Bears win made the Seahawks world right again...

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • I probably missed the post after the game confirming this, but I believe most Seahawks fans just assumed that we would beat Miami and lose to the Bears. Well obviously, the opposite occurred. Doesn't that put us back on track to what most of us thought our record would be at this point after the Bears game? I made a post prior to the Bears game alluding to this. I was of course hoping to win them both, but said we'd be in good shape if beat the Dolphins and lose to the Bears. In one perspective it's better this way, 'cause we were just "trapped" in Miami (a team better than its record suggests), but when we needed to buckle down and "git 'er done" in Chicago, we won the way tougher game. Maybe I'm just trying to "rose-colored glasses" the whole thing, but I'd definately rather win a game we were supposed to lose, than win a game we were supposed to win. Make sense? Or am I just making lemonade?
    Last edited by BlueThunder on Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May you Rest In Peace Les, my friend...
    :les:
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• BlueThunder wrote:Make sense? Or am I just making lemonaide?

Yep...when life gives you lemons...just make lemonade!
    "Make good teams look bad and make bad teams look terrible!" -Michael Robinson
    BlueTalons
    NET Veteran

• BlueTalons wrote:
    BlueThunder wrote:Make sense? Or am I just making lemonaide?

That's what I thought BT... wait... :)

May you Rest In Peace Les, my friend...
    :les:
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• Watch what happens if we lose to the Cards..

Suddenly we wont have the greatest rookie qb of all time and our defense will suck.
    Cassius Marsh is my 2014 Adopt a Pro Bowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• Well, we're right on track to make my pre-season prediction come true. :)
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• BlueThunder wrote:
    BlueTalons wrote:
    BlueThunder wrote:Make sense? Or am I just making lemonaide?

That's what I thought BT... wait... :)

After you Mr. BT. No no, after you Mr. BT. Oh but i couldn't. But i insist!. Enough! already.

Ok. One of you two are going to have to commit hare kare, or harry carey or hairy carrie, however you spell it. There's just too damn much confusion with you two.
    400WattHPSHawk
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• No...when life gives you lemons you burn life's house down.
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

• Yea, we're back on track record wise.

We're actually ahead of where I thought we'd be on offense, and behind where I thought we'd be on defense....which puts us back on track !

Listening to the players' interviews, there really was a lot of pressure to win on the road. This one was big for their confidence, that's for sure. They've heard a ton that they can't win on the road, so this was a big freakin monkey off their back.

I think we're looking good for the playoffs even if we slip up in Buffalo. The way it's shaping up, 9-7 probably gets us into the 6th seed, with maybe some help from the other teams. Washington actually looks in the best shape right now, and they're a hot team, so we really need to win this game, STL, and either SF or Buffalo to get in. If Washington gets hot and ties us, and we slip up to either of our division rivals, I think they get in based on a better divisional record. We don't look goot at 9-7 with a 2-4 divisional record.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• Ok. One of you two are going to have to commit hare kare, or harry carey or hairy carrie, however you spell it. There's just too damn much confusion with you two.

I've met Hairy Carrie. :shock:

sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• I had us at 6-6 at this point in the season...and winning out to finish at 10-6, which is still where I believe we will end up. I'm hoping for 11-5 but 10-6 is more likely.

If you had to split the last two games, which we did, it's better to have beat the Bears than Miami because in-conference record and head-to-head tiebreakers determine the wild card teams.
    your Superbowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• Hawks46 wrote:Yea, we're back on track record wise.

We're actually ahead of where I thought we'd be on offense, and behind where I thought we'd be on defense....which puts us back on track !

Listening to the players' interviews, there really was a lot of pressure to win on the road. This one was big for their confidence, that's for sure. They've heard a ton that they can't win on the road, so this was a big freakin monkey off their back.

I think we're looking good for the playoffs even if we slip up in Buffalo. The way it's shaping up, 9-7 probably gets us into the 6th seed, with maybe some help from the other teams. Washington actually looks in the best shape right now, and they're a hot team, so we really need to win this game, STL, and either SF or Buffalo to get in. If Washington gets hot and ties us, and we slip up to either of our division rivals, I think they get in based on a better divisional record. We don't look goot at 9-7 with a 2-4 divisional record.

I believe Hawks must win 3 of last 4 to get in. I don't think 9-7 gets our guys in. I think Skins go 9-7 (loss today v. Ravens then win out) and would beat our guys out based on NFC record.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• hawksfansinceday1 wrote:I believe Hawks must win 3 of last 4 to get in. I don't think 9-7 gets our guys in. I think Skins go 9-7 (loss today v. Ravens then win out) and would beat our guys out based on NFC record.

Maybe so, but the Skins are nearly the only team we don't have a tiebreaker over.

My prediction was for 11-5, with us winning out from this point. I didn't pick the individual games perfectly, but I did have us at 7-5. Still quite feasible, IMHO.

sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• sutz wrote:...............
    My prediction was for 11-5, with us winning out from this point. I didn't pick the individual games perfectly, but I did have us at 7-5. Still quite feasible, IMHO.

And here's to you being spot on!! :229031_cheers: It might get our guys a division title.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:03 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information