Thursday game (from Niners fan)

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The Niners O-line is the best run block squad in football. Considering how much they run, their pass blocking could use A LOT of improvement, middle of the league in sacks given up, and when you figure in their low pass attempt totals, San Fran is the worst pass pro unit in the league. Dead friggin last, giving up a sack on 9.2% of dropbacks.

It is the achilles heel of the Niners. Part of the reason they switched QBs, Kaep gives them a better chance on 3rd and long.

Seahawkscrazy

Reaction score
DMH42":rt9kpfpj said:
SinCitySeahawk":rt9kpfpj said:
Am I the only one annoyed by all the 9ers fans posting here? It's a fairly accurate post, but I hate your team, and don't care about your opinion of my team.

Oh don't get me wrong. I hate your team too. However, I respect them. Especially the way they run the ball and play defense. It's like looking at evil twin of the Niners.

It's funny you mentioned that. I see our teams as similar, but I look at your team less like an evil twin, and more like a retarded cousin. :lol:

OP
OP
D

DMH42

Reaction score
Twisted":2e4pbuy0 said:
PLeeez, the niners have the best o-line no one even close? lol

I'm curious. Who would you put ahead of them?

OP
OP
D

DMH42

Reaction score
Scottemojo":27s6zn61 said:
The Niners O-line is the best run block squad in football. Considering how much they run, their pass blocking could use A LOT of improvement, middle of the league in sacks given up, and when you figure in their low pass attempt totals, San Fran is the worst pass pro unit in the league. Dead friggin last, giving up a sack on 9.2% of dropbacks.

It is the achilles heel of the Niners. Part of the reason they switched QBs, Kaep gives them a better chance on 3rd and long.

This is pretty true. Niners as run blocking line is as good as any I've ever seen. Similar to some the early 90s cowboys lines. The high sack total has a lot do with a certain qb holding on to the ball for too long. Hopefully the pass blocking will improve as the offense moves towards a more balanced passing attack.

OP
OP
D

DMH42

Reaction score
Hawks46":3b8b02gx said:
I find it kind of cool going back and looking at some of these comments.

Question: would you Niners fans still turn down that Willis for Wilson trade offer ? I'd be willing to bet you'd be hard pressed to find a Seahawks fan that would be willing to do it now, haha.

I still think your front 7 is better. LB corps is much better than ours....Wright and Bowman are similar in run coverage, but Bowman has better inline speed, making him a bit better in coverage. Willis is better in coverage than Wagner, and Wagner is still learning gap discipline, but the "baby WIllis" comparisons are looking spot on....in time he'll be a pro bowler.

On the Gore vs. Lynch debate, I'd take Lynch now if starting a team based on age, but I'd go with Gore 5 years ago. He's faster and breaks longer runs, while still running damn near as tough. Lynch is a bit more elusive, and breaks more tackles I think. Funny, but in 2 years, I think it might be Turbin over both of them.

Good call by the Niners fan on Kaepernick. Looks like he's got the potential that you thought he would, and he's realizing it. He might give us fits soon.

Really looking forward to that game at the CLink, but looking like we won't have our two good cover corners. We better get some pash rush, or Davis is going to eat up our LB coverage. Still going to be a very tough game.

I like talking football with any intelligent fans, I don't care who they root for....it's better than listening to rabid Homers going "Duude, we're going to CRUSH team X.....Lynch is maaaaannn." Although it is amusing watching the meltdown when things don't go well.

Some good questions here. A trade for willis for Wilson? This is tough scenario. I'm not surprised Seattle fans would not want this trade. I don't think many Niners fans would take it either. Willis is HOF player. Symbol of 49er resurgence. Tough to move him.....only make that trade for elite qb. We will have to look back on this in a few years as russell continues development.

IMO both Kaepernick and Russell are going to be really good qbs. They have truly unique skill sets, hard to compare them to past players. Almost a new breed of qbs. Along with RG3 they have potential to be the type player we thought Mike Vick would be. Athletic freaks. Elite speed. Multi sport athletes, but true qbs that can read defenses. It will be exciting to watch their development.

Having watched Kaepernick more closely than Wilson, he tends to remind of a stronger faster Randall Cunningham. Not just a comparison cliche either. Even his throwing motion is reminiscent.

Who does Wilson remind you all of?

