homeland of my wife and children's ancestors makes me feel better and better each day about being a fan of OUR Seattle Seahawks. Way to go Paul! Don't listen to the haters. Keep the momentum rolling.

Boom. Roasted. Game, set, match. :white_flag:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3nea1gdm said:

Alright, Throwdown; come take your medicine. I typed mad smack against Tanzania before the game in .NET chat today, and LOOK WHAT HAPPENED.

razgriz737

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2cpg1mcx said:
RolandDeschain":2cpg1mcx said:

Alright, Throwdown; come take your medicine. I typed mad smack against Tanzania before the game in .NET chat today, and LOOK WHAT HAPPENED.
The power of Tanzania is stronger than any one of us mere mortals.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The Gods of Tanzania were hungry today!

dunceface

Reaction score
Aros":2uonh0d8 said:
The Gods of Tanzania were hungry today!

When The Tanzania feasts, we too shall feast...

razgriz737":2uonh0d8 said:
The power of Tanzania is stronger than any one of us mere mortals.
:fam: :fam: :fam: :fam:

ensett

Reaction score
I haven't seen it mentioned it yet, but apparently today is literally Tanzanias independence day.