Favorite Seahawk

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Favorite Seahawk
Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:08 am
  • Alright this question is going to sound pretty elementary but I have never seen a topic on everyone's favorite Seahawk. So, who is your favorite player on the team right now and why? If you have a reason. Just to throw another question out there, who is your all-time favorite Seahawk?

Picking just one can be tough, so if that's the case, give me your favorite offensive and defensive player on the current roster.

I am really liking Earl Thomas and for all-time Seahawk I would have to say Grant Wistrom. I know he was only on the team for three years but I met him at a Thunderbirds game one time (he was there to drop the puck for the opening face-off ceremony). Funny thing is, he was just in a pair of shoes and he was taller than both of the players he stood next to on the ice and they had skates on (giving them about three inches extra height).

Wistrom just about broke every bone in my hand when we shook hands. After meeting him, although very briefly, I had a pretty clear understanding on just how big and strong NFL offensive linemen had to be in order to stop a man like Grant Wistrom.

Apologies if anyone thinks this is a ridiculously stupid question. Work is dead and i'm interested in seeing if there is a clear favorite among Seahawk fans.

Added question:

Have you ever met a Seahawks player? Details if you have, I like to know what players are like off the field.
    Last edited by Zowert on Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
    ~ The Stache'
    Zowert
    NET Veteran

Re: Favorite Seahawk
Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:13 am
  • If you are interested, there is an introduction topic stickied in the Lounge where people introduce themselves and within it, name their favorite seahawks...

http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=638

As for me, I used to say my favorite was Largent (I met him when I was a kid), but now, I really have to put Hasselbeck on that list as well. They really are neck and neck, but the fact Hasselbeck took us to our first ever superbowl is pretty special.

Today, I really have lots of favorites, If I had to narrow it down, I'd take Thomas on Defense and Lynch on offense. Sherman is sneaking up on Thomas, and Wilson may soon overtake Lynch, but for now this is where I stand.
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:14 am
  • From the past, Steve Largent for me. He was MONEY!! And a gentleman.

Current roster, I'm going with Russell Wilson and Richard Sherman.
    Last edited by onanygivensunday on Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:14 am
  • Russell Wilson.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:17 am
  • Thanks for that. I didn't know there was already a thread like this on .Net. You gave me a good idea to make this a bit different though.

Another Question:
    Have you ever met a Seahawks player? Details if you have, I like to know what players are like off the field.
    ~ The Stache'
    Zowert
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:21 am
  • My all-time favorite is Hasselbeck. I also loved Anthony Simmons and Ricky Watters.

Current fav would be Beast Mode...but #3 is rising up that chart very quickly.

Win Forever!
    JonRud
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:33 am
  • Largent for all time favorite. Earl Thomas for favorite current player.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:48 am
  • Golden Tate.

Defense... Red Bryant
    CaptainSkybeard
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:52 am
  • All Time: Rufus Porter (Shaun Alexander was as close second)

Current: Richard Sherman

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:59 am
  • my favorite Seahawk is the long snapper Tyler Schmitt.

why?

a) because this is actually a difficult position to play, it is very hard to find a consistent and a reliable one, yet no long snapper ever gets any love or publicity.
    b) he is very consistent and invisible on special teams. exactly how he needs to be ;).

(on a more serious note, I am torn between Zach Miller and Russell Wilson)
    Cheesehead Seahawk Extraordinaire
    Bipolar
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:22 am
  • Earl Thomas currently and Matt Hasselbeck all-time.

Honorable mention to Golden Tate currently and Bobby Engram all-time. I still wear my Engram jersey for the big games.
    "So between my friends and I we have been at every home game to date this year, and we have all been plotting the offensive plays called. " ------Anthony!
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:30 am
  • I love me some #37, but I think Russell is going to be my all-time favorite if he keeps heading in the direction he is.
    Galen96
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:51 am
  • All-Time: Shaun Alexander (Hass and Walt are tied for a close second)

Current: Kam Chancellor, but Russell is making a strong case for himself.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:51 am
  • Golden Tate! Every time that guy gets the ball in his hands I smile. I think some of that is left over from the winning catch in the GB game. I have never been so thrilled with a game-ending play, never ever in my life and not since. Also he has other TDs and has a nose for the end zone like 37 did.

All-time favorite? That's easy, Matt Hasselbeck. I love Wilson and I think he has the skill to be better next year than Hass was in his best year, but Hasselbeck will be my favorite until RW has won more games, or something. I know it will happen eventually but for now it's Matt.
    We want the ball and we're gonna score.
    LawHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:11 am
  • Past on Defense: Kenny Easly
    Past on Offense:Dave Krieg

Present Offense:That short guy behind center :mrgreen:
    Present Defense:Big Red
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:12 am
  • All-Time: Shaun Alexander

Now: Kam Chancellor
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:21 am
  • All-Time: Kenny Easley

Current: Tie of Sherman and Wilson
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:40 am
  • All-time: Steve Largent

Current: Russell Wilson (offense), Defensively it's so hard to choose (Chancellor, Thomas, Sherman, Big Red, Wags, Clem, and others - I know this love fest is so embarrassing).
    Starrman44
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:45 am
  • Well based on my current sig I am a big Clemons fan.

But all time the list is long. Herrera, Zorn, Largent, Doornink, Krieg, Tuiasasopo, Green, Eugene Robinson, Warner, Tez, Easley, Mayes, Hutchinson, Burleson etc. etc.

Sherman was on his way, but the Adderall bust tarnished that for the time being.

All that being said, I am rapidly turning into a Wilson Fan!

Go Hawks!
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:49 am
  • Zowert wrote:Thanks for that. I didn't know there was already a thread like this on .Net. You gave me a good idea to make this a bit different though.

Another Question:

I had the great opportunity to meet Steve Largent at a Fellowship of Christian Athletes in my hometown in Colorado about 5 years ago. He gave a motivational speech to those attending and told the story of a game between the Hawks and Bears when "Sweetness" and "Boz" were playing and after a tackle by Boz, "Sweetness" jumped up and told him the hit was nothing and that he's (Sweetness) got more brains in his stomach than "Boz" had in his head. LOL!

I was the only guy wearing a Hawk polo to the event and after it was over he was rushed by many. He was not signing any memorabilia and gave but a few autographs to a few kids. I was the only one to get a pic with him and shake his hand only because he said, "I noticed your Seahawk shirt and knew you were a fan." After the pic was snapped he was rushed out to catch a plane.

Meeting a HOFer like Largent was surreal being the life long Hawk fan I've been. I was as tall if not slightly taller than him and I'll never forget shaking his hand thinking, "Damn, they're as soft as a baby's bottom." LOL!
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:53 am
  • Walter Jones.
    Eh... Whatever...
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:56 am
  • Bipolar wrote:my favorite Seahawk is the long snapper Tyler Schmitt.

why?

a) because this is actually a difficult position to play, it is very hard to find a consistent and a reliable one, yet no long snapper ever gets any love or publicity.
    b) he is very consistent and invisible on special teams. exactly how he needs to be ;).

Tyler Schmitt isn't on the team, you're thinking of Clint Gresham...he's actually really awesome, always clowing on Jon Ryan on Twitter and making fun of Haushka
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:59 am
  • I have met:
    Ray Roberts in the hallmark store, both buying valentines day cards for our gals. Totally nice guy.

Chris Warren ran into me, at 6,2 and a healthy 205 he nearly knocked me on my butt, just walking.

Rick Mirer: Meh... Wuss.

Tez: arriving at Husky stadium, already sweating and breathing hard, jeans doing the plumber butt thing.

Hass and Holmy together, caught balls from my kid at 2006 camp.

Julius Jones signed a ball for my mom to auction at a cancer fund raiser. Met him that day.

Actually, been pretty lucky cause there is more, but those are the most memorable.
    Eh... Whatever...
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:09 pm
  • Matthew Hasselbeck.

On the current team, probably Sidney Rice. If Wilson threw the ball as often as Luck did Rice would be having a monster season. He's also a class act and is one of the most polished looking Seahawks WRs I've ever seen this season.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:21 pm
  • All-time - Big Walt & Largent (I cannot choose one or the other) with Easley not far behind

This team - Russ
    Honorable mention to Unger because of how much he's improved since his rookie season and Zach Miller cuz he's sacrificed his catches/personal stats to block (well) for the good of the team
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:28 pm
  • Being a USU Aggie alumnus: Wagner and Turbin. I was so happy when they were drafted.

All time? Probably Walter and Lofa.
    “We need to be challenged, ... and we need to be under the gun to respond.” --Pete Carroll
    nanomoz
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:59 pm
  • Sidney Rice. He's been getting open all season. Now it seems Russ and him are very much on the same page. He can make the spectacular catch on the designed route and just lope his way around the field as Russ is scrambling to make some intermediate catches. I don't really remember him dropping a pass this season. I don't really fault a guy for getting injured, which has kept him off the field, but I'm really just answering this question based on this season anyway. On defense I'm gonna go with KJ Wright.
    capncrunch
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:04 pm
  • Lynch, Hass, Galloway, John L, Largent.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:14 pm
  • Hass.