Lynch v. Gore is really tough. I will stick with Gore. No real reason besides homerism I guess. Can't really go wrong with either. Would be cool to see the damage lynch could do behind the Niners Oline though.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Wilson looks like a mixture of Tarkenton/Brees with the obsessive compulsive work habits of nobody I have ever seen before. I know that sounds like hyperbole and homerism, but the potential is really there for that to be true. I wouldn't trade Wilson for Willis ever. People are talking about Seattle's receivers for the first time in years, but it's Wilson who is making them look better than they are. That is just what the good QBs do. And with his work obsession, he is only going to get better and better.

Lynch would fit the personality of your team even better than Gore.

On Kaep: I'm down on him. I like his skills, but the faith the kid has in his legs will be his undoing on a championship level. Like Cunningham, he is a very scary QB who presents great matchup problems, but like Cunningham, well, who was the last run first QB to win a SB? Now, If Kaep can learn to look down the field and be more of a scrambler than a runner, I will change my assessment. But until then, your coaching staff is going to be going bonkers trying to convince him the ball is still way faster at getting down the field than he is. As of right now, comparing him and Wilson is like comparing a point guard to a scoring guard. IMO.

OP
OP
D

DMH42

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3lg7zg5p said:
Wilson looks like a mixture of Tarkenton/Brees with the obsessive compulsive work habits of nobody I have ever seen before. I know that sounds like hyperbole and homerism, but the potential is really there for that to be true. I wouldn't trade Wilson for Willis ever. People are talking about Seattle's receivers for the first time in years, but it's Wilson who is making them look better than they are. That is just what the good QBs do. And with his work obsession, he is only going to get better and better.

Lynch would fit the personality of your team even better than Gore.

On Kaep: I'm down on him. I like his skills, but the faith the kid has in his legs will be his undoing on a championship level. Like Cunningham, he is a very scary QB who presents great matchup problems, but like Cunningham, well, who was the last run first QB to win a SB? Now, If Kaep can learn to look down the field and be more of a scrambler than a runner, I will change my assessment. But until then, your coaching staff is going to be going bonkers trying to convince him the ball is still way faster at getting down the field than he is. As of right now, comparing him and Wilson is like comparing a point guard to a scoring guard. IMO.

Good points. Although I will say Cunningham won just as many SB as Tarkenton. Niners had another raw qb that had to learn to trust his arm over his legs. That ended up turning out pretty well in the end. If anyone can bring it out, Harbaugh could. It may take some time, but I am hoping Kaepernick has more of a Steve Young head just as I am sure you are hoping Wilson has some Brees in him.

Should be fun to watch.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sucks that we'll likely be without BOTH our CB's. That takes away the physical nature that Lord Harbaugh was whining about.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The Hawks have questions at qb??? :34853_doh:
Wow. The only question we have is how great is this kid gonna be.

OP
OP
D

DMH42

Reaction score
DMH42":x1jckjag said:
- both teams have questions at qb. Although hawks have more of developmental issue that has good chance of improving. Niners know what they have in Smith. If he keeps turning ball over, he will be riding bench. IMO, Niners with Kaepernick will be VERY dangerous team

Nice try. But this the actual statement I made two months ago. Looks like it might have been fairly accurate. ;)

OP
OP
D

DMH42

Reaction score
The Seahawks can thank the officials for handing them that game tonight.

Joking. Not much to break down on the rematch. Niners got ass kicked in all phases. Hawks made plays Niners did not. Better team won tonight. I'm a man of my word and just wanted to give y'all your props. That it really tough atmosphere to play in. Wilson has improved into really good qb since first game. Has potentional to be really great. Hawks D played great too.

I'm seeing possibility for rubber match in few weeks. Maybe NFCCG?

SharkHawk

Reaction score
"really good" - Ummm, your fans say Kaepernick is great. That means Wilson is better than "really good". It means he's fantastic.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
DMH42":32wzyil1 said:
I'm a man of my word and just wanted to give y'all your props. That it really tough atmosphere to play in. Wilson has improved into really good qb since first game. Has potentional to be really great. Hawks D played great too.

I'm seeing possibility for rubber match in few weeks. Maybe NFCCG?

:thirishdrinkers: Cheers. It was a drubbing on all counts and most would not come back to admit it. There's still work to be done for both teams, so... looking forward to sharing thoughts on the next matchup. ;)