Favorite Seahawk

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
Bipolar":buhmov9f said:
my favorite Seahawk is the long snapper Tyler Schmitt.

why?

a) because this is actually a difficult position to play, it is very hard to find a consistent and a reliable one, yet no long snapper ever gets any love or publicity.
b) he is very consistent and invisible on special teams. exactly how he needs to be ;).

Schmitt_Tyler.jpg

(on a more serious note, I am torn between Zach Miller and Russell Wilson)

Tyler Schmitt isn't on the team, you're thinking of Clint Gresham...he's actually really awesome, always clowing on Jon Ryan on Twitter and making fun of Haushka

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I have met:
Ray Roberts in the hallmark store, both buying valentines day cards for our gals. Totally nice guy.

Chris Warren ran into me, at 6,2 and a healthy 205 he nearly knocked me on my butt, just walking.

Rick Mirer: Meh... Wuss.

Tez: arriving at Husky stadium, already sweating and breathing hard, jeans doing the plumber butt thing.

Hass and Holmy together, caught balls from my kid at 2006 camp.

Julius Jones signed a ball for my mom to auction at a cancer fund raiser. Met him that day.

Actually, been pretty lucky cause there is more, but those are the most memorable.

kearly

Reaction score
Matthew Hasselbeck.

On the current team, probably Sidney Rice. If Wilson threw the ball as often as Luck did Rice would be having a monster season. He's also a class act and is one of the most polished looking Seahawks WRs I've ever seen this season.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
All-time - Big Walt & Largent (I cannot choose one or the other) with Easley not far behind

This team - Russ
Honorable mention to Unger because of how much he's improved since his rookie season and Zach Miller cuz he's sacrificed his catches/personal stats to block (well) for the good of the team

nanomoz

Reaction score
Being a USU Aggie alumnus: Wagner and Turbin. I was so happy when they were drafted.

All time? Probably Walter and Lofa.

capncrunch

Reaction score
Sidney Rice. He's been getting open all season. Now it seems Russ and him are very much on the same page. He can make the spectacular catch on the designed route and just lope his way around the field as Russ is scrambling to make some intermediate catches. I don't really remember him dropping a pass this season. I don't really fault a guy for getting injured, which has kept him off the field, but I'm really just answering this question based on this season anyway. On defense I'm gonna go with KJ Wright.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
Hass.

My wife and 2 of my sons went to his bday party at his house after the bengal game in 2007.

They got to meet several players then.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I've met almost all of the players from our SB team. Some on more than one occasion. Holmgren (and chump Ruskell) too. More times than not it was a quick introduction / handshake, as in....none of them would remember me or my name.

Like a boob, I actually teared up at the NFC C game while thanking our owner. That moment was more special to me than meeting any, or all, of the players. Like many of you, I was traumatized by the Behring years and believe that was the reason I was overcome by emotion. Mr. Allen is such a regular dude. Later, he helped my bro, who was with the team, in a way that was beyond selfless and incredible. He really had to stick his neck out in doing so, too. Sad ending, too personal to speak of here.

Other than the remnants of that (fine Superbowl winning) team, I've met none of the current Hawks.

My all time favorite Hawk wore #45.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Russell Wilson is my favorite current Seahawk.

Back in 2006 I met Lofa Tatupu while working at Best Buy in Lynnwood. He was a great guy that was really soft spoken.

Old school Seahawk would be Cortez, loved that dude.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I would say Brian Blades but after that manslaughter deal Darryl Williams beats him out even though he only played four years for this team.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Bipolar":1mqizfqf said:

why?

a) because this is actually a difficult position to play, it is very hard to find a consistent and a reliable one, yet no long snapper ever gets any love or publicity.
b) he is very consistent and invisible on special teams. exactly how he needs to be ;).

Schmitt_Tyler.jpg

I think clint gresham does the long snapping.

Favorite now: jon ryan
Favorite all time: coach kitna

Barthawk

Reaction score
minormillikin":zqmhmtti said:
Bipolar":zqmhmtti said:

why?

Schmitt_Tyler.jpg

I think clint gresham does the long snapping.

Favorite now: jon ryan
Favorite all time: coach kitna

You are correct about Gresham.. Tyler Schmitt was the dude Ruskell drafted in the 6th round with chronic back problem and he didn't even make it to training camp.

jhawk91

Reaction score
All time for me is walter jones. What a rock he was at LT for so many years. Alexander is a close second

Currently my favorite is Lynch with Russell moving closer

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Old school: Largent
New school: Hasselbeck
Future School: Wilson

Some others who deserve mention over the years:

Kenny Easley
Rufus Porter
John L Williams
Brian Blades
Joey Galloway
Shawn Springs
Darrell Jackson
Michael Boulware
Chad Brown
Charlie Rodgers.

The Radish

Reaction score
Like many I got to meet a lot of the SB players when training camp was at Cheney. Will never forget the big smile on Alexander's face all the time.

Of course Walt, Kenny E, Largent, Matt, all are fan favorites.

But one other I remember meeting and talking to is Amber Lancaster the Seahawks most famous Seagal. You can still see her everyday on the Price is Right.

:les: