The baby baby stiffarm!

redhawk253

Reaction score
man nice highlight of rice sucking at blocking.. that was a terrible block on tillman.. then he didn't even attempt to block peppers... tate woulda sold out on peppers lol.. but yeah if rice blocks him at all there wilson has one man to beat for a bigggg gain.

mikeak

Reaction score
I loved the stiff arm but there was one thing I loved more and that was

the pickup of the fumble. I know that if this play gets reviewed the ball is deemed out of bounds as it hit just barely out of bounds but nobody knew that at the play. Wilson finished every play in this game - on the read options he all out went for it without the ball to keep defenses guessing as long as possible, he followed right behind lynch and when the ball bounced out he was there that one time when it was possibly needed.

he played all out all game long and I loved it. I will give someone else credit for the same thing and it is the gw indy game where luck throws that pass knows it was the last option and starts sprinting upfield to lay a block if needed. These rookies are laying it all on the line for their teams and it is fantastic to see. Maybe this is the biggest advantage of the $70 million rookie contracts having dissapeared.........

Lazyfingers

Reaction score
As an NCSU alum, I have been following Russell since his freshman year. Get used to seeing that stiff arm. Russell has sneaky elusiveness. He doesn't look fast, but he usually makes decisive cuts and makes excellent use of that stiff arm to get where he wants to go. I'm hoping the Seahawks make some noise this year with Russell at the helm. You guys got the steal of the draft in my opinion and I was excited to see Pete open up the competition. :D

mikeak

Reaction score
Lazyfingers":3vuofxua said:
As an NCSU alum, I have been following Russell since his freshman year. Get used to seeing that stiff arm. Russell has sneaky elusiveness. He doesn't look fast, but he usually makes decisive cuts and makes excellent use of that stiff arm to get where he wants to go. I'm hoping the Seahawks make some noise this year with Russell at the helm. You guys got the steal of the draft in my opinion and I was excited to see Pete open up the competition. :D

First - Go Pack! Hopefully Doeren will bring back the excitment we first had when "The Chest" was hired....

Secondly -- seen it before as well but I don't like the increased amount of the running game with RW. Remember his first year at NC State was very much the running attack game even though it was more of a straight on running type like GT. He got injured twice that year including the bowl game against Rutgers in which we were crushing them in the first half but lost since RW didn't play the second half.......

Lazyfingers

Reaction score
I remember Russell getting hurt as well, but I also remember him being more judicious with his decisions while running as he gained more experience at the college level. In the same manner, I think he has shown a maturity with his run decisions as he has gained NFL experience. His ability to learn and correct at such an incredible pace is one of the most astonishing gifts he has. I don't foresee this offense turning into a tremendous amount of read option, but a nice mixture creates just enough hesitation in the defense to allow Russell to pick the weakness he wants to attack. I'm looking forward to seeing him take a second crack at the divisional teams. Oh yea, Go Pack!!! And, Go Hawks!!!

Twisted

Reaction score
that sure was a horrible block by Rice for the first down, Hawks have to clean up that play, put the Sean Lee on that dood!