My wife and 2 of my sons went to his bday party at his house after the bengal game in 2007.

They got to meet several players then.
    Last edited by DTexHawk on Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    And this post is not directed at anyone personally.
    DTexHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:15 pm
  • I've met almost all of the players from our SB team. Some on more than one occasion. Holmgren (and chump Ruskell) too. More times than not it was a quick introduction / handshake, as in....none of them would remember me or my name.

Like a boob, I actually teared up at the NFC C game while thanking our owner. That moment was more special to me than meeting any, or all, of the players. Like many of you, I was traumatized by the Behring years and believe that was the reason I was overcome by emotion. Mr. Allen is such a regular dude. Later, he helped my bro, who was with the team, in a way that was beyond selfless and incredible. He really had to stick his neck out in doing so, too. Sad ending, too personal to speak of here.

Other than the remnants of that (fine Superbowl winning) team, I've met none of the current Hawks.

My all time favorite Hawk wore #45.
    Last edited by HawkWow on Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Having your views challenged is a lot more healthy than simply jabbering on with people who think exactly the same way as you.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:17 pm
  • Russell Wilson is my favorite current Seahawk.

Back in 2006 I met Lofa Tatupu while working at Best Buy in Lynnwood. He was a great guy that was really soft spoken.

Old school Seahawk would be Cortez, loved that dude.
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:32 pm
  • Zorn, Mudbone, Dr. Dan, Matt.....present team, Russell.
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:39 pm
  • I would say Brian Blades but after that manslaughter deal Darryl Williams beats him out even though he only played four years for this team.
    bmorepunk
    NET Starter

Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:44 pm
  • Bipolar wrote:my favorite Seahawk is the long snapper Tyler Schmitt.

why?

I think clint gresham does the long snapping.

Favorite now: jon ryan
    Favorite all time: coach kitna
    minormillikin
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:57 pm
  • my favorite is Brandon Browner
    morgulon1
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:15 pm
  • minormillikin wrote:
    Bipolar wrote:my favorite Seahawk is the long snapper Tyler Schmitt.

why?

I think clint gresham does the long snapping.

Favorite now: jon ryan
    Favorite all time: coach kitna

You are correct about Gresham.. Tyler Schmitt was the dude Ruskell drafted in the 6th round with chronic back problem and he didn't even make it to training camp.

Where can I find Seahawks98.com???
    Barthawk
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*

Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:03 pm
  • I also like Jon Ryan. He's helped us win a lot of games.
    "Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force."

- Barbie from Toy Story 3
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:56 pm
  • All time for me is walter jones. What a rock he was at LT for so many years. Alexander is a close second

Currently my favorite is Lynch with Russell moving closer
    jhawk91
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:04 pm
  • Old school: Largent
    New school: Hasselbeck
    Future School: Wilson

Some others who deserve mention over the years:

Kenny Easley
    Rufus Porter
    John L Williams
    Brian Blades
    Joey Galloway
    Shawn Springs
    Darrell Jackson
    Michael Boulware
    Chad Brown
    Charlie Rodgers.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:18 am
  • Like many I got to meet a lot of the SB players when training camp was at Cheney. Will never forget the big smile on Alexander's face all the time.

Of course Walt, Kenny E, Largent, Matt, all are fan favorites.

But one other I remember meeting and talking to is Amber Lancaster the Seahawks most famous Seagal. You can still see her everyday on the Price is Right.

:les:
    Getting ready for some football
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:23 am
  • Earl Thomas at the moment.
    Uffda
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:27 am
  • All time: Lofa Tatupu (thats where i get the 51 in all my usernames everywhere including my GT)

Current: DangeRuss by a friggen mile. i mean i love every player on this team but Russ... is... just AWESOME. I'll gladly take the crown for Leader of the DangeRuss fan club. :th2thumbs:
    tubbs51
    NET Starter

Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:57 pm
  • #28 Curt Warner

He doesn't blow his knee out, we win it all in 1984!

Had a man crush on Hass for his personality as well, he is just as Mr. Seahawk as anyone in my opinion.
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:18 am
  • Tanzania
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:53 am
  • T-Sizzle wrote:Russell Wilson.

It seems as though that covers your offense, defense past and present. Are you RW's mom?
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:03 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information